Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 Next page Last page  View All

tripperjm

Oct 2, 2009, 5:22 AM
Post #26676 of 26795 (3215 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

jt512 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
I checked again, like I do every morning before I walk out the door.

FUK!!!!!!!!

What the fuk is rong with those fuked up losers? Why the fuk can't they get there fuking shit together. It'z been well over a fuking month. Not sure how much more of this fuking shit I can handle. Well I guess, it'z going to be another day on teh slightly overhanging slabs. Still, I just kinda had this feeling...

Sure, I got to go back to several areas I hadn't been to in quite some time and a few that I haven't been to before. My torn bicep got some rest and I actually saw a few of my old friends. Still, I just couldn't shake the feeling.

Even though it'z an hour out of my way, even though I had just checked the FS home page before I walked out the door and it was going to make me late to the crag I had agreed to go to... I just had to check.

The fuking signs were still up... What the fuk is rong with those guys. The fire never got closer than 20 miles and, there was no acess to the fire location from this side of the forest. I was just about to call my partner to say I was going to be late. Figured I would just roll one up... and then head down the hill.

Shit!!!1 a fuking cop just pulled into the turnout. cept he didn't pullup next to me and he had a FS truck right behind him. They pulled past me and the ranger jumped out of the truck and took down the closed sign. huh??? I watched while he continued up the hill, stopping in each turnout removing the signs. I made a call, and followed them up the hill, untill they pulled into the turnout at teh WNSG and took down the signs there. And just like that the forest was open.

Still no mention of the forest opening on the FS website as of a couple of minutes ago, but the forest is open and the WNSG is back in effect.

I assume the rode is still closed up to teh old gnu? (what's left of it)

That road is still closed. Drove up there this afternoon. It's amazing how close the fire got to the homes up there. People's lawns burned, but the firefighters' saved the homes.

Jay

"Starting at 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 1, 2009, a new Station Fire Recovery Area Closure Order will be in effect. This will be posted to the USFS web site and posted throughout the Forest. The Station Fire Areas which sustained significant damage will remain closed with road closures in place by the Forest, CalTrans and LA County DWP. This modified closure... will in effect until at least September 2010."

dr_feelgood

Oct 2, 2009, 7:20 AM
Post #26677 of 26795 (3210 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
My entire left latissimus dorsi muscle is in total spasm right now.

I sit here being thrown around by a stoopid spasm. It doesn't hurt, just annoying as hell!

Flexoral here I come!
Don't take that crap, it will go away.

Someone has obviously never taken flexeril. Fun times.

sungam

Oct 2, 2009, 9:55 AM
Post #26678 of 26795 (3205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

tripperjm wrote:
the WNSG is back in effect.

Good to hear. It seemed a little ridiculous that it was closed in the first place, but I guess I don't know much about the exact situation.

Partner epoch

Oct 2, 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #26679 of 26795 (3205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

tripperjm wrote:

FUK!!!!!!!!

What the fuk is rong with those fuked up losers? Why the fuk can't they get there fuking shit together. It'z been well over a fuking month. Not sure how much more of this fuking shit I can handle. Well I guess, it'z going to be another day on teh slightly overhanging slabs. Still, I just kinda had this feeling...

Sure, I got to go back to several areas I hadn't been to in quite some time and a few that I haven't been to before. My torn bicep got some rest and I actually saw a few of my old friends. Still, I just couldn't shake the feeling.

Even though it'z an hour out of my way, even though I had just checked the FS home page before I walked out the door and it was going to make me late to the crag I had agreed to go to... I just had to check.

The fuking signs were still up... What the fuk is rong with those guys. The fire never got closer than 20 miles and, there was no acess to the fire location from this side of the forest. I was just about to call my partner to say I was going to be late. Figured I would just roll one up... and then head down the hill.

Shit!!!1 a fuking cop just pulled into the turnout. cept he didn't pullup next to me and he had a FS truck right behind him. They pulled past me and the ranger jumped out of the truck and took down the closed sign. huh??? I watched while he continued up the hill, stopping in each turnout removing the signs. I made a call, and followed them up the hill, untill they pulled into the turnout at teh WNSG and took down the signs there. And just like that the forest was open.

Still no mention of the forest opening on the FS website as of a couple of minutes ago, but the forest is open and the WNSG is back in effect.

That's awesome Jack.

Spectacularily awesome.

chossmonkey

Oct 2, 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #26680 of 26795 (3218 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
So the ridges around us have snow on them, i decided to take the pup for a hike to go see some snow.

Halfway up the ridge he freaks out, sprints a few large loops around me, then crashes at my feet, whining. I try to keep walking, he just runs in front of me and throws himself down again. Not really sure what's going on or what he's smelling, but I decide to turn back.

He has another freakout crossing a stream and darts beneath my legs. I slip and tumble into the FREEZING water, giving him a good solid kick on the way down. Now I've got a sore wrist, a wet ass, and a limping mutt.

Plus, on the way down we passed two ladies. Instead of wagging his tail and begging for scratches like he usually does with people, he sits (thank god!) and starts a low growl at them. Of course, one of the ladies snarls at me that she's afraid of dogs - as I'm straddling him, he's leashed, and my hand is on his collar - not that he's fighting me, he's just sitting, mellow save for the growl.

Not sure what's into him, but he's passed out now. Terrible two's stage?
Eat.
Moar.
Chicken.
Correct
That, and get rid of the dog.
That is no way to talk about WMD.

chossmonkey

Oct 2, 2009, 10:30 AM
Post #26681 of 26795 (3217 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

carabiner96 wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:

I sit here being thrown around by a stoopid spasm. It doesn't hurt, just annoying as hell!

Flexoral here I come!

Dood, it's a big muscle.

It was twitchy for about 30 minutes before I took teh medz.

are you loopy enough I can fuck with your brain?
I don't think that is what he would want you to fuck with.

chossmonkey

Oct 2, 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #26682 of 26795 (3216 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:

Flexoral here I come!

Dood, it's a big muscle.

It was twitchy for about 30 minutes before I took teh medz.

are you loopy enough I can fuck with your brain?
only if yor nekkid.
See!!!!

creepy....

chossmonkey

Oct 2, 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #26683 of 26795 (3215 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

tripperjm wrote:

FUK!!!!!!!!

I envision the scene in TBL where the dude tries throwing the J out the window and has to extinguish the fire with the beer.

chossmonkey

Oct 2, 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #26684 of 26795 (3214 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

one more day in the trenches then off to thr Red!

Hopefully I can duck oot early.

clausti

Oct 2, 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #26685 of 26795 (3212 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:

you may get a nasty CI infection later next week, just a heads up.

sungam

Oct 2, 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #26686 of 26795 (3211 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
I envision the scene in TBL where the dude tries throwing the J out the window and has to extinguish the fire with the beer.
Heh, now that would be ironing - if he started another fire that clised WNSG for the year.

granite_grrl

Oct 2, 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #26687 of 26795 (3207 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

clausti wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

huh

anyway, did Paul tell you that we have decided to stick with Miguel's? We figured that if we were going to be showing up at 2am we'd like to go some place we're familiar with.

clausti

Oct 2, 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #26688 of 26795 (3206 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:
clausti wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

huh

anyway, did Paul tell you that we have decided to stick with Miguel's? We figured that if we were going to be showing up at 2am we'd like to go some place we're familiar with.

we'll be at miguel's. the kangaroo is meeting us some time fri night, and lago linda's isn't terrifically easy to find even in the light when you're OK driving on the right side of the road.

granite_grrl

Oct 2, 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #26689 of 26795 (3205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

clausti wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
clausti wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

huh

we'll be at miguel's. the kangaroo is meeting us some time fri night, and lago linda's isn't terrifically easy to find even in the light when you're OK driving on the right side of the road.
If we find Thomas we can have a bad joke on our hands.

You hear about the one with the frenchman, an aussi, a canadian and three americans at the pizza shop?

clausti

Oct 2, 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #26690 of 26795 (3201 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:
clausti wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
clausti wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

huh

If we find Thomas we can have a bad joke on our hands.

You hear about the one with the frenchman, an aussi, a canadian and three americans at the pizza shop?

i have threatened to say "lets eat some frogs, eh, mate?" i weekend.

Partner epoch

Oct 2, 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #26691 of 26795 (3199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:
clausti wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

huh

This is going to be funny to watch happen.

Partner camhead

Oct 2, 2009, 2:26 PM
Post #26692 of 26795 (3184 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

OH Noez! Westerners are invading! As clausti mentioned, the luvable prankstah CI is driving his van across the upper midwest right now, and he will be arriving at the RRG sometime next week to cutz the ropes of the chossmarmots.

And, I just heard from curt, who has decided to fly out to the Gunks for Columbus Day weekend to climb with the clamheads and Lena_chita. Should be cool, since he was a local. Maybe he'll show us how to sneak into Skytop or something.

snoopy138

Oct 2, 2009, 2:32 PM
Post #26693 of 26795 (3183 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

FUK!!!!!!!!

ha! gud won.

snoopy138

Oct 2, 2009, 2:33 PM
Post #26694 of 26795 (3182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

clausti wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

those can be hard to shake. just ask lv_kel.

snoopy138

Oct 2, 2009, 2:38 PM
Post #26695 of 26795 (3179 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

camhead wrote:
OH Noez! Westerners are invading! As clausti mentioned, the luvable prankstah CI is driving his van across the upper midwest right now, and he will be arriving at the RRG sometime next week to cutz the ropes of the chossmarmots.

And, I just heard from curt, who has decided to fly out to the Gunks for Columbus Day weekend to climb with the clamheads and Lena_chita. Should be cool, since he was a local. Maybe he'll show us how to sneak into Skytop or something.

you know he's not going to let you leave yore drawz up awl over teh plase.

dr_feelgood

Oct 2, 2009, 6:50 PM
Post #26696 of 26795 (3154 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

fucking spanish homework.
*shutz self in fayce*

kachoong

Oct 2, 2009, 7:06 PM
Post #26697 of 26795 (3150 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
fucking spanish homework.
*shutz self in fayce*

You should write some eses! Tongue

granite_grrl

Oct 2, 2009, 7:21 PM
Post #26698 of 26795 (3145 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Back to the main event [In reply to]
Report this Post

Car is packed....almost. I still need to pack up the laptop. But I need something to entertain myself while I'm waiting for Nathan.

He's trying to leave an hour early, which will put us down in the Red at 1am instead of 2am if all goes well. So, in theory, we'll be on the road in an hour.

I hate this point in time...I always feel like I'm forgetting something.

Partner camhead

Oct 2, 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #26699 of 26795 (3141 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Car is packed....almost. I still need to pack up the laptop. But I need something to entertain myself while I'm waiting for Nathan.

He's trying to leave an hour early, which will put us down in the Red at 1am instead of 2am if all goes well. So, in theory, we'll be on the road in an hour.

tent? lighter? headlamps? rain gear?

We'll hopefully be leaving in the next couple hours as well. Supposed to be excellent weather, though you wouldn't know it by looking outside right now.

kachoong

Oct 2, 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #26700 of 26795 (3221 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:

Hope you guys have fun!! Enjoy the Red, climb lots and meet lots of new people! Say hi to Tristan for me! Smile He's a good bloke!

I'll be finally climbing next week too after a looooong break.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook