Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Does anyone have this guidebook or know where I can find one?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jesselyb

Dec 31, 2008, 1:05 AM
Post #1 of 6 (3803 views)
Shortcut

Does anyone have this guidebook or know where I can find one?  (North_America: United_States: California: Sacramento_Area: Cosumnes_River_Gorge)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey folks, I've been trying to find this "Rock Climbs of Consumnes River Gorge" guide book and haven't been able to find anyone who sells it (or anything about the publishing company for that matter). I've heard that there's a new edition called something like "Placerville Area Rock Climbs" or something to that effect, but have had the same luck trying to find that. If anyone has one of these books and would be willing to let me borrow it, or buy it, let me know! Thanks!

stickyfingerz

Dec 31, 2008, 1:52 AM
Post #2 of 6 (3772 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jesselyb] Does anyone have this guidebook or know where I can find one? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You could try either of these books.

http://www.chesslerbooks.com/...?strSearch=consumnes

jesselyb

Dec 31, 2008, 3:29 AM
Post #3 of 6 (3733 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stickyfingerz] Does anyone have this guidebook or know where I can find one? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks stickyfingerz, I've gotten what I can from the Falcon guide, I might give the other one a shot. Anyhow, from what I've heard, this guidebook http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Climbs-Cosumnes-River-Gorge/dp/1891119036 is the old edition to a more comprehensive guidebook that covers Cosumnes and Mosquito Coast. I guess either one of those 2, the outdated one or the somewhat current one, are the specific ones I'm looking for.

bob_54b

Feb 4, 2009, 8:23 PM
Post #4 of 6 (3618 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jesselyb] Does anyone have this guidebook or know where I can find one? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I published the guide previous to Will Cottrell, the blue cover one, ended that in the early 90s when Will asked me if he could take it over, since we had moved to Wyoming.
My old one covers both Consumnes and Mosquito. I don't publish it any more but still have the proof copy I can Xerox off. Not a whole lot has changed, it was all sort of in the bag by 1990.
You should be able to find Cottrell's newer book at REI or some climbing store around CA, since it is such a popular place.
Send me an address if you want a copy and I can run one off. It's a collector's item if nothing else.
..........Bob Branscomb...Lander WY

ptlong

Feb 4, 2009, 9:05 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Check Mountain Tools, they might have it in stock.

Oh, and it's Cosumnes. You've made the common mistake of misspelling it. Even a previous guidebook author can't get it right!

Forgot to mention that I've got a copy of the '97 Cottrell that I'd happily part with. If all else fails and you're interested let me know.

(This post was edited by ptlong on Feb 4, 2009, 9:07 PM)

lukekswanson

Jun 9, 2011, 9:24 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2803 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bob_54b] Does anyone have this guidebook or know where I can find one? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Would it be possible to have you send me a copy of that guide? I'm going to be heading out there with some experienced climbers and newbies soon. Happy to do some exploring but a guidebook always helps in a pinch.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook