RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

unrest

Aug 31, 2009, 5:25 PM
Post #1 of 13 (6422 views)
Shortcut

Camalot Cam Deals?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking for good deals on full sets of Camalots anybody know of hot deals on Camalots and even other cams? I'm also considering the Omega Pacific cams has anyone used them? Thoughts on the Omega's vs. the Camalots?

I am doubling up but I suppose I'm open to other suggestions as well. I've got doubles on stoppers, tricams, hexes and singles on a full set of C3, C4. So I was just going to double up the C3, C4 as I have enjoyed them a lot.

I have noticed that there's tons of opinion here so let me just say that if you have one I'll read it.

Good deals on high quality, durable cams is my purpose though. I'm a cheap ass looking to grab.Wink

c4c

Aug 31, 2009, 5:28 PM
Post #2 of 13 (6412 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unrest] Camalot Cam Deals? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

my opinion is that you should have used the search function instead of starting a new thread about a topic that has already been discussed at length.

unrest

Aug 31, 2009, 5:31 PM
Post #3 of 13 (6408 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Camalot Cam Deals? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, that is stupid isn't it. I have a horrible head cold. I'll go and do that now. Sorry folks. I feel like I have been drug through hell. Sorry for the poor etiquette.

Edit:
Oh but wait. I still was wondering if there are any hot full-set cam deals out there!

(This post was edited by unrest on Aug 31, 2009, 5:33 PM)

coastal_climber

Aug 31, 2009, 5:41 PM
Post #4 of 13 (6391 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.spadout.com/...-diamond-camalot-c4/

johnwesely

Aug 31, 2009, 5:47 PM
Post #5 of 13 (6389 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All cams are 20% off on Ems.com right now.
Enjoy.

moose_droppings

Aug 31, 2009, 6:21 PM
Post #6 of 13 (6353 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

unrest wrote:
Looking for good deals on full sets of Camalots anybody know of hot deals on Camalots and even other cams? I'm also considering the Omega Pacific cams has anyone used them? Thoughts on the Omega's vs. the Camalots?

I am doubling up but I suppose I'm open to other suggestions as well. I've got doubles on stoppers, tricams, hexes and singles on a full set of C3, C4. So I was just going to double up the C3, C4 as I have enjoyed them a lot.

I have noticed that there's tons of opinion here so let me just say that if you have one I'll read it.

Good deals on high quality, durable cams is my purpose though. I'm a cheap ass looking to grab.Wink

I see brand new sets of C4's
(.5-3) on Ebay frequently.

IMO if your going to get more cams, get something different then you already have a set of, unless you have to for some specific reason. Having a different type /make/style of cams opens up more options for the different features the rock may present to you.
YMMV

marc801

Aug 31, 2009, 6:39 PM
Post #7 of 13 (6326 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moose_droppings] Camalot Cam Deals? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

moose_droppings wrote:
Just make sure you know what you should really pay. There was one of those deals this past weekend. The starting price was $200 for the 5 cams - a pretty damned good deal. Backcountry.com normally has that set for $319, but on special right now for $286. The current EMS sale brings it down to around $260.

What was the winning bid by the rocket scientists on eBay? $327.

To further the idiocy, it was a 7 day auction and morons were upping the bid with still 2 days to go.

gmggg

Aug 31, 2009, 6:47 PM
Post #8 of 13 (6321 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Camalot Cam Deals? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
moose_droppings wrote:
Just make sure you know what you should really pay. There was one of those deals this past weekend. The starting price was $200 for the 5 cams - a pretty damned good deal. Backcountry.com normally has that set for $319, but on special right now for $286. The current EMS sale brings it down to around $260.

To further the idiocy, it was a 7 day auction and morons were upping the bid with still 2 days to go.

Seriously, what is up with the current E-bay naivety? Why do people think it is a good idea to bid the first day an auction goes up? It works out well when I sell stuff, but it makes it a pain in the ass to find good deals.

And having doubles in a different brand/style of cam is a great suggestion. I was stuck with BD doubles due to good deals (I know, too bad, right?), but I find myself wishing i had some different head shapes, trigger lengths, and ranges on occasion.

Hello link cams :)

moose_droppings

Aug 31, 2009, 6:53 PM
Post #9 of 13 (6312 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
moose_droppings wrote:

Well for sure you need to know what things are worth before bidding on them. I didn't think I needed to say that, but your probably right to point it out to some. I wonder if there wasn't a shipping charge on top of that already high bid.

Also, Backcountry has C4's on sell for 10% off right now with free shipping which makes it a better deal than that EMS 20% off.

edit; excpt the #5 and #6 C4's, you'll save a buck something at EMS.

(This post was edited by moose_droppings on Aug 31, 2009, 7:02 PM)

marc801

Aug 31, 2009, 6:59 PM
Post #10 of 13 (6298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moose_droppings] Camalot Cam Deals? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

moose_droppings wrote:
Well for sure you need to know what things are worth before bidding on them. I didn't think I needed to say that, but your probably right to point it out to some. I wonder if there wasn't a shipping charge on top of that already high bid.
It does seem obvious.....apparently not though. Yes, there was a shipping charge. At least it wasn't too unreasonable at $12 (although you could certainly ship those cams for a lot less anywhere in the states).

moose_droppings

Aug 31, 2009, 7:15 PM
Post #11 of 13 (6286 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
It does seem obvious.....

I forget some times the masses to which these post reach.

In one thread a person was asking how to get stickers from gear makers. I suggested something I had done which was to request a catalog from them and a sticker if they had one. Someone flamed me saying it was a waste of a catalog and the time from gearmakers for just a sticker. It never occurred to me that someone would do that for just the sticker and not want the catalog with the possibility of making an order too.

mr.tastycakes

Aug 31, 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #12 of 13 (6190 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

as already mentioned, EMS has 20% off deals (one going on right now) AND when you spend over $100 you get a $25 gift card that you can put towards another cam (which makes it almost half price). I bought my whole rack like this over the course of a year. if you've got one nearby, go to the store to save on the shipping charges.

Crack_Addict_Ty

Sep 1, 2009, 6:11 PM
Post #13 of 13 (6115 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr.tastycakes] Camalot Cam Deals? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

On moosejaw.com you can type in 3XREWARD in the coupon field and get 30% back in the form of points to put towards more cams. This is how I bought my first set of C4s.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook