Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
climbing community in kenora
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

skotowich

May 26, 2010, 5:13 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1264 views)
Shortcut

climbing community in kenora  (North_America: Canada: Ontario: North_Western_Ontario)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey! I currently live in Phoenix Arizona but I have lived in Lake of the Woods my whole life and am returning there this summer. I have only been climbing for about two years so I have never tried any of the climbing around Kenora but I want to do so this summer.
I will be there by June 16th and I dont leave until the auguest long weekend. I am the only person in my family that likes climbing and I therefore need a climbing parter.
So, I am looking for a climbing partner/guide/belayer for the Kenora area. I have been reading up on the Jones road area and the Roadside cliff area as well as some climbing in Whiteshell by Caddy Lake. I live in Clearwater bay so I'm pretty central to those areas.
As far as climbing goes, I am predominantly a boulderer. I boulder V6 at the moment but there seems to be a shortage of bouldering in Ontario. Im sport climbing about 5.11 and i'm totally cool with rope climbing for the summer. I have led a 5.12b but that was a project.
I would really appreciate some help in this area, or at the very least, some advice on how to get in touch with the local climbing community? I have all my own gear and a rope, etc.
Thank-you!

ashdeg188

Jul 10, 2010, 4:00 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1188 views)
Shortcut

Re: [skotowich] climbing community in kenora [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey,

I haven't climbed around Kenora too much but a good website is the Manitoba Alpine site, they have a guide for the area.

http://www.alpine-club.mb.ca/ClimbingGuide/climbingguide.htm

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook