RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

kevinnlauren

Jun 4, 2010, 1:26 PM
Post #1 of 4 (673 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by kevinnlauren
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

cush

Jun 4, 2010, 3:02 PM
Post #2 of 4 (610 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kevinnlauren] DWS Summersville might in fact NOT be banned.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i've always kind of wondered about that. i've never been down to the new so i've never had an oppurtunity to check for myself but i have a number of friends who climbed DWS there and the authorities floated right by in a boat, watching them and didn't say a thing. granted that is far from a declaration of legality but still, i suppose it's a point in the general direction?

rtwilli4

Jun 5, 2010, 5:27 AM
Post #3 of 4 (488 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kevinnlauren] DWS Summersville might in fact NOT be banned.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

people do it pretty often without getting in trouble, but then again people also drink and drive pretty often with out getting caught.

The climbing is good and for the most part the water is deep enough, but the fact that it is up to the discretion of someone who might not have ever climbed before and the $5000 would make me nervous.

At least they don't have permission to shoot you down with AK 47's like they do where I live :)

rat-baby

Jun 5, 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #4 of 4 (448 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there last year, and also have friends that live there. If you punt off facing the cliff your not going to get in trouble. If you get to the top or a ledge then turn around facing the lake and jump your going to get warned or busted. More likely warned.
Last time I was there we were DWS right in front of the water cops. They actually putted over to chew a dudes ass for diving while we were climbing and falling off from about 20'.

Now that I think about it, I think we asked them what was ok and they told us it was ok to fall climbing, just don't blantantly get up there and dive in.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook