Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
directions to hunter boulders?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

cush

Apr 24, 2009, 6:43 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1641 views)
Shortcut

directions to hunter boulders?  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southcentral_Region: Hunters)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

this place looks pretty fantastic. would anyone here happen to know where this place is and be able to toss me a PM with directions. i'd really appreciate it. if you're feeling particularly generous and would want to meet up and show me around that would be amazing as well.

dharmatreez

Apr 24, 2009, 7:18 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1634 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cush] directions to hunter boulders? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

here is the database entry with the directions, topos, and gps hits for Hunters

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...al_Area_aka_Hunters/

the overview map isn't updated with the new access trail yet, but the GPS hits are still good, follow the link from the cul-de-sac and you can't miss the new trail that stems off to the rocks

recently the C3PA and the Standing Stone (Link) Trail members have put in a new trail off of the private land

the boundaries are obvious

the database you posted this to contains mainly the RIP routes that are in the private section

there is an extremely rare plant, Pennywort (Obolaria) on the ridge in the state forest natural area, be careful where you throw your pad down

drop me a PM when you come to the area, i can make sure you find what your looking for

long happy trails and safe climbing,

Jae

woods

Apr 24, 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1578 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dharmatreez] directions to hunter boulders? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, those maps you make are gorgeous, Jae. Nice work!

Cush, the new trail starts right across the road from the campsite at the bottom of Jae's map. There's a pullout there with a small sign from the Audubon Society.

The new trail will take you right up to the "Fortress" section, all on public land. Be sure to check out the area at the power cut as well (separate parking, shown on map as well).

Tomorrow's the opening day of Spring Gobbler, so hunters will be out in force all this weekend. But the hunting is done by 1pm on Saturday, and no hunting on Sunday.

Have a great time,
Scott

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook