Forums: Climbing Partners: International:
Tonsai Railay Krabi Climbing Partner! Yay!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

ymarcus

Sep 27, 2010, 2:36 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1516 views)
Shortcut

Tonsai Railay Krabi Climbing Partner! Yay!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to Phi Phi tomorrow, then on to Krabi area soon after. I'll be in this region for the next several weeks, and need a partner. Any level's okay, just want to get on some rock.

I'll also be posting on the Tonsai whiteboard I heard about, if I can find it when I get there.

I've been traveling, so it's been a while since I climbed, but I should still be able to lead into the low 6's.

I'm carrying personal gear, but no rope or QDs. Let me know!

Marc1

Sep 27, 2010, 7:15 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1509 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ymarcus] Tonsai Railay Krabi Climbing Partner! Yay! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey -

hows it going - will be in tonsai from 13th oct for two weeks- will have rope and draws with me - last time i was sport climbing was 5 plus lead - relaxed approach -

hope to be still at 5 plus and pushing for 6a and maybe beyond -

email is basejump221@hotmail.com - drop me a line -

marc

phang_nga

Sep 28, 2010, 2:44 AM
Post #3 of 8 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ymarcus] Tonsai Railay Krabi Climbing Partner! Yay! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be climbing in Phang Nga Bay this weekend (Oct 2nd - 3rd). I've got a longtail boat and I'll be traveling around to several islands. It's me, my two main climbing partners and two of their friends... nightly partying on Ko Yao Noi too. Cool

And, I've got tons of gear... sport, trad, aid, etc.

(This post was edited by phang_nga on Sep 28, 2010, 2:48 AM)

Marc1

Sep 28, 2010, 7:10 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1474 views)
Shortcut

Re: [phang_nga] Tonsai Railay Krabi Climbing Partner! Yay! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that sounds like an adventure - if your planning anything like taht from the 13th oct onwards id be on for something like that - cheers

marc

guangzhou

Sep 29, 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1469 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

phang_nga wrote:
I'll be climbing in Phang Nga Bay this weekend (Oct 2nd - 3rd). I've got a longtail boat and I'll be traveling around to several islands. It's me, my two main climbing partners and two of their friends... nightly partying on Ko Yao Noi too. Cool

And, I've got tons of gear... sport, trad, aid, etc.

We missed each other in September, but my wife and I will be back in December and January. Based on PHi phi this time. Maybe we can play together some.

Both my wife and I would love to do a couple days of climbing photography, so if you need images, we can set something up. (Free)

phang_nga

Sep 29, 2010, 5:45 AM
Post #6 of 8 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Marc1] Tonsai Railay Krabi Climbing Partner! Yay! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Marc1 wrote:
that sounds like an adventure - if your planning anything like taht from the 13th oct onwards id be on for something like that - cheers

marc

Hey Marc,

I'll be on a ten-day climbing trip from November 9th to the 18th... starting off in Phang Nga Province, then heading over to some stunning cliffs near Khao Sok National Park that I've been dying to work on and ending in the bay.

Peace.

phang_nga

Sep 29, 2010, 5:53 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1460 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Tonsai Railay Krabi Climbing Partner! Yay! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
We missed each other in September, but my wife and I will be back in December and January. Based on PHi phi this time. Maybe we can play together some.

Both my wife and I would love to do a couple days of climbing photography, so if you need images, we can set something up. (Free)

Hey buddy,

Yep, sorry we didn't hook up. I ended up doing a lot of mountain biking this month and no climbing... oh well.

Yes, I'd love to get you guys in the bay on some cool routes. Yes, I'm most definitely interested in you taking some groovy pics for my website in return for a free tour of the bay.

PM me when you know your plans and dates and we'll set it up. I'm free in the middle of December, then busy around the holiday season.

Cheers...

guangzhou

Sep 29, 2010, 6:11 AM
Post #8 of 8 (1456 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

phang_nga wrote:
guangzhou wrote:

Hey buddy,

Yep, sorry we didn't hook up. I ended up doing a lot of mountain biking this month and no climbing... oh well.

Yes, I'd love to get you guys in the bay on some cool routes. Yes, I'm most definitely interested in you taking some groovy pics for my website in return for a free tour of the bay.

PM me when you know your plans and dates and we'll set it up. I'm free in the middle of December, then busy around the holiday season.

Cheers...

I arrive December 18th at 13:45. That means I won't be able to make the Ferry to Phi Phi. If I am correct, I should be able to hire a longtail to get me there.

Know anyone who's in that line of work. We arrive in Krabi. We can get ourselves where ever. Ao Nag, Krabi peer, Railey.

I'll make sure you get some good photos for your site. Should be easy. We have three weeks there, so plenty of time for shooting.
Eman

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook