Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Teenagers Throwing Bottles
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ClimbSoHigh

Jul 6, 2009, 4:31 PM
Post #1 of 1 (948 views)
Shortcut

Teenagers Throwing Bottles  (North_America: United_States: Connecticut: Central: Pinnacle_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I find the bigger issues at Pinnacle are the teenagers throwing bottles. Ground up leading is a little dangerous to me here and recommend rapping to check holds for broken glass first. I find most of the kids I have talked to understanding if you keep it casual and not parenting. I tell them to "drink and have fun, just try to pack your trash out. And if you MUST drunkenly throw items off the edge, don't be a pussy let it dribble down the cliff, throw it like a champ and try to hit the houses below!" Obviously I would prefer them not being there at all or packing out their trash, but good luck with that. I try the compromise approach. Hell I would have loved to have a cliff to get drunk on in HS and throw shit off of. If people yelled at me for drinking I would have told off whoever it was as an annoying adult, but if they only asked to keep the broken glass off the holds, I probably would have agreed.

First time I yelled at one of those teenagers was the first time I realized I crossed the bridge to being an adult.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook