RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

Beaver

Jul 1, 2010, 1:47 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1046 views)
Shortcut

Road trip!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,, If someone can help me out.

Traveling from Ottawa ON > Vancouver BC, and many places in between this summer. I'm looking for some spots to do some bouldering alon the way west. Easy to find or if you can show me would be cool too (partners for the day).

I would realy appreciate good directions, not too far off the Trans-Canada. {come to think of it I might start a Trans-Canada log of little spots to hit up} So if you can help me start it my direct me to some good areas, please do..

I do have some gear for some sport, from the east of don't have much as i am on mostly bolted routes. So a couple ropes, and draws. But am willing to try out some trad if someone can show me the ins/outs.

I'll try to keep tabs on the forum, but I will be on the road most of the time. e-mails would be cool or a phone call too, (saulewog@hotmail.com) or 613-978-3179.

Thankx for any help you can provide.

(This post was edited by Beaver on Jul 10, 2010, 3:58 PM)

binrat

Jul 3, 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Beaver] Road trip!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

After western Ontario, its pretty dry until Ab. I would just cruise across the praires fast and then head towards Canmore.

darkgift06

Jul 5, 2010, 6:57 PM
Post #3 of 5 (987 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binrat] Road trip!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you could make 10 trips to BC & still miss some of the best climbing.
I'd suggest to plan a route on the hwy's & once you have your driving path figured out then ask which towns along the way have climbing.

granite_grrl

Jul 6, 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #4 of 5 (976 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binrat] Road trip!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

binrat wrote:
After western Ontario, its pretty dry until Ab. I would just cruise across the praires fast and then head towards Canmore.
This is true. If the OP wants to hit up a number of climbing areas along the way they should consider dipping into the states. MI and MN are still pretty quiet, but things pick up by the time you hit the end of SD in the Black Hills.

Beaver

Jul 8, 2010, 4:37 PM
Post #5 of 5 (951 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Beaver] Road trip!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OK>> thankx for some thoughts..

As for route>> I hope to take the Canadian route out,, so some spots in northern ON (would be cool), then I know the parries are not much of a place for climbing. So a bee-line for the foothills. I was thinking of going to Banff after Calgary mabe up to Jasper for a quick stay, then west to Van over 1 trans CA with stops in Kamloops and Kelowna. After a few weeks i will be taking some time in the interior. I love the Kootanys, so Nelson and the area, a stay in Osyoos as well.

ON my way back.. I hope to see the US side of the mid west and some of the sights inbetween. Come climbing areas along that route would be nice to think about too.

Thankx again for all your help and input..

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook