RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

the_elk

Dec 20, 2002, 8:25 AM
Post #1 of 3 (751 views)
Shortcut

When did it all get so competative?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Earlier this year, mainly due to peer pressure, I decided to compete in the State Titles (tech. onsight) only because it was held at my local gym, which then, to my joy, led to me representing my state in the Nationals with another mate, Jac.
I've always been relatively competative, mainly with the rock, but I've found that since the Nationals I despise defeat. It pushes me further, and challenges me, but sometimes it completely overwhelmes me.
Has anyone else had this experience? Maybe I'm too competative?
Elk

phil_nev

Dec 20, 2002, 8:44 AM
Post #2 of 3 (751 views)
Shortcut

When did it all get so competative? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are pretty competitive! All i have to say is that lou has done a problem and you will work it all day... u did it at steves, even though she didnt actualy do the problem. Competitiveness is okay, just keep it under controll and try not to compete with your freinds.
For example, i know i cant compete with luke, but when im belaying him on something hard im notg thinking if i will be able to do it, im thinking "hang on damm you and tick this route!"
Even if the person your climbing with is not a strong as you and you know you could walk all over them in competition, theres no need to compete with them, and make them feel comfortable so that they dont feel like thay are compating against you.
Phil

vaness

Dec 20, 2002, 12:10 PM
Post #3 of 3 (751 views)
Shortcut

When did it all get so competative? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i got that when i first started competitions, you just need to learn how to only feel that way when your in a comp. its hard at firts but you will get used to it. some people are just naturally competative..

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook