RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

swoopman21

Jun 4, 2001, 11:39 PM
Post #1 of 4 (3477 views)
Shortcut

Experienced climber wanted
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Fisrt where are you at? I live in maryland . If you are in maryland I will be more then good entho to help you out. I have been climbing for the past 14 years . I'm 21 know
E-mail me at frosk6696@hotmail.com

Joseph a.k.a SWOOP

fiend

Jun 4, 2001, 11:57 PM
Post #2 of 4 (3477 views)
Shortcut

Experienced climber wanted [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you actually live IN Joshua Tree? That'd be pretty cool. Sorry man I can't help you out (I'm from Ontario, Canada) but there are a lot of climbers passing through that area so I'm sure you'll find someone soon. Hehe, although I was in Josh in the summer and it was deserted. Maybe it was the 114º temps, I don't know.
-good luck, mark

badawg2002

Sep 12, 2001, 1:56 PM
Post #3 of 4 (3477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been climbing for four years and have done alot of climbing both indoors and outdoors. If you want to build your own anchors outdoors there are a few things you MUST remember. With both natural and pro based anchors you need to have two independant systems. This way if one fails/gets chewed on/breaks you have a back-up. If your using trees or boulders, make sure they dont move and are set into the ground so that they dont move. With boulders, make sure the rock is big enough that you cant get your arms around it if you hug it. Trees must be large and well set in the soil. Also, anchors must be far enough away from the top of the climb so they wont fall/tip/role ect. Using pro, you need to have multiple placements and use two independant systems like i said before. If you want to learn more, read How to Build Anchors by Long. Materials to use for anchors are lots and lots of webbing ( many different sizes ). Also, make sure hard point beaners and opposite and opposed and use two-three. If i were you i would work with someone experienced to see how they build there anchors. Also, try and build anchors on the ground and practice pro placements as to simulate the real thing. Good luck! I was also nervious when i started but i was able to build some nice anchors that myself and others climbed on. Good Luck!

elcapbuzz

Sep 12, 2001, 10:39 PM
Post #4 of 4 (3477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I can help you out. I've got a ton a freinds who live in your area and even more who grovel through the winter season. Anyway, the first name who comes to mind is Kathy Dicker. She rents a room out there and is usually there on the weekends. Send me a message here or email me at elcapbuzz@yahoo.com, Kathy has a clan of female partners and I'm sure she would be psyched for you to join in.

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook