RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

brawoo

Nov 27, 2010, 8:48 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1211 views)
Shortcut

lasportiva solution
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

thinking abt getting some solution shoes any ideas?

Raiden

Nov 28, 2010, 4:15 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brawoo] lasportiva solution [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Your post is rather confusing to me... Did you mean any ideas or rather any opinions on the LaSportiva Solutions? If the latter, I know a lot of people that like them a lot. Mostly boulderers doing hard problems on overhanging rock - the aggressive downturned toe is good for that. I've heard it's also good on steep sport routes. As such, it's not going to be the most comfortable shoe out there. So it depends on what you're looking for.

Did this help?

jakedatc

Nov 28, 2010, 4:22 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1161 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Raiden] lasportiva solution [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Raiden wrote:
Your post is rather confusing to me... Did you mean any ideas or rather any opinions on the LaSportiva Solutions? If the latter, I know a lot of people that like them a lot. Mostly boulderers doing hard problems on overhanging rock - the aggressive downturned toe is good for that. I've heard it's also good on steep sport routes. As such, it's not going to be the most comfortable shoe out there. So it depends on what you're looking for.

Did this help?

they are perfectly comfortable if you size them reasonably and are somewhat used to downturned shoes.

sizing shoes extra small is kind of an old fashioned idea. shoes are built much better now and can be sized without killing yourself

Raiden

Nov 28, 2010, 5:02 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1147 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] lasportiva solution [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
Raiden wrote:

Did this help?

they are perfectly comfortable if you size them reasonably and are somewhat used to downturned shoes.

sizing shoes extra small is kind of an old fashioned idea. shoes are built much better now and can be sized without killing yourself

What I meant by saying they aren't the most comfortable shoes is that you wouldn't want to spend all day in them (or at least I wouldn't) like you can in less aggressive shoes.

brawoo

Nov 28, 2010, 4:32 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1081 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Raiden] lasportiva solution [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Raiden wrote:
Your post is rather confusing to me... Did you mean any ideas or rather any opinions on the LaSportiva Solutions? If the latter, I know a lot of people that like them a lot. Mostly boulderers doing hard problems on overhanging rock - the aggressive downturned toe is good for that. I've heard it's also good on steep sport routes. So it depends on what you're looking for. i am looking for advice as to wether theyd be a good bouldering shoe or any other options i shuld go for

jakedatc

Nov 28, 2010, 4:39 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1077 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brawoo] lasportiva solution [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

if they fit you and you aren't doing slab then they are good.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook