Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Lost/forgot Rope?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

joeforte

Jul 6, 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #1 of 17 (13411 views)
Shortcut

Lost/forgot Rope?  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If you forgot your rope this past weekend, send me a PM because I picked it up. The reason I'm not saying where it was found is because the area is officially "closed" to climbing. It was laying all across the base of the cliff while we were there, and we couldn't find anyone around so when we left I grabbed it. I didn't want the local kids to come find it and pretend to be rock climbers!

Gilbert1976

Jul 23, 2009, 1:07 AM
Post #2 of 17 (13319 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joeforte] Lost/forgot Rope? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

is it just closed to climbing only and it would be nice if youd say where as i'm new to climbing and need help learning where i can and cant climb .

joeforte

Jul 23, 2009, 2:45 AM
Post #3 of 17 (13297 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gilbert1976] Lost/forgot Rope? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you lose your rope?

Gilbert1976

Jul 23, 2009, 7:49 PM
Post #4 of 17 (13255 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nope i dont own any gear other then my own shoes
I borrow a friends extra harness and have friends who can afford to buy rope as i can hardly afford to wipe my ass let alone climb somewhere illegally and leave a rope. Lastly I follow the law not break it !!!!!!

codhands

Jul 23, 2009, 8:18 PM
Post #5 of 17 (13245 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think you're missing the point.

joeforte

Jul 23, 2009, 8:47 PM
Post #6 of 17 (13236 views)
Shortcut

Re: [codhands] Lost/forgot Rope? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Haha, well at least all of this nonsense is keeping the thread bumped.

Any ideas for what to do with a questionable rope? I was thinking either rope-swing, or rope rug...

codhands

Jul 23, 2009, 8:53 PM
Post #7 of 17 (13233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

joeforte wrote:

Any ideas for what to do with a questionable rope? I was thinking either rope-swing, or rope rug...

Send it to Gilbert1976 so he will have something to wipe his ass with. JK Gil!

karcand

Jul 23, 2009, 9:30 PM
Post #8 of 17 (13210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How do you make a rope rug? I have an OLD rope that is retired. A rope rug would go nice in my place.

squishy654

Jul 23, 2009, 10:25 PM
Post #9 of 17 (13194 views)
Shortcut

Re: [karcand] Lost/forgot Rope? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

karcand wrote:
How do you make a rope rug? I have an OLD rope that is retired. A rope rug would go nice in my place.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rope+rug

(This post was edited by squishy654 on Jul 23, 2009, 10:25 PM)

Gilbert1976

Jul 23, 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #10 of 17 (13178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

codhands wrote:
joeforte wrote:

Send it to Gilbert1976 so he will have something to wipe his ass with. JK Gil!

LOL LOL LMFAO make a rug out of the law breakers rope depending on the length and color it might be really pretty for in front of the toilet.LOL

Gilbert1976

Jul 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #11 of 17 (13175 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

codhands wrote:
I think you're missing the point.

i get the point he is making to the owner of the rope
and i commend him for it .

I am just curious to learn where i can cant climb here in Pa for example Safe Harbor i've read online at old sites that say its open and then read another posting from 2004,2005 that it will soon be open again then read elsewhere that its still closed and i've read plenty across this country that climbing spots are being closed all the time thanks to lawsuits
what ever happen to ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK PROPERTY OWNER NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHERS STUPIDITY?

I havent found it yet on this great site but is there a complete state by state listing of places open and closed that is actually updated on a regular basis?

joeforte

Jul 24, 2009, 2:55 AM
Post #12 of 17 (13144 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No, there is no such listing.

Safe harbor is still closed, as far as I know. Maybe someone else can give more details.

Unless it is public land, or you know the owner and he allows climbing, just assume it is closed. I'd say a good 80% of the rock in PA is off limits (legally)

(This post was edited by joeforte on Sep 3, 2013, 1:42 PM)

Gilbert1976

Jul 26, 2009, 3:35 AM
Post #13 of 17 (13114 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'd say a good 80% of the rock in PA is off limits (legally), but that is OK because most of it is "unknown" to the average gym/internet climber anyway. Those who do know about these spots fly under the radar, and keep them secret.

i get it those who think they are good enough or better then the rest of us new climbers feel its ok for themselves to break the law which is in turn why its so hard to get places opened that have been closed due to the fact that these fly under the radar folks you speak of are not going as undetected as they think just curious which group your in (gym/internet climber thats treated like an outsider)OR the (law breaking fly under the radar but we're better then those average folks)

Its no wonder people think like they do( by people i mean those against us climbers or the mountain bikers or horse riders etc.....) they read a post like your reply proving that in every group theres those that cant follow the rules and laws so to all the fly under the radar guys if any on here A BIG THANKS for making it harder for those trying to work with the system.

Alpine07

Jul 26, 2009, 3:51 AM
Post #14 of 17 (13111 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gilbert1976 wrote:
In reply to:
I'd say a good 80% of the rock in PA is off limits (legally), but that is OK because most of it is "unknown" to the average gym/internet climber anyway. Those who do know about these spots fly under the radar, and keep them secret.

i get it those who think they are good enough or better then the rest of us new climbers feel its ok for themselves to break the law which is in turn why its so hard to get places opened that have been closed due to the fact that these fly under the radar folks you speak of are not going as undetected as they think just curious which group your in (gym/internet climber thats treated like an outsider)OR the (law breaking fly under the radar but we're better then those average folks)

You know, they did invent this thing a while back called punctuation. Yeah, I know, super high tech eh? It comes highly recommended though, give it a try sometime. Sheesh...

joeforte

Jul 26, 2009, 4:25 AM
Post #15 of 17 (13101 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gilbert1976 wrote:
In reply to:

Its no wonder people think like they do( by people i mean those against us climbers or the mountain bikers or horse riders etc.....) they read a post like your reply proving that in every group theres those that cant follow the rules and laws so to all the fly under the radar guys if any on here A BIG THANKS for making it harder for those trying to work with the system.

Yeah guys, stop climbing on that illegal rock. It's not "designated" for climbing you know!

A little punctuation might help your credibility next time.

I just noticed NONE of your posts use punctuation. Are you always drunk, or just when you post?

(This post was edited by joeforte on Jul 26, 2009, 4:27 AM)

Gilbert1976

Jul 26, 2009, 3:20 PM
Post #16 of 17 (13077 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry Professor!!!!! I thought this was a rock climbing site . For the record i dont drink at all!!!!!!!
Thanks for answering the question. I wish you the best and hope your climbs are safe

joeforte

Jul 27, 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #17 of 17 (13036 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gilbert1976 wrote:
Sorry Professor!!!!! I thought this was a rock climbing site . For the record i dont drink at all!!!!!!!
Thanks for answering the question. I wish you the best and hope your climbs are safe

I see you are learning. Good work!

So, no one lost a rope? I guess I'll have to go build that rope swing...

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook