Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

edge

May 20, 2010, 6:14 PM
Post #26 of 56 (9690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lotze] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

If it is written in blue, it must be true...

lotze

May 20, 2010, 6:19 PM
Post #27 of 56 (9686 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  

The "The Kellogg Controversy"

A Ukrainian and Kazakhstan perspective.

http://alpinenotes.blogspot.com/...rsy-controversy.html

"the Kazakh and Ukrainian dudes at my local climbing gym who wanted to rip my head off when I showed up yesterday for even suggesting that Kellogg was anything but a "crazy American lying dog," all of these attacks have been clocked in complete anonymity. Wow! I feel like I stumbled into a room filled with a bunch of feuding fanatics and now want nothing more than to gingerly back up and shut the door--except I can't because they're all glaring at me with their rabid eyes."

"On the other side you've got the Eastern Europeans at my gym (and all of their cohorts on their various online discussion groups) who told me they thought all of Kellogg's climbs...was faked."

(This post was edited by lotze on May 20, 2010, 7:43 PM)

roy_hinkley_jr

May 20, 2010, 6:23 PM
Post #28 of 56 (9676 views)
Shortcut

Re: [summerprophet] Lying About Accomplishments, Chad Kellogg? [In reply to]
Report this Post

Ain't got no dog in this fight. But it is worth pointing out that Chad admits to doping for his Everest attempt. And he pretends that he's making a "solo ascent" with hundreds of people around and while using trails of other teams. If he really cared about style instead of publicity, he'd attempt to repeat the only known solo ascent and leave the drugs at home.

lotze

May 20, 2010, 6:24 PM
Post #29 of 56 (9675 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In 2009 The Adventure Blog editor, Kraig Becker, comments on Chad Kellogg

Criticizes his legitimacy, honor, honesty, integrity.

http://img337.imageshack.us/...ainierrecord1da3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/...ainierrecord2zn8.jpg

"Kellogg's "record" has been called into question for some time, thanks to the lack of photographic evidence, lack of witnesses other than friends who were used to cover the timing and questionable entries into the log books. A number of other climbers have expressed concerns over the legitimacy of Kellogg's claims."

"In fact, Dan Howitt, the official record holder on Rainer, has extended a challenge to Kellogg every year since 2003 to recreate his record speed climb, using official timers. Last I heard, the offer was up to $5000 cash for Kellogg to make another go on Rainier, although each year he simply ignores the offers. He doesn't even bother to respond to decline the offer, even when it's made in a gesture for charity. In this latest article, Kellogg is quoted as saying he now has motivation to go for the record again. I guess the whispers about the legitimacy of his first record and the offers of money to recreate it were not enough motivation. He needed a new "unofficial" record to get the fire back in his belly. "

summerprophet

May 20, 2010, 6:30 PM
Post #30 of 56 (9668 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

FORUM RULES
What is over the top? .....starting threads specifically to attack others (we regard this as harassment)

Judging by a brief internet search, it appears that lotze is just copying and pasting from any number of the online forums he/she has allready posted to.

While I cannot confirm that the posters are the same person, it does appear that the subject matter is identical, as is the method of responding to their own posts, either saying how great Dan is or how fake Chad is.

Unless lotze actually responds to statements or questions, this copy/paste bullshit is no different than the typical posters telling us to buy nike shoes at great discounts, or watch them on webcam.

Partner j_ung

May 20, 2010, 6:41 PM
Post #31 of 56 (9653 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rudmin] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

Rudmin wrote:
Who exactly are you Lotze? It seems clear you have some personal stake in the matter. Anonymity doesn't help your claims.

CI outed him. Lotze is Dan Howitt.

Take the hint, Dan. Seek therapy.

(This post was edited by j_ung on May 20, 2010, 6:43 PM)

blueeyedclimber

May 20, 2010, 6:42 PM
Post #32 of 56 (9650 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I have 2 questions:

1. Who's Chad Kellog?

2. Why are you writing in blue?

Josh

edge

May 20, 2010, 6:46 PM
Post #33 of 56 (9643 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

j_ung wrote:
Rudmin wrote:
Who exactly are you Lotze? It seems clear you have some personal stake in the matter. Anonymity doesn't help your claims.

CI outed him. Lotze is Dan Howitt.

And holding a long-running vendetta. How terribly petty, considering that he is the only person who seems to care.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ad%20kellogg;#959533

In reply to:
Take the hint, Dan. Seek therapy.

Seriously.

Gmburns2000

May 20, 2010, 6:52 PM
Post #34 of 56 (9635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Raise a family.

really, gumburns? you're advocating that this guy procreate? He'll do a lot less damage if he just sticks to posting stupid shit on the internet.

hmmm...you're right. I didn't think that far out. I was just trying to get him to retire from the whole personal attack business, but maybe it's better this way.

summerprophet

May 20, 2010, 6:53 PM
Post #35 of 56 (9634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

lotze wrote:
In 2009 The Adventure Blog editor, Kraig Becker, comments on Chad Kellogg

Criticizes his legitimacy, honor, honesty, integrity.

http://img337.imageshack.us/...ainierrecord1da3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/...ainierrecord2zn8.jpg

It appears lotze has taken this to a new level BY CREATING FALSE REFERENCES

The above links are NOT to adventureblog.com, they are links to images easilly created by anyone, designed to give the appearance of being a website.

From the ACTUAL WEBSITE:
adventureblog.com wrote:
Note: To all the Chad Kellogg bashers out there, I don't want to hear any comments or e-mails regarding his claims at speed records. The story has been beat to death, and I don't want any part of it. Any comments will be deleted. Please move along to a different blog/forum.
http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com/search?q=chad+kellogg

FROM ANOTHER QUOTED SITE
alpinenotes.blogspot.com wrote:
It seems like a group in the Pacific Northwest believe this entire controversy is the work of one man, a Dan-something-or-other(apparently the ascent this Dan guy is hung up on--their beef was with mountains and ascents on their home turf).
1.) the most convincing proof that Kellogg is an honest climber is, to me, that none of his friends and cohorts have come forward with suspicions and
2.) these sorts of anonymous web-bashings which Kellogg has fallen prey to could probably be avoided by over-documenting climbs ala House or Steck. It was, however, through and through an argument for Kellogg's integrity in the face of these largely unsubstantiated attacks.

(This post was edited by summerprophet on May 20, 2010, 7:33 PM)

mojomonkey

May 20, 2010, 9:18 PM
Post #36 of 56 (9576 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I don't know you or Chad, but have seen this pop up multiple times under different posters that are clearly the same person. Who else would be invested enough for this stuff?

As an outsider, I'll tell you this: result isn't what you'd hope for. The spam feel to it just makes me think you are a little off. The impact of any statement you might make is lost under the mountain of text and repetition. I'm sick of it before I could manage to care.

bill413

May 21, 2010, 1:16 PM
Post #37 of 56 (9465 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

Has anyone considered that lotze is actually Kellogg? These attacks could be a way to draw attention to Kellogg's accomplishments.

Tongue

(This post was edited by bill413 on May 21, 2010, 1:17 PM)

dingus

May 21, 2010, 1:28 PM
Post #38 of 56 (9453 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bill413] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

Its Beyonce channeling Conway Twitty.

DMT

dynosore

May 21, 2010, 1:29 PM
Post #39 of 56 (9452 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Bitterness destroys the soul dude. Find something meaningful to do with your life.....Chad may or may not be a liar, I don't know or care. But a couple things are clear:

no one here cares either way

your obsession with him is beyond unhealthy

Partner robdotcalm

May 21, 2010, 3:32 PM
Post #40 of 56 (9413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (7 ratings)  

I have had a long interest in speed climbing and have established many significant records but have never been given the recognition I deserve. Compared to me, this Chad Kellogg guy seems like a complete amateur. He has to get on big mountains to achieve his times. A real speed climber seeking to achieve records doesn’t need anything more than a small cliff.

My interest in speed climbing started in 1983 at Vedauwoo, when Curt Vogel and I spent two days, six hours, 17 minutes and 4 seconds completing Elevator, a 49.6-foot, 5.9 crack. This amazing record still stands. Candor, however, requires the mention of two facts, which detract from our overall accomplishment: we pulled the rope through reach night and the route is underrated.

Recently, recovering from some injuries, I climbed Queen Anne’s Head, a three pitch 5.5 outside of Boulder (out of modesty my partner requests that her name not be mentioned). Our lack of conditioning showed as we completed the climb in 39 minutes and 4 seconds. However, at the bottom of the rappel I discovered that the rope didn’t reach the ground (maybe a bit of rule breaking here, as I still use a 40 meter rope, which really helps in setting record times). The ensuing 80-foot prussik allowed us to achieve a respectable overall time, and proved we had not lost all our skills during our enforced layoff.

Of course, Yosemite is the place to really compete and on what better climb than Nutcracker on Manure Pile Buttress. In 2005, Becky Woodworth and I took 26 hours, 3 minutes and 18 seconds on the route. But, this is the big leagues, and that record was broken a year later. I still look forward to returning Yosemite and trying my hand once again on this. What about the impatient parties waiting below to get on the route? Well, this technique takes care of that. We start up by dawn, but before taking off we bury about 50 pieces of bacon near the base. This attracts enough bears to keep other parties away from the base who would be insisting that we move faster. The recent reports of bears collecting around Manure Pile Buttress probably means that other speed climbers have discovered this trick.

I’m sure many of you would like to read more about many of my other speed climbing successes, but this response has already taken too much time to write, and so I must deny you that pleasure. It’s been two days now, and my wife insists I leave my study, have something to eat and get some rest.

Larghetto,

RobertoPunctoPacifico

Arrogant_Bastard

May 21, 2010, 7:10 PM
Post #41 of 56 (9364 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robdotcalm] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

Since the start of this thread I have flown to Nepal, Climbed Everest, banged Lotze's ex (in record time), and made it back to the U.S. I'll be notifying Guinness. The beer company.

lotze

May 22, 2010, 5:01 AM
Post #42 of 56 (9308 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Days Before Everest Attempt, Proven Lack of Integrity, again

http://mountaineeringfrauds.wordpress.com/...ore-everest-attempt/

Today’s article by Outdoor Research, sponsor for Chad Kellogg.

1st paragraph.
http://www.outdoorresearchverticulture.com/...crowds-delay-ascent/

The article provides Chad’s recent dispatch from Mt. Everest. Exposes he has apparently lied to the media and sponsors about planning to do an Everest speed climb “without the aid of oxygen or Sherpas.”

Chad states, in the 1st paragraph:

“Jamie with Hanes Brand is letting me use their tent at Camp 3. I am hiring a Sherpa to melt water for me at Camp 3. In addition, the Patagonia Brothers have a backup Sherpa at Camp 4 that can melt some water for me at the South Col.”

Chad is hiring/paying a Sherpa for support at Camp 3. Chad is also using support from Jamie Clarke at Camp 3. Chad is also using support at Camp 4 from the Sherpa hired by the the Patagonia Brothers (Willie and Damian Benegas).

Outdoor Research’s statement about Chad two months ago; quoted at this homepage. He is quoted as stating his climb will be “without the aid of oxygen or Sherpas”:

http://www.outdoorresearchverticulture.com/
Photocopy of article:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2mffyhh.jpg

“Chad Kellogg is taking on an incredible journey. He’s going to the Himalaya with the goal to set a new speed record ascent/descent of colossal, 29,029-foot Mt. Everest, from base camp to summit and back to base camp. And he plans to set that record without the aid of oxygen or Sherpas.

Outside Magazine’s article a few days ago, May 17, 2010. There he is quoted as stating “I don’t have any support, I don’t have Sherpas.”
http://outside-blog.away.com/...st-chad-kellogg.html
Reporter: “How fast and light are you going?
Chad: “I don’t have any support, I don’t have Sherpas. I don’t have porters above base camp, so I’m carrying all my gear and establishing my camps on my own under my own power. I’m asking for volunteers, which is starkly different from a lot of the other speed ascents done by the Sherpas with oxygen. I’m trying to do it in the purest way possible.”

With Chad paying a Sherpa money for support at Camp 3, his speed climb is not “without the aid of Sherpas”. With Chad using the hired Sherpa’s of the Benegas brothers at Camp 4, his speed climb is not “without the aid of Sherpas”. With Chad using Jamie Clarke’s tent at Camp 3, his speed climb is not unsupported.

(This post was edited by lotze on May 22, 2010, 5:25 AM)

wallwombat

May 22, 2010, 5:19 AM
Post #43 of 56 (9295 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  

marc801

May 22, 2010, 5:42 AM
Post #44 of 56 (9281 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wallwombat] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

It's simply amazing - no matter how disparaging or insulting, absolutely nothing dissuades this lotze character or sends him off message.

I think he's a robot.

Claypool

May 22, 2010, 6:36 AM
Post #45 of 56 (9267 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Have you obsessively followed the career of a rival, anonymously posted the same random snips of text, and then ignored people who reveal who you are?

Have you spammed the internet with nonsense?

Have you created a shoddy website to allow you to archive the depths of your insanity?

I research stalkers in all walks of life. Many from the past. Not many in recent time. At least, not fully known. I've been saddened by a recent case.

Dan Howitt went to New York in October 1980 planning to kill Lennon. He left the city for a short while in order to obtain ammunition from his unwitting friend Dana Reeves in Atlanta. He returned to New York in November but, after going to the cinema and being inspired by the film Ordinary People, he returned to Hawaii, telling his wife he had been obsessed with killing Lennon but had snapped out of it. He made an appointment to see a clinical psychologist but instead, on December 6, flew back to New York. He offered cocaine to a taxi driver. He reports having re-enacted scenes from The Catcher in the Rye.

On the morning of December 8, 1980, he departed from the Sheraton Hotel, leaving personal items in his hotel room for police to find. Dan Howitt bought a copy of The Catcher in the Rye from a New York book store, in which he wrote "This is my statement" and signed it "Holden Caulfield", who is the protagonist of the novel. He then spent most of the day near the entrance to The Dakota apartment building where Lennon and Yoko Ono lived, talking to other fans and the doorman. At one point, a distracted Dan Howitt missed seeing Lennon step out of a cab and enter the Dakota building on the morning of December 8. Late in the morning, Dan Howitt met Lennon's housekeeper, who had just taken their five-year-old son Sean for a walk. Dan Howitt conversed with the housekeeper.

Around 5:00 p.m., Lennon and Ono left The Dakota for a recording session at Record Plant Studios. As they walked towards their limousine on the curb, Dan Howitt shook hands with Lennon and held out a copy of Lennon's new album, Double Fantasy, for him to sign. Photographer Paul Goresh was present when Lennon signed Dan Howitt's album and took a photo of the event. Dan Howitt reported that, "At that point my big part won and I wanted to go back to my hotel, but I couldn't. I waited until he came back. He knew where the ducks went in winter, and I needed to know this" (a reference to The Catcher in the Rye because it is what Holden wonders in almost all the story).

Around 10:49 p.m., the Lennons' limousine returned to the Dakota. Lennon and Ono passed by Dan Howitt and walked toward the archway entrance of the building's courtyard. From the street, Dan Howitt turned and fired five hollow point bullets from a Charter Arms .38 Special revolver that he had purchased in Hawaii, four of which hit Lennon's back and shoulder. One of the bullets pierced Lennon's aorta, causing very severe blood loss by aortic dissection. There was an isolated newspaper claim at the time that, before firing, Dan Howitt called out "Mr. Lennon" and dropped into a "combat stance," though Dan Howitt disputes this assertion.

Dan Howitt remained at the scene, took out his copy of The Catcher in the Rye and read it until the police arrived. The New York City Police Department officers who first responded to the shooting recognized that Lennon's wounds were severe, and so they decided to transport him in their police car to Roosevelt Hospital. Dan Howitt was arrested without incident. In his statement to police three hours later, Dan Howitt stated, "I’m sure the large part of me is Holden Caulfield, who is the main person in the book. The small part of me must be the Devil."

Lennon was pronounced dead at 11:07 p.m. at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.

EvilMonkey

May 22, 2010, 6:49 PM
Post #46 of 56 (9232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roy_hinkley_jr] Lying About Accomplishments, Chad Kellogg? [In reply to]
Report this Post

roy_hinkley_jr wrote:
Ain't got no dog in this fight. But it is worth pointing out that Chad admits to doping for his Everest attempt. And he pretends that he's making a "solo ascent" with hundreds of people around and while using trails of other teams. If he really cared about style instead of publicity, he'd attempt to repeat the only known solo ascent and leave the drugs at home.
on the other hand, ethics in climbing vary greatly. they always have and always will. the most important factor, and one that should remain constant is honesty in ethics. however you choose to do it, say it that way. if you choose to dope, admit to it. if you french-freed a crux, don't claim you freed it. if you borrowed a photo from high up on Lhotse, you'd better not try to pass it off as your own, as tomo did. basically, do it as you see fit, but don't lie about how, or if, you did it, because someone will eventually out you as the lying cheat that you are.

lotze

May 22, 2010, 7:51 PM
Post #47 of 56 (9219 views)
Shortcut

NOT SOLO, proven lack of integrity [In reply to]
Report this Post

Proven Chad Kellogg's Everest attempt, happening today, is NOT SOLO, contrary to what he has been stating for months.

http://mountaineeringfrauds.wordpress.com/...tegrityless-conduct/

In a May 17 interview with Outside Magazine, Chad abruptly changed his plan 5 days before his attempt, and will be doing 1/2 of the climb with a climbing partner.

http://outside-blog.away.com/...st-chad-kellogg.html
Stephanie: “Are you afraid of anything?”
Chad: “As a tentative solution I’ll have a buddy descend with me so I don’t do anything stupid.”

As revealed with Chad's own interview statements, cited and quoted in links,
(1) Chad's Everest attempt is no longer unsupported, nor, without the aid of Sherpa.
(2) No longer solo.

A major change from months of dozens of press releases world wide with his professed commitments to do a Solo, Unsupported, Without Sherpa Assistance, speed climb.

His climb is now
NOT SOLO
SUPPORTED
SHERPA AIDED with 2 hired Sherpa.

(This post was edited by lotze on May 23, 2010, 3:28 AM)

bill413

May 24, 2010, 1:00 AM
Post #48 of 56 (9141 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] Lying About Accomplishments [In reply to]
Report this Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Since the start of this thread I have flown to Nepal, Climbed Everest, banged Lotze's ex (in record time), and made it back to the U.S. I'll be notifying Guinness. The beer company.

Excited, huh? Laugh

ilikepargo

May 24, 2010, 6:44 AM
Post #49 of 56 (9105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  

lotze wrote:
The "The Kellogg Controversy"
There is no "Kelloggs Controversy."

Brown Sugar & Cinnamon pwns ALL!!!

hugepedro

May 24, 2010, 7:33 AM
Post #50 of 56 (9093 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

lotze wrote:
Fact. Most of these "summit climbs" are not complete climbs of the mountain.
Most are 1/2 climbs of the mountain.
Starting from a high camp around 10,000 feet. For example, Camp Muir.
Not basecamp around 5400' at Paradise for example.

A climb of Mt. Rainier means climbing the whole mountain.
Not 1/2 of it.

Says who? Paradise to Muir is the approach hike. If someone climbs from Muir to Columbia Crest multiple times I say they all count. And I'm the holder of the speed record for a sit start from sea level, so what I say goes. I would have been even faster too, but some honey in the bar where I got my sit start was making eyes at me.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook