RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

AllIn

Sep 28, 2008, 1:15 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1169 views)
Shortcut

Virtual Hitchhiking Forum
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Seeing as how gas is impossible to afford anymore, maybe we should start an entire forum that helps people connect to share gas cost for climbing trips. If you were going on a trip, you could just post the dates, and where you were headed, and people could throw up a virtual thumb and "hitchhike."

Partner epoch

Sep 28, 2008, 1:30 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1168 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AllIn] Virtual Hitchhiking Forum [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A person can do this in the already established partner forums. If you are on a road trip, post up your intentions, destinations, and dates that you wish to be in a particular region. Also, you can start a thread in the General forum stating as such. People are always out on road trips and if you find yourself at one of the more popular venues you are sure to find someone who is on somewhat of the same course as you.

AllIn

Sep 30, 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1046 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Virtual Hitchhiking Forum [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm glad we already have a venue for this, but I was thinking it might be easier to sort out if it had it's own forum. Instead of having to search through the 3664 threads for the occasional "ride" or "road trip" thread, it might be easier to have everything related to that in its own category. It just may encourage people to take advantage of this amazing community resource (rc.com) and become more efficient in their travels.

climbs4fun

Oct 1, 2008, 6:55 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1029 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AllIn] Virtual Hitchhiking Forum [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

AllIn wrote:
I'm glad we already have a venue for this, but I was thinking it might be easier to sort out if it had it's own forum. Instead of having to search through the 3664 threads for the occasional "ride" or "road trip" thread, it might be easier to have everything related to that in its own category. It just may encourage people to take advantage of this amazing community resource (rc.com) and become more efficient in their travels.

We have enough forums as it is. It would be redundant to the partners forums. That's what they are for.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook