Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
GEAR TAKEN (Stolen?) in Joe's
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

reticent

Apr 5, 2009, 5:53 AM
Post #1 of 1 (937 views)
Shortcut

GEAR TAKEN (Stolen?) in Joe's  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Central_Utah: Joes_Valley)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Black Diamond Butler containing 1 pair Testarossas, 1 pair Miura VSs, 1 pair Scarpa Vortices, Metolius Chalk Bucket, and iPod speakers taken from the side of the road just past Big Joe area in Joe's Valley, 4 April 2009.

My boyfriend set his Butler down to go look at a problem up the road (toward the reservoir) from the Big Joe area in Joe's Valley. The kit was left at the top of a road cut about 20 or 30 feet up and back from the road on the same side of the road as the Big Joe boulder (ie, not on the river side). As he was scrambling up the hill, he heard a car slow down and idle but did not assume a theft was in progress. When he returned to the road, having been gone for less than 5 minutes, his pad and its contents were gone. He thinks the car was a grey or tan jeep.

I'm posting this here on the off chance someone thought the gear was lost or left behind and took it to keep it from being ruined in the snowstorm. Or, I guess, on the chance that someone notices it on ebay.

Any info would be much appreciated! You can contact me at haynie@colorado.edu

Thanks

-reticent

(This post was edited by reticent on Apr 5, 2009, 5:55 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook