Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

Sep 24, 2008, 3:29 AM
Post #126 of 384 (2763 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well I'm 3+ hours from anything worth getting on so I can't really offer you useful accommodations but we're damn sure gonna do some climbing. What you gotta do is find some sweet housing near climbing in WV, NC, KY and I'll help you abuse the hospitality.Angelic

curt

Sep 24, 2008, 3:36 AM
Post #127 of 384 (2758 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Maddhatter] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maddhatter wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Maddhatter wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Maddhatter wrote:
donald949 wrote:
flipnfall wrote:
sungam wrote:
...I'm all over hitting up Jtree!

Work on adding an extra layer of skin. The rock out there is SO sharp. Sweet rock, though. I love the formations and it's only a few hours away from where we live.

Dude, I seriously can't believe you have so many posts and you're only 19. WTF-bomb? You started posting while you were in diapers!Laugh

GT

Shh, no let on bout jtree rockclimbing. meez want to seez em cry lik babie when em climbz it first time.
DD

J-Tree rock is SWEET!! Try climbing the Tuff at Queen creek AZ!!! (bring some super glue for your tips!) LOL
Don't know about the AZ tuff, how does it compare to the volcanic stuff at deadmans, eastern seirra just north of Mammoth Mountain?
D

IDK Never been there but the Tuff in AZ is some nasty sharp stuff. Still great climbing though.
So I take it that its sharper than Josh.
DD

Much much sharper. But then I never thought J-tree rock was all that sharp in the first place. We would do 10 climbs a day some days at J-tree and my hands were fine most the time. I do tape up for jam cracks though. Hobbit roof (10.b) did take a nice bight out of me But other then that I thought the rock was pretty dam good. It's not smooth by any means but far from the worst I have climbed on.

The roof is only 5.9 of course--and the 10b move is on the slab below. Still, that is a nice climb.

Curt

curt

Sep 24, 2008, 3:42 AM
Post #128 of 384 (2752 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Maddhatter] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maddhatter wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Maddhatter wrote:
donald949 wrote:
flipnfall wrote:
sungam wrote:

Work on adding an extra layer of skin. The rock out there is SO sharp. Sweet rock, though. I love the formations and it's only a few hours away from where we live.

Dude, I seriously can't believe you have so many posts and you're only 19. WTF-bomb? You started posting while you were in diapers!Laugh

GT

Shh, no let on bout jtree rockclimbing. meez want to seez em cry lik babie when em climbz it first time.
DD

J-Tree rock is SWEET!! Try climbing the Tuff at Queen creek AZ!!! (bring some super glue for your tips!) LOL
Don't know about the AZ tuff, how does it compare to the volcanic stuff at deadmans, eastern seirra just north of Mammoth Mountain?
D

IDK Never been there but the Tuff in AZ is some nasty sharp stuff. Still great climbing though.

Queen Creek / Oak Flat is my local climbing and bouldering area. It is quite similar to Deadman's Summit--and, as MH says, has some great climbing.

Curt

majid_sabet

Sep 24, 2008, 3:55 AM
Post #129 of 384 (2748 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Don't come to vt.

isn't he your on-line BF?

geogoddess

Sep 24, 2008, 3:58 AM
Post #130 of 384 (2748 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We got culture! We got Mormons! Temples! Republicans! The Utah Jazz! Mad hockey leagues! 2002 Olympics hosts! Bobsled parks!

I live in Salt Lake City
I have a roomy basement with a hella beautiful view; its mostly empty except for a largish gear-stuffed closet and a sweet foosball table.
Back deck has a fine view of the city, I live on a cliff
Should have a back yard by the time you arrive. (giant trackhoe arrives tomorrow)
15-20 mins from Little and Big Cottonwood Cyn rock and/or ice and/or skiing, backcountry, nordic, snowboarding etc (depending on the season you arrive)
I have an 8 y.o. boy, a dog, and a pretty busy life but I work from home so its whatever I want it to be
There's a dozen people on this website who would love to meet & climb w/ you while you're here in Salt Lake; all of them are gonna be better climbers than me, my feelings wont be hurt if you crash here and climb x them; we'll all share a drink together
I loooovvve single malt, it is a passion Sty and I shared while we enjoyed that back deck view
(I have written this very carefully to ensure that any possible connotations of what we enjoyed passionately on the back deck are not misconstrued)

Stinky, oh, stinky.... its never gonna be the same around here. (*sigh*)

ummmm ... are you really 19?
I would feel alot better if you lied about your age. Tell me you're like, 29 or something.Blush

geogoddess

Sep 24, 2008, 4:47 AM
Post #131 of 384 (2737 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thatguyat99] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thatguyat99 wrote:
if you can make it to atlanta, georgia i can get you out to some good trad here and up in NC or Tenn...
actually planning on 3 days in linville gorge(NC) late Oct...let me know...
also i've got plenty of space in mi casa for you to crash...and i like scotch too...and i'm in a bagpipe band for crying out loud.

suddenly my offer of a basement and some fine single malt seems.... weke

notapplicable

Sep 24, 2008, 5:11 AM
Post #132 of 384 (2734 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geogoddess] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

geogoddess wrote:
thatguyat99 wrote:
if you can make it to atlanta, georgia i can get you out to some good trad here and up in NC or Tenn...
actually planning on 3 days in linville gorge(NC) late Oct...let me know...
also i've got plenty of space in mi casa for you to crash...and i like scotch too...and i'm in a bagpipe band for crying out loud.

suddenly my offer of a basement and some fine single malt seems.... weke

To me, bagpipe bands are kinda like water polo and curling teams. I know they exist in the US and some of the are pretty good but I'll be damned if I have ever known a person in one, heard of a match/practice/tryout anywhere ever, or even heard it talked about. I mean honestly, where do world class water polo teams come from if no one plays water polo??

These^^ are the things that occupy my mind when its 1 a.m. and I'm not tired, but I know its to late to start another movie.

carabiner96

Sep 24, 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #133 of 384 (2718 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geogoddess] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

geogoddess wrote:

I would feel alot better if you lied about your age. Tell me you're like, 29 or something.Blush

he he hee....Angelic

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #134 of 384 (2713 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
geogoddess wrote:

he he hee....Angelic
Erm... that was a typo, sorry guys. Damn, I can't edit either.
I'm 29.

carabiner96

Sep 24, 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #135 of 384 (2710 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Don't come to vt.

isn't he your on-line BF?

*sigh* alas, no. My online BF is long gone :(

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 1:03 PM
Post #136 of 384 (2706 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Is that an invite, Curt? Angelic

nilcarborundum

Sep 24, 2008, 2:39 PM
Post #137 of 384 (2682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, I'll bite. In spite of the fact that the only response I've ever had to one of your posts was to call you a fuckwit, you manage to annoy Art, so I guess you're ok in my book. After visiting Geo in SLC, you might as well head up the road to Idaho. We can go left, right or up to do some climbing, (City of Rocks, Tetons, or the Sawtooths) depending on time of year and type of climbing you want. And don't worry, every summit has a great view of the potato fields. And assuming my gf doesn't think you look like a stalker, you can even sleep in the cellar.

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 2:53 PM
Post #138 of 384 (2674 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nilcarborundum] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nilcarborundum wrote:
Ok, I'll bite. In spite of the fact that the only response I've ever had to one of your posts was to call you a fuckwit, you manage to annoy Art, so I guess you're ok in my book. After visiting Geo in SLC, you might as well head up the road to Idaho. We can go left, right or up to do some climbing, (City of Rocks, Tetons, or the Sawtooths) depending on time of year and type of climbing you want. And don't worry, every summit has a great view of the potato fields. And assuming my gf doesn't think you look like a stalker, you can even sleep in the cellar.
Tetons? sweet! Let's do that Smile Potatoes? yumyum.
And ask your girlfriend how, in any way, I could possibly look like a stalker:

Attachments: InnocentLilMe.jpg (63.7 KB)
  hiya.jpg (60.9 KB)

lena_chita

Sep 24, 2008, 2:54 PM
Post #139 of 384 (2674 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm beginning to see the picture: If I go someplace in the next year and see a big crowd of people all clamoring for their turn to climb with this guy, the guy in the middle is likely to be sungam.

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 3:10 PM
Post #140 of 384 (2665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I'm beginning to see the picture: If I go someplace in the next year and see a big crowd of people all clamoring for their turn to climb with this guy, the guy in the middle is likely to be sungam.
You'll get a VIP pass to the front. =)
Seriously though, you guys WANT to climb with me.
Everyone likes climbing with someone worse then them, right? Tongue

chezdillon

Sep 24, 2008, 3:28 PM
Post #141 of 384 (2657 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We are are 30 min. from Moore's Wall in NC. You are welcome to use our couch. We could probably even give you a belay too.

- Jeff

donald949

Sep 24, 2008, 3:31 PM
Post #142 of 384 (2652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Well according to your profile you don't climb worse than me. About the same, although I don't do that ice and snow stuff.

The stalker pic you attached did't show up on my screen. So let me try...

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 3:31 PM
Post #143 of 384 (2652 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chezdillon] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chezdillon wrote:
We are are 30 min. from Moore's Wall in NC. You are welcome to use our couch. We could probably even give you a belay too.

- Jeff
No doubt we'll climb together. Woo!
As long as by couch you mean something other then a "love seat" two-seater. I mean they're better then nothing but damn did my back hurt after a few nights on one of those.

chezdillon

Sep 24, 2008, 3:34 PM
Post #144 of 384 (2648 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No sore backs here. This thing is 6.5 feet long and has down cushions. We have had visiting clmbers fight for this couch...

- Jeff

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 3:42 PM
Post #145 of 384 (2642 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LaughLaugh

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 3:45 PM
Post #146 of 384 (2639 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chezdillon] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chezdillon wrote:
No sore backs here. This thing is 6.5 feet long and has down cushions. We have had visiting clmbers fight for this couch...

- Jeff
Omg... I better bring my own pillow case cuz... *drrooooool*

boymeetsrock

Sep 24, 2008, 3:52 PM
Post #147 of 384 (2633 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
You can't get to the gunks-a-thon?
Oh BTW guys I decided there should be a gunks a thon. GMBurns will be there, so will blueyes and wonderwomen (this is not an invite, guys, I'm telling you.) Smile

I'd like to join in on this little gathering as well!

sungam

Sep 24, 2008, 4:13 PM
Post #148 of 384 (2619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [boymeetsrock] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

boymeetsrock wrote:
sungam wrote:
You can't get to the gunks-a-thon?
Oh BTW guys I decided there should be a gunks a thon. GMBurns will be there, so will blueyes and wonderwomen (this is not an invite, guys, I'm telling you.) Smile

I'd like to join in on this little gathering as well!
Sweet!
Closer to the time I'll make a thread. It'll have lots of caps in the title, and no doubt either myself or rc.com will be taking the gunks "by storm".
I'll bring a haggis just for the occasion.
Nothing beats haggiz for sending powar!

lena_chita

Sep 24, 2008, 4:22 PM
Post #149 of 384 (2618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I'll take the VIP pass (free stuff!) and decide later whether to use it or sell it for profit :)

Maddhatter

Sep 24, 2008, 4:45 PM
Post #150 of 384 (2804 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Sungam's partner finding thread- a.k.a. HAGGIZDONNY TAKES ROCKCLIMBING.COM BY STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Maddhatter wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Maddhatter wrote:
donald949 wrote:
flipnfall wrote:
sungam wrote:

GT

DD

D

Queen Creek / Oak Flat is my local climbing and bouldering area. It is quite similar to Deadman's Summit--and, as MH says, has some great climbing.

Curt

Cochise (sp?) strong hold down by Tucson, AZ has great climbing also. But bring a stong mind if you plan to lead. It's not a place for wimps.
Mt.Lemon is also by Tucson and is a Awesome place to climb. Both are great for winter climbing.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook