First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

bubbabrown

Nov 30, 2010, 1:32 AM
Post #1 of 55 (5646 views)
Shortcut

Haters...
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a few things to say. about the online "community"here.
I recently joined rockclimbing.com (today)because I'm new to the whole climbing thing, but have followed rockclimbing.com a bit for route info and just reading up on things. my first post was about a climbing shop that i recently did some business with and they helped me pick out a reasonable first trad rack and sold me. so my first post was to tout them...
the response was overwhelmingly bashing of that company and saying it was "shill"
well, sorry to that company, because it seems i've brought you some bad rep. not my intent.
as to the rest of you, get over yourselves. you seem like the kind of guys I meet at the crag that give me shit for toproping instead of leading, even though I'm new. some climbers take it too seriously, but it seems like everyone here either does, or pretends to since noone can see how they actually climb through a computer screen.
yeah, having a climbing community posting place is a great idea, but not if you guys only talk trash. but hey, its great that you can hide behind your computer screens and talk trash and feel superior to everyone. hope i never meet you guys outside.

jakedatc

Nov 30, 2010, 1:36 AM
Post #2 of 55 (5644 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bubbabrown] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bubbabrown wrote:
I recently joined rockclimbing.com (today)because I'm new to the whole climbing thing, but have followed rockclimbing.com a bit for route info and just reading up on things. my first post was about a climbing shop that i recently did some business with and they helped me pick out a reasonable first trad rack and sold me. so my first post was to tout them...
the response was overwhelmingly bashing of that company and saying it was "shill"
well, sorry to that company, because it seems i've brought you some bad rep. not my intent.
as to the rest of you, get over yourselves. you seem like the kind of guys I meet at the crag that give me shit for toproping instead of leading, even though I'm new. some climbers take it too seriously, but it seems like everyone here either does, or pretends to since noone can see how they actually climb through a computer screen.
yeah, having a climbing community posting place is a great idea, but not if you guys only talk trash. but hey, its great that you can hide behind your computer screens and talk trash and feel superior to everyone. hope i never meet you guys outside.

/save

jbone

Nov 30, 2010, 1:42 AM
Post #3 of 55 (5633 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So what are your thoughts about Lebron taking his talents to South Beach?

jt512

Nov 30, 2010, 2:21 AM
Post #4 of 55 (5598 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bubbabrown wrote:

Your profiles says that you are "still a student." At what point will they teach you that sentences begin with a capital letter and that paragraphs are separated by a blank line?

And look up the meaning of the word "shill."

Jay

jcrew

Nov 30, 2010, 2:41 AM
Post #5 of 55 (5575 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bubbabrown wrote:

harden the fuck up..... this ain't a sport for wussies.

Raiden

Nov 30, 2010, 2:54 AM
Post #6 of 55 (5559 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
Your profiles says that you are "still a student." At what point will they teach you that sentences begin with a capital letter and that paragraphs are separated by a blank line?

Jay

What's wrong with his use of the word shill, Jay?

Shill can be defined as "a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty." So people were accusing his praise of the shop because they thought he worked there, for example.

Bats

Nov 30, 2010, 3:00 AM
Post #7 of 55 (5550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow...you haven't been climbing long have you? I have been ridicule on here as well, but through the bullshit you might actually learn something valuable.

jt512

Nov 30, 2010, 3:08 AM
Post #8 of 55 (5544 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Raiden] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Raiden wrote:
jt512 wrote:

Jay

What's wrong with his use of the word shill, Jay?

Shill can be defined as "a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty." So people were accusing his praise of the shop because they thought he worked there, for example.

bubbabrown wrote:
[S]o my first post was to tout them[.] [T]he response was overwhelmingly bashing of that company and saying it was "shill[.]"

What is wrong with his use of the word "shill" is that it is not an adjective, and refers to a person, not a company (or a response).

Jay

adam14113

Nov 30, 2010, 4:10 AM
Post #9 of 55 (5500 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jakedatc wrote:
bubbabrown wrote:

/save

*Plonk*

curt

Nov 30, 2010, 4:12 AM
Post #10 of 55 (5496 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bubbabrown wrote:
...hope i never meet you guys outside.

How about that? We agree on something.

Curt

brian_h

Nov 30, 2010, 4:52 AM
Post #11 of 55 (5455 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You made your introduction to the forum here with a post that read exactly like an ad. What did you expect? Regulars get butthurt when someone seemingly sprays advertisements all over their board with their first post.

Maybe introduce yourself first before your favorite companies.
Maybe include a disclaimer. Something to the effect of "I don't work for this company."
That's just standard forum etiquette, whatever the niche.

Welcome to the forum.

Raiden

Nov 30, 2010, 5:10 AM
Post #12 of 55 (5437 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
What is wrong with his use of the word "shill" is that it is not an adjective, and refers to a person, not a company (or a response).

Jay

Ah, I thought that it said "I was shill" and he meant to say "I was [a] shill" whereas it says "it was shill". It is indeed not an adjective Tongue

scottek67

Nov 30, 2010, 5:15 AM
Post #13 of 55 (5435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brian_h] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brian_h wrote:
Maybe include a disclaimer. Something to the effect of "I don't work for this company."

Welcome to the forum.

so thats how it's done....

*ahem*

hello I'm a rockclimber and my name is... nevermind... go f*ck yourself RC.com you are all just a bunch of angry haters!

disclaimer: "I don't work for this company."

Partner macherry

Nov 30, 2010, 6:00 AM
Post #14 of 55 (5411 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scottek67] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

moved to community

too much hate

not enough climbing

skiclimb

Nov 30, 2010, 6:27 AM
Post #15 of 55 (5391 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
moved to community

too much hate

not enough climbing

lol that about covers it.

traddad

Nov 30, 2010, 1:49 PM
Post #16 of 55 (5331 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
moved to community

too much hate

not enough climbing

I hate you for that.

bill413

Nov 30, 2010, 2:07 PM
Post #17 of 55 (5321 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

scottek67 wrote:
brian_h wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

so thats how it's done....

*ahem*

hello I'm a rockclimber and my name is... nevermind... go f*ck yourself RC.com you are all just a bunch of angry haters!

disclaimer: "I don't work for this company."

[image]http://meowcheese.com/files/lolpics/2010/08/haters-gonna-hate.jpg[/image]
[image]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/046/148/original/haters_gonna_hate1.jpg?1270962471[/image]
[image]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/049/338/original/BAITERS.jpg?1273697143[/image]
[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BPjlKeHBjvg/TJgmRhEZu2I/AAAAAAAAABQ/oYl3sMPfB10/S910-R/LeoHGH.jpg[/image]
[image]http://blogs.westword.com/showandtell/05haters.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.mattbrandenburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE1.jpg[/image]

I hate you for doing that so well.

(This post was edited by bill413 on Nov 30, 2010, 2:07 PM)

Kartessa

Nov 30, 2010, 2:49 PM
Post #18 of 55 (5312 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm confused.

You said you lurked for a while, you should get it by now.

boymeetsrock

Nov 30, 2010, 2:58 PM
Post #19 of 55 (5311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is that an award winning zucchini in her pants or is she just happy bubba has joined the fun?

(This post was edited by boymeetsrock on Nov 30, 2010, 2:59 PM)

Partner macherry

Nov 30, 2010, 3:55 PM
Post #20 of 55 (5299 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
macherry wrote:
moved to community

too much hate

not enough climbing

I hate you for that.

haters gotta hate

wjca

Nov 30, 2010, 4:26 PM
Post #21 of 55 (5290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First: Wow!!

Second: There is some really weird stuff going on in her pants. Half of a giant camel toe? Bi-gunt? What is that?

gerbil

Nov 30, 2010, 4:30 PM
Post #22 of 55 (5288 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bubbabrown wrote:

gosh bubbabrown, i never thought i was being mean. gee, I'm so sorry.

traddad

Nov 30, 2010, 4:50 PM
Post #23 of 55 (5283 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
traddad wrote:
macherry wrote:
moved to community

too much hate

not enough climbing

I hate you for that.

haters gotta hate

How much hate could a hater hate
if a hater could hate hate?

boymeetsrock

Nov 30, 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #24 of 55 (5279 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] Haters... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
First: Wow!!

[image]http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/049/338/original/BAITERS.jpg?1273697143[/image]

Second: There is some really weird stuff going on in her pants. Half of a giant camel toe? Bi-gunt? What is that?

[image]http://www.mattbrandenburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE1.jpg[/image]

GU'd

Toast_in_the_Machine

Nov 30, 2010, 8:48 PM
Post #25 of 55 (5251 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bubbabrown wrote:
yeah, having a climbing community posting place is a great idea, but not if you guys only talk trash. but hey, its great that you can hide behind your computer screens and talk trash and feel superior to everyone.

Let me guess - your from Cincinnati (checks profile).. Yup..

But seriously.. Not bad for one days work. 4 posts, one thread in tatters one in the campground. Not as good as the guy who's "hello world" thread ended up in the soap box, but a high quality work nonetheless..

You also might want to consider what 'trash talk' is. For example, I say "you are from 'natti", by default that means you are best at climbing small hills and falling off bar stools. That is trash talk. If I say "your spelling sucks and indicates that you were dropped off a bar stool by your mom" that is an insult. Please learn the difference.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook