Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Where to travel in June for international climbing trip?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

super_girl

Mar 4, 2010, 7:05 AM
Post #1 of 8 (620 views)
Shortcut

Where to travel in June for international climbing trip?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Getting married early June. We want to plan a 3 week honeymoon and would love to get some great climbing in (trad or sport). Where should we go? While we love climbing in the states, we are looking for an international destination. Thanks for your help!!!

J

guangzhou

Mar 4, 2010, 7:46 AM
Post #2 of 8 (612 views)
Shortcut

Re: [super_girl] Where to travel in June for international climbing trip? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My wife and I got married last June and did our Climbing Honeymoon in Colorado. Sort of International for us.

Youngshou would be Ok, a bit hot, in June. Getting there would be the main cost, once you arrive, food and hotet are cheap. The climbing is excellent.

Some nice climbing in France or Spain during June too. Switzerland is early, but might work too.

unrooted

Mar 4, 2010, 8:05 AM
Post #3 of 8 (605 views)
Shortcut

Re: [super_girl] Where to travel in June for international climbing trip? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If I had money I would choose the Basque Region of Spain, the food/wine is amazing and the climbing is the best in the world.

I hope you spend more on your honeymoon than your marriage ceremony. We were married by my wife's uncle in one of the meadows of El Cap, our families still gush about how wonderful the wedding was, besides the material for her homemade dress and my new shirt we only spent gas money going there and back (actually my mom paid that). Wish we could afford Spain then or now.

shimanilami

Mar 4, 2010, 8:29 AM
Post #4 of 8 (596 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Are you sure you want to spend your honeymoon climbing? With all due respect, you and your man need to get your priorities straight.

guangzhou

Mar 4, 2010, 8:34 AM
Post #5 of 8 (594 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Where to travel in June for international climbing trip? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
Are you sure you want to spend your honeymoon climbing? With all due respect, you and your man need to get your priorities straight.

Sounds like they already have them straight to me.

blueeyedclimber

Mar 4, 2010, 2:31 PM
Post #6 of 8 (556 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Where to travel in June for international climbing trip? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:

Climbing by day, marital affairs by night. What's so hard to understand 'bout that? It's what WE did.

BTW, wonderwoman and I got married in June and spent the end of June/early July in Thailand. It may be off season, but we LOVED it.

Josh

i_h8_choss

Mar 4, 2010, 5:45 PM
Post #7 of 8 (527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

super_girl wrote:
Getting married early June. We want to plan a 3 week honeymoon and would love to get some great climbing in (trad or sport). Where should we go? While we love climbing in the states, we are looking for an international destination. Thanks for your help!!!

J

Spain. Romantic, fine food and wine. Hot weather, swimming, culture, etc.

dingus

Mar 4, 2010, 5:52 PM
Post #8 of 8 (520 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

super_girl wrote:

J

http://www.summitpost.org/...untana-mallorca.html

http://www.summitpost.org/...imbing-mallorca.html

http://www.summitpost.org/...-climbing-spots.html

June may be too hot. Best ask someone who's been, but I think euro holiday season typically starts in July, so it might still be good.

If too hot, go to Dolomites in Italy!

DMT

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook