Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

obsessed

Sep 30, 2009, 7:26 PM
Post #26576 of 26795 (3299 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Whoo! It's snowing outside!

Wax on, wax off...
What? Thats crazy. Even if you live near the mountains. Thank god I'm going to the desert tomorrow, its cold here too.
You ever confirm if you're going to get out climbing there?
Yep all confirmed to climb on Saturday even though its supposed to be 32, dry heat so it won't feel like 32. I'm excited.
Have a great time in KY

obsessed

Sep 30, 2009, 7:27 PM
Post #26577 of 26795 (3297 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Whoo! 32 and sunny for the PT

obsessed

Sep 30, 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #26578 of 26795 (3294 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Whoo! It's snowing outside!

Wax on, wax off...
What? Thats crazy. Even if you live near the mountains. Thank god I'm going to the desert tomorrow, its cold here too.
You ever confirm if you're going to get out climbing there?

She doesn't climb!
Thats correct. have to keep that reputation going...thank you ekop

Partner epoch

Sep 30, 2009, 7:49 PM
Post #26579 of 26795 (3276 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:

It's snowing atop the Kanc right now.

Well, it was 20 minutes ago when we got a phone update from one of my colleagues.

obsessed

Sep 30, 2009, 8:03 PM
Post #26580 of 26795 (3271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
obsessed wrote:

Well, it was 20 minutes ago when we got a phone update from one of my colleagues.
where is that?

Partner epoch

Sep 30, 2009, 8:08 PM
Post #26581 of 26795 (3266 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
epoch wrote:
obsessed wrote:

where is that?
Kancamangus Highway. It connects the Mount Washington Valley to rt 93 in New Hampster. So... Mt Washington is getting snow too? Ice will start forming soonz!

churningindawake

Sep 30, 2009, 8:13 PM
Post #26582 of 26795 (3259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Sometimes the Columbia River Gorge right out of Portland gets some really good ice. Although a lot of it has been closed over the years because the waterfalls and spots that they form on have been turned into tourist spots.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to our winter climbing cave. We can usually climb there year round even if its snowing or raining. Although we fear that it may be closed to climbing and turned into a tourist spot because it lies just a short distance (1/2 mile) from Multnomah Falls (Super popular tourist stop) and another popular water fall right next to it.

dr_feelgood

Sep 30, 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #26583 of 26795 (3243 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

imnotclever wrote:
clausti wrote:
blargh.

if i go in to get blood drawn, sit down, and take all four of my layers (rain shell, hoodie, flannel shirt, longsleeve shirt) off of ONLY ONE ARM, then yes, i have a preference which arm you use. don't dirty look me back when i incredulous at you for a second before i answer.

You should have had her try to find a vein in the fake one.

Wrong Double X chromosome.

dr_feelgood

Sep 30, 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #26584 of 26795 (3241 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
I am out for this weekend. The weather may be an issue, but more importantly the finances are definately not allowing it.

Honestly, I really cannot nail down why things went awry, but they did - I know when - and it's been a bitch to recover.

Things will be resolved in 5 or so days, which puts doing anything this weekend as definate no-go. Sorry Mo, I really wish I could make it.

You will be missing out on the epic retelling of the Saga of Feelgood in the Land of Pittsburgh.
Speaking of which, I had my charges dropped in exchange for some community service.
In Pittsburgh?

Connecticut.
Or anywhere, really.

Alpine07

Sep 30, 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #26585 of 26795 (3235 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
obsessed wrote:
epoch wrote:
obsessed wrote:

where is that?
Kancamangus Highway. It connects the Mount Washington Valley to rt 93 in New Hampster. So... Mt Washington is getting snow too? Ice will start forming soonz!

Yes! This is gooooood! Have to find my way up there soon to scratch up a couple a icicles.

snoopy138

Sep 30, 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #26586 of 26795 (3231 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

camhead wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
clausti wrote:
blargh.

if i go in to get blood drawn, sit down, and take all four of my layers (rain shell, hoodie, flannel shirt, longsleeve shirt) off of ONLY ONE ARM, then yes, i have a preference which arm you use. don't dirty look me back when i incredulous at you for a second before i answer.

You should have had her try to find a vein in the fake one.

fail.

christ, it took me a while to figure owt what the fuck INC was talking abowt. that is one hell uv a fail.

it was a combination of caffine buzz, donut buzz, and skimming. Which reminds me that there are more donuts around here somewhere.

that's ok, both their names start with "C." Similar, but not as dramatic, to the explosions in the OBET yesterday.

heh.

wanderlustmd

Sep 30, 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #26587 of 26795 (3223 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
I am out for this weekend. The weather may be an issue, but more importantly the finances are definately not allowing it.

Honestly, I really cannot nail down why things went awry
, but they did - I know when - and it's been a bitch to recover.

Things will be resolved in 5 or so days, which puts doing anything this weekend as definate no-go. Sorry Mo, I really wish I could make it.
When you took up ice climbing?

No that wasn't it. I goofed up about 4 months ago and have been trying to recover since. It's bad enough that I'm on a really tight budget.

It's ok I don't think anyone will be going. It's supposed to be quite bad.

wanderlustmd

Sep 30, 2009, 11:17 PM
Post #26588 of 26795 (3221 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:

No that wasn't it. I goofed up about 4 months ago and have been trying to recover since. It's bad enough that I'm on a really tight budget.
I still think ice climbing was a good guess.

I'd like to get people together and do a trip to Quebec again this winter.

+1

Indeed, early to mid Jan is going to be my vaca block.

wanderlustmd

Sep 30, 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #26589 of 26795 (3218 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Lost the dog somewhere in the house. Dammit.

How does one lose a dog in a house? Outside, yes. Inside... still not getting it.

He's small still, and when he's quiet he's hard to find (and usually up to no good) I need to get another kiddie gate to keep him contained.

For size reference...last week trying to get him to stay in place, looking at the camera for a nice picture. Didn't work.

[image]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs244.snc1/9118_586615016710_6907496_35597938_7241663_n.jpg[/image]

He also likes to pull the blankets off of the bed, top that off with a laundry basket he's dumped, then burrow under it all and pass out.

Yeah...that would pretty much drive me insane.

snoopy138

Sep 30, 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #26590 of 26795 (3211 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Lost the dog somewhere in the house. Dammit.

How does one lose a dog in a house? Outside, yes. Inside... still not getting it.

He's small still, and when he's quiet he's hard to find (and usually up to no good) I need to get another kiddie gate to keep him contained.

For size reference...last week trying to get him to stay in place, looking at the camera for a nice picture. Didn't work.

[image]http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs244.snc1/9118_586615016710_6907496_35597938_7241663_n.jpg[/image]

He also likes to pull the blankets off of the bed, top that off with a laundry basket he's dumped, then burrow under it all and pass out.

Yeah...that would pretty much drive me insane.

sounds like yore guys' future life together might have some bumpz in teh rode.

Partner epoch

Sep 30, 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #26591 of 26795 (3206 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:

+1

Ewe better have some days off at least once a week before then so we don't suck in the fase of the munkeys...

The other ice climbers near me prefer mid-week jaunts up. Tho I may be able to do that asswell, being a regular worker (M-F) I'd rather save mah thyme for important days, such as vakashunz and sleeping off bad hangovers.

Partner epoch

Sep 30, 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #26592 of 26795 (3204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

WTF is with awl the bugs and buzzing in teh thread?

I wish I had the powah to banz from single threadz.

chossmonkey

Sep 30, 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #26593 of 26795 (3201 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

carabiner96 wrote:
clausti wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Skiing is still stoopid.

That tree in the pic from like three pages back was not fisheyed; trees naturally grow that way from tilted ground sometimes.

I wonder if biner is getting fat from all the tastycake sweets she has been making lately. We demand an up-to-date photo to determine this.

that is awl.

I don't really have a before picture. I feel too fat to put on a bikini now, does that count for anything?

why are you trying to gain weight, again?

For the winter. Between doing high output sports (skiing, skating, ice) and shivering a butt ton because I have no body fat, I always lose more weight than is good. So, I'm pre emptively gaining some weight to A) keep me warmer B) have shit to lose
Cloths weigh less than fat.

Being skinny is no excuse for getting cold. Learn to dress correctly and you won't get cold. Just get fat, and you will just be fat and cold.

snoopy138

Sep 30, 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #26594 of 26795 (3201 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
WTF is with awl the bugs and buzzing in teh thread?

I wish I had the powah to banz from single threadz.

of course dawg favors teh moderashunz approach.

I prefer teh solution where awl the donnies go Heaven's Gate themselves.

dr_feelgood

Sep 30, 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #26595 of 26795 (3199 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
clausti wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Skiing is still stoopid.

That tree in the pic from like three pages back was not fisheyed; trees naturally grow that way from tilted ground sometimes.

I wonder if biner is getting fat from all the tastycake sweets she has been making lately. We demand an up-to-date photo to determine this.

that is awl.

I don't really have a before picture. I feel too fat to put on a bikini now, does that count for anything?

For the winter. Between doing high output sports (skiing, skating, ice) and shivering a butt ton because I have no body fat, I always lose more weight than is good. So, I'm pre emptively gaining some weight to A) keep me warmer B) have shit to lose

Being skinny is no excuse for getting cold. Learn to dress correctly and you won't get cold. Just get fat, and you will just be fat and cold.

Fat, once it is cold, also takes longer to warm up.

chossmonkey

Sep 30, 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #26596 of 26795 (3194 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:

Honestly, I really cannot nail down why things went awry, but they did - I know when - and it's been a bitch to recover.

You will be missing out on the epic retelling of the Saga of Feelgood in the Land of Pittsburgh.
Speaking of which, I had my charges dropped in exchange for some community service.
how does that work?

You get arrested for helping someone and they make you do community service. You should be careful, they are probably just trying to set you up so they can arrest you agian for being helpful.

wanderlustmd

Oct 1, 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #26597 of 26795 (3181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:

+1

Ewe better have some days off at least once a week before then so we don't suck in the fase of the munkeys...

The other ice climbers near me prefer mid-week jaunts up. Tho I may be able to do that asswell, being a regular worker (M-F) I'd rather save mah thyme for important days, such as vakashunz and sleeping off bad hangovers.

I'm off on Columbus day. I want to hopefully climb that sunday/monday at cathedral. I want to get on Airation and barber wall at some point this season...

Like I said, I have every other Friday off. Fridays will be a great day to run laps in Grafton or visit crowded spots like Frankenstein.

wanderlustmd

Oct 1, 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #26598 of 26795 (3179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
clausti wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Skiing is still stoopid.

that is awl.

Chossy speaks the truth. How many plumpers do you see in the Himalayas?

(This post was edited by wanderlustmd on Oct 1, 2009, 12:34 AM)

chossmonkey

Oct 1, 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #26599 of 26795 (3167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:

+1

We will laugh and taunt!

dr_feelgood

Oct 1, 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #26600 of 26795 (3164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:

how does that work?

You get arrested for helping someone and they make you do community service. You should be careful, they are probably just trying to set you up so they can arrest you agian for being helpful.

It's a vicious cycle.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook