Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

cjon3s

Oct 25, 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #1 of 75 (9726 views)
Shortcut

What's happening to this site?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (24 ratings)  
Can't Post

I mean honestly? I've lurked a very long time and I post very little but god damn.

jt512, you're an asshole. You post meaningless shit in every thread and RARELY post anything meaningful. Every once in a while you post something worth reading but mainly, you just act like an ass.

curt, your posts are generally funny, but also pretty useless.

gmburns2000, i've enjoyed your trip reports throughout the past years.

rrradam, rgold, adatesman, among others, thanks for the useful knowledge you guys have posted. It's led me to be a safer climber for sure.

There's a bunch of others who have made MEANINGFUL contributions to this site. Thank you guys for that.

But really, what the hell has happened? I used to lurk here almost every day and slowly I've just been pushed away. Between the useless posts that don't answer anything to the stupid ego battles that seem to happen constantly, it's pushing this site in a downward spiral. It's really a shame because I much prefer RC to the taco or mountainproject but god damn people. This is ridiculous.

meanandugly

Oct 25, 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #2 of 75 (9714 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cjon3s] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I agree with most of what you said, but as Johnny Storm would say "FLAME ON".

cjon3s

Oct 25, 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #3 of 75 (9710 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meanandugly] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've already got the suit on. I just saw a lot of what's been happening to the site and it just really bothered me.

This site has TONS of information to be had. It's where I've learned countless things that have helped me to become a better climber. I just think that some of the things that happen on this site are ridiculous.

areyoumydude

Oct 25, 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #4 of 75 (9666 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:
I mean honestly? I've lurked a very long time and I post very little but god damn.

jt512, you're an asshole. You post meaningless shit in every thread and RARELY post anything meaningful. Every once in a while you post something worth reading but mainly, you just act like an ass.

rrradam, rgold, adatesman, among others, thanks for the useful knowledge you guys have posted. It's led me to be a safer climber for sure.

There's a bunch of others who have made MEANINGFUL contributions to this site. Thank you guys for that.

But really, what the hell has happened? I used to lurk here almost every day and slowly I've just been pushed away. Between the useless posts that don't answer anything to the stupid ego battles that seem to happen constantly, it's pushing this site in a downward spiral. It's really a shame because I much prefer RC to the taco or mountainproject but god damn people. This is ridiculous.

Have you tried going climbing?

cjon3s

Oct 25, 2010, 11:43 PM
Post #5 of 75 (9655 views)
Shortcut

Re: [areyoumydude] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep.

notapplicable

Oct 25, 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #6 of 75 (9643 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (9 ratings)  
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:

It seems to me that you are expecting others to do all the hard work and make this a place worthy of your high standards. Perhaps you could try being one of those upstanding contibutors you believe the site to be in such short supply of and push the asshats to the margins.

Or you could just bitch and cry like a little twat and a simply add to the noise.

The choice is yours.

climbingtrash

Oct 25, 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #7 of 75 (9629 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:
I've already got the suit on. I just saw a lot of what's been happening to the site and it just really bothered me.

This site has TONS of information to be had. It's where I've learned countless things that have helped me to become a better climber. I just think that some of the things that happen on this site are ridiculous.

Like what "things"?

potreroed

Oct 25, 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #8 of 75 (9628 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
cjon3s wrote:

It seems to me that you are expecting others to do all the hard work and make this a place worthy of your high standards. Perhaps you could try being one of those upstanding contibutors you believe the site to be in such short supply of and push the asshats to the margins.

Or you could just bitch and cry like a little twat and a simply add to the noise.

The choice is yours.

ditto

alpinismo_flujo

Oct 25, 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #9 of 75 (9622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love the word "TWAT" it's right up there with "AssHat"..

ok now back to the bitching;
What's wrong with you guys...can't you post something lurk worthy? Geezz....

cjon3s

Oct 25, 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #10 of 75 (9618 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I used "things" twice. Are you referencing the positive "things" I've learned? Or the negative "things" I've seen?

And honestly, I'm just voicing my opinion. Call me twat, call me what you will. That's cool. I contribute when I can, but I don't have the experience that some people have on the site. That's part of why I gave them recognition above. There's much more than those few, but those are just some examples.

majid_sabet

Oct 26, 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #11 of 75 (9604 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (7 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am one lucky bastard cause my name is not on the list

edit: you kung fu down under ninja thread terminator, do not even try to send this one to trash bin or camp. keep this thread here cause we haven't a good juicy post in along time and i hope this will get us going till end of the year.

(This post was edited by majid_sabet on Oct 26, 2010, 12:07 AM)

cjon3s

Oct 26, 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #12 of 75 (9595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

Majid, you make me laugh entirely too much to even categorize you on that list. I can't tell what kind of experience in any field you actually have, but you are pretty damn hilarious.

climbingtrash

Oct 26, 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #13 of 75 (9584 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:
I just think that some of the things that happen on this site are ridiculous.

The ridiculous has been going on on this site for years. I was just wondering if there's some new ridiculousness I've been missing out on.

hafilax

Oct 26, 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #14 of 75 (9561 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The good information is found with the search function. The rest is a bunch of bored people stuck at computers who happen to climb and to be honest, there's only so much that can be said about climbing.

cjon3s

Oct 26, 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #15 of 75 (9558 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It has. I think it just reached a new level in the past few months. That's all.

Have any of you done any good climbing lately? Since that is what this site is about. haha

bill413

Oct 26, 2010, 1:22 AM
Post #16 of 75 (9489 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hafilax] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hafilax wrote:
The good information is found with the search function. The rest is a bunch of bored people stuck at computers who happen to climb and to be honest, there's only so much that can be said about climbing.

Blasphemy!

[Seriously]
[Personal Opinions = "Almost all should be prefixed by "I think""]
It is frequently easier to post something flippant than something substantive. Especially if you feel that the same questions & answers have been posted before.
Once the flippancy has started - even in a different thread, it's tempting to continue with it. Again, especially if a serious answer has previously been given (even if in a different thread, months ago).
[/Personal Opinions]

I recently realized that I'd gone too far down that road - and took some time off from the site. I think it was helpful. Yeah, I've missed some threads...I probably can live with that.

[Personal Opinion]
A number of questions do get posted that are surprising in that they show a lack of understanding of physics, cause & effect, how roped protection works, or other things that (at least I) would expect to be basic to any training in climbing. Some of them are things that, if asked in person, would start to be answered & the asker would realize immediately the answer themselves. But on the internet, there's no immediate realization before 43 posters have joined in.
(I'm tempted to site some that have been posted recently, but really don't want to single individuals out.)
[/Personal Opinion ; at least as much as can be]

Recently blueeyedclimber posted a question about signal to noise ratio of our posts. I do think it would be interesting if each of us kept a tally of our ratio. I know I post both.
[/Seriously]

blueeyedclimber

Oct 26, 2010, 1:37 AM
Post #17 of 75 (9465 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

copycat.

cjon3s

Oct 26, 2010, 1:41 AM
Post #18 of 75 (9459 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL I didn't even see that. But I think the ratio is brilliant. haha.

blueeyedclimber

Oct 26, 2010, 1:57 AM
Post #19 of 75 (9441 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:
LOL I didn't even see that. But I think the ratio is brilliant. haha.

Wink

If you missed it, that means you haven't been lurking hard enough.Cool

Josh

cjon3s

Oct 26, 2010, 2:04 AM
Post #20 of 75 (9433 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] What's happening to this site? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I haven't been on in sooo long.

Do any of y'all ever climb at the NRG?

AND, totally off topic.... what are some good places to hit to climb if I were to do a cross country road trip from say the NRG to California (San Diego area)?

cruxstacean

Oct 26, 2010, 2:15 AM
Post #21 of 75 (9413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:

AND, totally off topic.... what are some good places to hit to climb if I were to do a cross country road trip from say the NRG to California (San Diego area)?

Maple Canyon? Is that at all on the way? lol

rtwilli4

Oct 26, 2010, 2:50 AM
Post #22 of 75 (9381 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (6 ratings)  
Can't Post

dude, maybe you should just go climbing?

As for RC.com... I say let it burn and good riddance. Nothing to be learned here except that most "climbers" spend more time on the internet than on the rock.

notapplicable

Oct 26, 2010, 2:54 AM
Post #23 of 75 (9373 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:

I was there from last Thur. till this morning. I was planning on putting in a half day today but the rain caught me.

Climbed with one of the posters you mentioned earlier actually. I got in 4 days of really good climbing with Gmburns2000 thanks to this site. There may be a lot of shit talking but the Knob serves it's purpose, in it's own way.

Love it or leave it.

cjon3s

Oct 26, 2010, 2:57 AM
Post #24 of 75 (9365 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I spend a good bit of time up at Cooper's Rock, but I'm at the Gorge almost every weekend. Going down again anytime soon?

spikeddem

Oct 26, 2010, 3:10 AM
Post #25 of 75 (9340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cjon3s wrote:

What happened to this site? People ask dumb questions. Get a map and mountainproject, you bum!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook