Premier Sponsor:

Lazlo

Dec 31, 2009, 6:59 PM
Post #1 of 17 (9858 views)
Shortcut

Whiskey and kahlua
Report this Post
Can't Post

What is this drink called? Just simply Whiskey and Kahlua. Google brings nothing.

I wanted a hint of sweetness for my whiskey the other night, so I added a bit of kahlua...just enough to change the color. Pretty tasty actually.

wjca

Dec 31, 2009, 7:07 PM
Post #2 of 17 (9853 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] Whiskey and kahlua [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
What is this drink called? Just simply Whiskey and Kahlua. Google brings nothing.

I wanted a hint of sweetness for my whiskey the other night, so I added a bit of kahlua...just enough to change the color. Pretty tasty actually.

The name of the drink you describe is called Blasphemy.

Lazlo

Dec 31, 2009, 8:07 PM
Post #3 of 17 (9842 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] Whiskey and kahlua [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

I assume that you are saying that it is blasphemy to mix the two?

Alpine07

Dec 31, 2009, 9:12 PM
Post #4 of 17 (9834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

You are exceptionally bright.

wjca

Dec 31, 2009, 9:16 PM
Post #5 of 17 (9830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

If you like Kahlua, here's an idea. Take the whiskey out, and to the Kahlua add Absolute Vanilla, a squeeze of Hershey's syrup, some half and half and a bit of Godiva Liqueur. Shake vigorously with ice, serve in a Martini glass and ask everyone at the party to call you Nancy. Happy New Year.

chadnsc

Dec 31, 2009, 9:18 PM
Post #6 of 17 (9828 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:

I'd say it would be called craptastic blasphemy.Tongue

bill413

Dec 31, 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #7 of 17 (9811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

Ah, the slings and arrows that pioneers have to withstand. The masses don't understand your genius.

Partner macherry

Dec 31, 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #8 of 17 (9807 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

If you like Kahlua, here's an idea. Take the whiskey out, and to the Kahlua add Absolute Vanilla, a squeeze of Hershey's syrup, some half and half and a bit of Godiva Liqueur. Shake vigorously with ice, serve in a Martini glass and ask everyone at the party to call you Nancy. Happy New Year.

hah

Lazlo

Jan 1, 2010, 5:45 PM
Post #9 of 17 (9779 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Whiskey and kahlua [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ha ha! Thanks guys for the comments...and for being kind enough to me, a non-connoisseur.

I will strive in the future to not mess with the nectar of the gods known as 'Whiskey'

clausti

Jan 1, 2010, 6:56 PM
Post #10 of 17 (9767 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Whiskey and kahlua [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

hah

even better- buy the kahlua eggnog ready to drink jug. drink iced. delicious!

even betterer- make a kahlua eggnog smoothie with the kahlua and ice.

Hennessey

Jan 3, 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #11 of 17 (9731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whiskey is meant to be dranken alone.
So take the Kahlua and fill a shot glass about 4/5 full and then slowly add Bailey's irish cream. Poured right the Bailey's will float over the Kahlua.
Tastes like liquid chocolate. I think its called a Baby Guinness

Gmburns2000

Jan 4, 2010, 5:15 PM
Post #12 of 17 (9699 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Ha ha! Thanks guys for the comments...and for being kind enough to me, a non-connoisseur.

I will strive in the future to not mess with the nectar of the gods known as 'Whiskey'

it is quite reasonable to drink any kind of whiskey with another product as long the whiskey is not single malt and made in Scotland. If it is single malt and made in Scotland then you committed a sin so grave that you should have your nuts chopped off instantly. However, if it was Irish, Canadian, or 'Merican (or even god forbid that stuff made in Japan) then adding other products might be neccessary to ward off the offending whiskey.

In an American bar, if you walk up to the bartender and ask for, say, a Macallan and coke, the bartender will serve it. In Scotland, you'll be lucky to land on your ass when you're tossed out the door. I know this because as a young American bartender in Edinburgh, on my first ever shift, I was serving a Canadian a Macallan and coke and damn near got fired for it. The Canadian got pissed at the manager for stopping me before I made it and said, "I'll take my money elsewhere." The bartender opened the door for him on the way out.

Partner j_ung

Jan 4, 2010, 9:39 PM
Post #13 of 17 (9678 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

Yeah, how you defile Kahlua like that. Angelic

wjca

Jan 4, 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #14 of 17 (9672 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Whiskey and kahlua [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

You're a cat person, aren't you?

Lazlo

Jan 7, 2010, 3:26 AM
Post #15 of 17 (9645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Whiskey and kahlua [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

it is quite reasonable to drink any kind of whiskey with another product as long the whiskey is not single malt and made in Scotland. If it is single malt and made in Scotland then you committed a sin so grave that you should have your nuts chopped off instantly. However, if it was Irish, Canadian, or 'Merican (or even god forbid that stuff made in Japan) then adding other products might be neccessary to ward off the offending whiskey.

In an American bar, if you walk up to the bartender and ask for, say, a Macallan and coke, the bartender will serve it. In Scotland, you'll be lucky to land on your ass when you're tossed out the door. I know this because as a young American bartender in Edinburgh, on my first ever shift, I was serving a Canadian a Macallan and coke and damn near got fired for it. The Canadian got pissed at the manager for stopping me before I made it and said, "I'll take my money elsewhere." The bartender opened the door for him on the way out.

Awesome story!

Gmburns2000

Jan 7, 2010, 2:15 PM
Post #16 of 17 (9629 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

Awesome story!

true to the final word, too.

Partner j_ung

Jan 7, 2010, 7:23 PM
Post #17 of 17 (9619 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
j_ung wrote:
wjca wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

You're a cat person, aren't you?

Oh gawd, no. I prefer bunny rabbits.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook