RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

.sam.

May 2, 2009, 5:23 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1178 views)
Shortcut

matterhorn: what route did i climb?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i know this sounds like a really silly question but... i dont know what i climbed. ariving in zermatt in october and only having a small weather window after a long snow storm before the next one hit i headed up without beta to climb what looked good. started up the hornli route but a bit more to the right staying on the ridge or just to the east of it. i saw were the hornli route vered off further on to the east face but contued up the ridge and droped onto the north face a few times for maybe 200 total meters then i think i linked back up with the horli at the high emegency hut and followed the ridge from there. the difficultys were mostly fourth class to low class five with a few 5.8ish moves, and snow/ice up to maybe 50 degrees. found rap tat and old pins the whole way. if anyone has any idea id really like to know. thanks a ton

quiteatingmysteak

May 2, 2009, 5:47 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Re: [.sam.] matterhorn: what route did i climb? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hrmm.... the nearest routes to you are the Czech '83 route to the right and the east face to your left, but you should have been closer to the ridge then what those are. Since its such a busy route, it could be a variation for guides to pass parties? Just a thought. Sounds like a blast, though!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook