Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Partner cracklover

Apr 5, 2010, 8:55 PM
Post #76 of 220 (4711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Adk] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Adk wrote:
I thought Mad Rock moved their facility?
..just say....WRONG!!!!!Cool

I could have swore though. LOL!

Uhhh... I still think you're unclear of the situation. Maybe you should review the earlier threads? MR is now operating out of Vietnam (IIRC - I know it's southeast Asia), while ClimbX is in their old facilities in China.

GO

Adk

Apr 5, 2010, 9:22 PM
Post #77 of 220 (4693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That is right. Climb X is producing in the OLD-NEW factory and Mad rock has moved to Vietnam to their NEW factory.

So maybe Mad Rock is using the same materials then....Crazy

Adk

Apr 5, 2010, 9:25 PM
Post #78 of 220 (4690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Either way. Some of hte products are the exact same as of now with different names. The question for some is who has the rights to them.

I could care less. Gimme good cheap products cuz the economy is terrible.Laugh

xaniel2000

Apr 5, 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #79 of 220 (4672 views)
Shortcut

Re: [areyoumydude] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I am concerned about the athletes on Team Mad Rock that may suffer from the impact Climb X could potentially have on Mad Rock's sales and/or legal costs (probably both), which may result in a reduced operations budget for Mad Rock's sponsorship programs.

I wonder if Joe Garland considered the well-being of these promising athletes before he proceeded with this transparent sham of an enterprise.

Adk

Apr 5, 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #80 of 220 (4674 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xaniel2000] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

xaniel2000 wrote:
I am concerned about the athletes on Team Mad Rock that may suffer from the impact Climb X could potentially have on Mad Rock's sales and/or legal costs (probably both), which may result in a reduced operations budget for Mad Rock's sponsorship programs.

I wonder if Joe Garland considered the well-being of these promising athletes before he proceeded with this transparent sham of an enterprise.

I'm interested in the athletes that Climb X decides to bring on board.Wink

jt512

Apr 5, 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #81 of 220 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

xaniel2000 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was the first thing on his mind.

Jay

johnwesely

Apr 5, 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #82 of 220 (4642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

xaniel2000 wrote:

I know that I have been praying for them every night before I go to bed.

climbingtrash

Apr 6, 2010, 2:00 AM
Post #83 of 220 (4619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
xaniel2000 wrote:

+1 Cool

sidepull

Apr 6, 2010, 2:00 AM
Post #84 of 220 (4619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
xaniel2000 wrote:

Thou art a saint Angelic

xaniel2000

Apr 6, 2010, 2:25 AM
Post #85 of 220 (4605 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I should've anticipated the 'Net nerd responses before making an earnest post, but I couldn't help it. I just returned from The Red where I happened to come across a few Mad Rock athletes projecting some hard routes in The Sanctuary. They were friendly and obviously stoked on climbing, so when I saw this thread I immediately thought of those guys. I don't really follow industry gossip, but watching those guys climb got me psyched to climb, and in the end that matters most to me.

USnavy

Apr 6, 2010, 3:36 AM
Post #86 of 220 (4583 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

xaniel2000 wrote:

Don’t worry, the lawsuit that Mad Rock wins against Climb X will help compensate for any losses. However something tells me that money is more likely to go towards a new Ferrari then the sponsors. Crazy

(This post was edited by USnavy on Apr 6, 2010, 3:37 AM)

areyoumydude

Apr 6, 2010, 6:02 AM
Post #87 of 220 (4550 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
xaniel2000 wrote:

Don’t worry, the lawsuit that Mad Rock wins against Climb X will help compensate for any losses. However something tells me that money is more likely to go towards a new Ferrari then the sponsors. Crazy

Something tells me you like to post just to post.

airscape

Apr 6, 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #88 of 220 (4527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They do not have the shoes with the Skulls...

ClimbX rocks like mad!

climbingtrash

Apr 6, 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #89 of 220 (4521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

areyoumydude wrote:
USnavy wrote:
xaniel2000 wrote:

Something tells me you like to post just to post.

PJTPFTW!!11

blueeyedclimber

Apr 6, 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #90 of 220 (4510 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
In reply to:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
Adk wrote:
edge wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
So, climb x is copying mad rock's copies and selling them for 10 bucks less. What an outrage.

They're still not worth it.Cool
+1

A copy of a copy is not an inferior product.
"I used better ink than the copy so mine physical print will last longer if exposed to the elements"

The design may be stolen but the materials could be of better quality making them a better shoe even though they were cheaper to manufacture or maybe it's that Climb X isn't marking them up so much as Mad Rock.Unsure

My point wasn't that the copy was inferior, it was that the original was inferior. They are a cheaper shoe, well, because they are a CHEAPER shoe.

Do you have any hard data to back that up, or is that just your impression?

Jay

A post merely asking for evidence gets one star. Only on rockclimbing.com

Jay

Evidence that they are a cheaper shoe? The pricetag. Now, as for my implication that they are a CRAPPY shoe? That is merely my opinion, but an opinion based on trying two of their models, the Mugen and the Flash. They did not perform nearly as well as other shoes I have tried. Compared to La Sportiva, which I wear pretty much exclusively now, they fell FAR short. The Flash is a nice beginner shoe, but not much more.

As for the one star, it seems you are attracting a lot of those Laugh And before you ask, NO, it wasn't me.

Josh

kachoong

Apr 6, 2010, 1:03 PM
Post #91 of 220 (4495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All this is a plan to boost sales. Mad Rock pretends to be Climb X who's pretending to be Mad Rock who pretends to have great gear. Sales of both fund the same parent owners as they plead for your loyalty and stop the bipartisan fleet from sinking.

airscape

Apr 6, 2010, 1:18 PM
Post #92 of 220 (4482 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DO you think climbX crashpads will turn into a Couch too?

Partner gamehendge

Apr 6, 2010, 2:44 PM
Post #93 of 220 (4456 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
All this is a plan to boost sales. Mad Rock pretends to be Climb X who's pretending to be Mad Rock who pretends to have great gear. Sales of both fund the same parent owners as they plead for your loyalty and stop the bipartisan fleet from sinking.
Climb X products are an imitation made with the intention to deceive the consumer into believing it to be genuine Mad Rock products. Mad Rock and its parent company Nelson Sports Inc. has no affiliation with Climb X or its products, which violates numerous patent and copyright laws.

-according to official Mad Rock press release.

shockabuku

Apr 6, 2010, 2:58 PM
Post #94 of 220 (4444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

xaniel2000 wrote:
I should've anticipated the 'Net nerd responses before making an earnest post, but I couldn't help it. I just returned from The Red where I happened to come across a few Mad Rock athletes projecting some hard routes in The Sanctuary. They were friendly and obviously stoked on climbing, so when I saw this thread I immediately thought of those guys. I don't really follow industry gossip, but watching those guys climb got me psyched to climb, and in the end that matters most to me.

I bet those people can still chose to climb regardless of what happens.

shockabuku

Apr 6, 2010, 2:58 PM
Post #95 of 220 (4442 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
xaniel2000 wrote:

Than.

moose_droppings

Apr 6, 2010, 4:16 PM
Post #96 of 220 (4406 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
Than.

Then it's all about that than again rather than being about what was then?.

billcoe_

Apr 6, 2010, 4:16 PM
Post #97 of 220 (4405 views)
Shortcut

ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Regardless of what all the internet pundits are saying, Joe Garland and ClimbX will be around for a long time. We should welcome both the competition and the experience Joe and his group are bringing. Let Young dude worry about his business and where Mad Rock is going. The competition will sharpen them up too. Joe saw his chance and was able to seamlessly move into an ownership role with the highest margin product made by an already experienced team of low cost, shoe making pros.

He shoots! He SCORES!! WE WIN!!

jt512

Apr 6, 2010, 5:57 PM
Post #98 of 220 (4368 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] ClimbX [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
jt512 wrote:
In reply to:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
Adk wrote:
edge wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
So, climb x is copying mad rock's copies and selling them for 10 bucks less. What an outrage.

They're still not worth it.Cool
+1

A copy of a copy is not an inferior product.
"I used better ink than the copy so mine physical print will last longer if exposed to the elements"

The design may be stolen but the materials could be of better quality making them a better shoe even though they were cheaper to manufacture or maybe it's that Climb X isn't marking them up so much as Mad Rock.Unsure

My point wasn't that the copy was inferior, it was that the original was inferior. They are a cheaper shoe, well, because they are a CHEAPER shoe.

Do you have any hard data to back that up, or is that just your impression?

Jay

A post merely asking for evidence gets one star. Only on rockclimbing.com

Jay

Evidence that they are a cheaper shoe? The pricetag.

That was an intelligent comment. You seem to be having trouble understanding your own statement.

In reply to:
Now, as for my implication that they are a CRAPPY shoe? That is merely my opinion, but an opinion based on trying two of their models, the Mugen and the Flash. They did not perform nearly as well as other shoes I have tried. Compared to La Sportiva, which I wear pretty much exclusively now, they fell FAR short.

Not exactly specific, but anyway, the reason behind my question (which, as usual, I have to explain to you), is that climbing shoes in the US are overpriced, either because of imperfect competition or, less likely, actual price fixing. To see this, compare prices for the exact same shoes in Europe. Thus the fact that Mad Rocks have a lower retail price than their competitors (in the US) does not imply that the shoes are lower in quality; they may just not be going along with the price structure in the market.

In reply to:
As for the one star, it seems you are attracting a lot of those....

What? Blueyedclimber missed the point of a comment? Stop the presses!

Jay

(This post was edited by jt512 on Apr 6, 2010, 5:57 PM)

k.l.k

Apr 6, 2010, 6:12 PM
Post #99 of 220 (4353 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
. . . climbing shoes in the US are overpriced, either because of imperfect competition or, less likely, actual price fixing.

Well, I didn't see much evidence of that when I visited outdoor retailers in Europe last year. I guess I'll find out average price ranges once I'm back, this summer.

The climbing shoe market in the US is already insanely crowded. The profit margins aren't like the ones on most clothing, including most technical clothing.

The strong-arm tactics generally involve forcing stores to buy an entire line (rather than the single model they want) or forcing them to NOT buy a competitor's product or even muscling display.

(This post was edited by k.l.k on Apr 6, 2010, 6:12 PM)

blueeyedclimber

Apr 6, 2010, 6:45 PM
Post #100 of 220 (4566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:

That was an intelligent comment. You seem to be having trouble understanding your own statement.

I don't think so but whatever.

In reply to:
Not exactly specific, but anyway, the reason behind my question (which, as usual, I have to explain to you), is that climbing shoes in the US are overpriced, either because of imperfect competition or, less likely, actual price fixing. To see this, compare prices for the exact same shoes in Europe. Thus the fact that Mad Rocks have a lower retail price than their competitors (in the US) does not imply that the shoes are lower in quality; they may just not be going along with the price structure in the market.

That's fair. I don't know very much about the business end of it, so I'll take your word for it. According to my comment, I was indeed implying that. If that's not the case, then I retract how I worded it, but not the fact that it is a crappy shoe.

In reply to:

What? Blueyedclimber missed the point of a comment? Stop the presses!

Jay

Actually, I knew exactly what you were saying, but I find it amusing that people feel the need to give you one star no matter what you post, based solely on the fact that you are an asswipeTongue What?! Jay's an ASSWIPE? STOP.THE.PRESSES!!!!

(This post was edited by blueeyedclimber on Apr 6, 2010, 6:47 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook