RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

mikeboomer12

Dec 2, 2008, 6:47 PM
Post #1 of 5 (906 views)
Shortcut

New H.I.T. Strip System...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Has anyone used the new H.I.T. Strip System (I realize there are posts about the old one)? What do you think?

I'm think about buying it for my home gym in the new year. Just the 4 strip 6 pinch system. I used it at the local gym once and felt it work some new muscles. It also seems good in an area where there might be limited space. Seeing as it will be 4 months until the season outside starts again (a least), it might be a good investment. Any advice?

rockforlife

Dec 2, 2008, 7:14 PM
Post #2 of 5 (867 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mikeboomer12] New H.I.T. Strip System... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mikeboomer12 wrote:
Has anyone used the new H.I.T. Strip System (I realize there are posts about the old one)? What do you think?

I'm think about buying it for my home gym in the new year. Just the 4 strip 6 pinch system. I used it at the local gym once and felt it work some new muscles. It also seems good in an area where there might be limited space. Seeing as it will be 4 months until the season outside starts again (a least), it might be a good investment. Any advice?

They like any training tool can be great, but it comes down to how or IF you will use them.

P.S. i think they are ok, depending on the wall angle and shape

borntorocku

Dec 2, 2008, 8:18 PM
Post #3 of 5 (834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I set them up on a 45 degree home woody. My first impression is that they hurt. They have a rough texture, better suited for a commercial gym. In addition, the mono holds and outside pockets tend to pinch the skin of my fingers. Often times I had to stop workouts as a result of these skin issues. All the of grips are "jugs." I had to add large amounts of weight to get a workout. I disagree with the workout program that came with the strips which calls for 1 set of 20 reps for each grip. Overall, it is a good concept but the execution seems lacking. It would be nice to see a set with smoother texture, more ergonomical shapes, and less incut.

nthusiastj

Dec 2, 2008, 8:29 PM
Post #4 of 5 (815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've had it for a couple of years now. Honestly, I don't use it as often as I should. But it gives me a good workout when I do.

I sanded the holds a little to make them nicer and I tape my fingers to dull the pain.
I believe the directions say to do both of these.

I'd say if you don't have access to a gym the system would be great.

mikeboomer12

Dec 2, 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #5 of 5 (749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [borntorocku] New H.I.T. Strip System... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I read on the website they suggest sanding the texture to make it more finger friendly.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook