Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Quincy Quarries -- is the overhang section OK to climb?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ClimbClimb

May 12, 2009, 3:52 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2958 views)
Shortcut

Quincy Quarries -- is the overhang section OK to climb?  (North_America: United_States: Massachusetts: Greater_Boston: Quincy_Quarries)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This question is about a large section of interesting-looking climbs next to water marked as "frog pond" in guidebooks. I believe that this is H-I-J wall or perhaps "parabola" or roofs". (Sorry -- it's unclear which is which in my mind).
While there are many good options for anchors at the top and the climbs looked realy fun, there was no one else on those routes -- despite every other area in Quincy Quarries being full of people. Coupled that with a warning in the guidebook that one should beware of loose rock in that section in the spring, and the observation that some areas of the cliff looked very "fresh", we decided not to try it at that outing.
Sorry in advance for not knowing the proper term or route names. Basically, I'd be interested in the fun overhang-y stuff (if I have the right wall/route, several are 5.9/5.10, and they look that from the ground), not the easier stuff on the left or the uninspiring shorter slabs on the right).

So, is it right to stay off or were all of those 3 factors a coincidence? Thanks in advance.

ClimbClimb

May 15, 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2887 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbClimb] Quincy Quarries -- is the overhang section OK to climb? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

anyone?

charley

May 15, 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2880 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbClimb] Quincy Quarries -- is the overhang section OK to climb? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Try the mass climbers in the east coast wsection

olderic

May 15, 2009, 1:33 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2864 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ClimbClimb wrote:

So, is it right to stay off or were all of those 3 factors a coincidence? Thanks in advance.

More coincidence

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook