RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Carnage

Dec 21, 2010, 6:42 PM
Post #1 of 14 (1941 views)
Shortcut

NRG Climbers campground
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

http://www.climbing.com/...climbers_campground/

just saw the short article linked. Anyone know where it'll be? what crag are they referring to when they say "a short walk from numerous popular cliffs"

great news. I've started to find rogers a bit annoying. Too many people in not enough space, always seem to end up next to the group of stoners/drunks who stay up super late being noisey. At chestnut, I find you're too secluded, you dont get to hear other people's stories about almost dieing the previous day.

Something that combined the two would be ideal for me. Individual camp sites with a good public hang out/firepit.

sonso45

Dec 21, 2010, 7:00 PM
Post #2 of 14 (1930 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Carnage] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am suitably impressed that AAC and Access Fund are working to make our lives easier. Thank you both.

Dip

Dec 21, 2010, 7:27 PM
Post #3 of 14 (1904 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i don't know that i could pass on camping at Roger's. To me it's part of the whole NRG experience, and i would bet you'd have the same late night shenanigans at a new place as those that happen at rogers. That being said, the limited bouldering on-site option is attractive, as is the apparent central location to, i'm guessing, the North Side Crags.

The new guide makes mention of a potential climbers campground. I don't have the book with me right now, but i think it's in the section pertaining to the Rendezvous. Not sure if it has any additional info or not.

Carnage

Dec 21, 2010, 7:56 PM
Post #4 of 14 (1886 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Dip] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dip wrote:
i don't know that i could pass on camping at Roger's. To me it's part of the whole NRG experience, and i would bet you'd have the same late night shenanigans at a new place as those that happen at rogers. ...

When i started going to the new, i loved the rogers shenanigans too. It was always a borderline too much situation, recently, it's been crossing the line into annoying.

kachoong

Dec 22, 2010, 5:30 PM
Post #5 of 14 (1826 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Carnage wrote:
Dip wrote:
i don't know that i could pass on camping at Roger's. To me it's part of the whole NRG experience, and i would bet you'd have the same late night shenanigans at a new place as those that happen at rogers. ...

When i started going to the new, i loved the rogers shenanigans too. It was always a borderline too much situation, recently, it's been crossing the line into annoying.

That's just called getting old and grumpy.

Arrogant_Bastard

Dec 22, 2010, 5:39 PM
Post #6 of 14 (1822 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Carnage wrote:
Something that combined the two would be ideal for me. Individual camp sites with a good public hang out/firepit.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Please make your way up the illuminated handicap ramp to the old people campground. Bingo is at 7:00, lights out at 8:00 sharp.

justroberto

Dec 22, 2010, 7:09 PM
Post #7 of 14 (1785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Carnage wrote:

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Please make your way up the illuminated handicap ramp to the old people campground. Bingo is at 7:00, lights out at 8:00 sharp.
That's Chesnut Creek. More rules than a Skilled Nursing Facility.

newrivermike

Dec 22, 2010, 9:41 PM
Post #8 of 14 (1746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The AAC campground is slated to go in near Burnwood, the site of the Rendevous. It's just north of the bridge on the west side of the road. That parcel of land backs up to the top of the Bridge area and carries over to the Junkyard parking. Those are the two crags that would be within walking distance unless you go for the mile trek to Bubba or Fern Butt.
Although limited, the bouldering will be cool to have nearby and will certainly add to the character of the place.
I'm sure Roger's will always have a devoted following and I doubt that this will hurt his pocketbook much. I believe (speculation) that the AAC will be about 10$ a night vs. Roger's 6$. It's gonna be a while before this place opens up and even longer before it becomes embedded in the NRG culture.
We're all excited about having it though. It should be a great place for events, clinics, and potentially future Rendevous!

alpinismo_flujo

Dec 22, 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #9 of 14 (1728 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sonso45] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sonso45 wrote:
I am suitably impressed that AAC and Access Fund are working to make our lives easier. Thank you both.

Hey - you're welcome..all it takes is like minded people donating time and/or $$. Thanks to all that sends money to AF.

rangerrob

Dec 25, 2010, 4:35 AM
Post #10 of 14 (1635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpinismo_flujo] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll put in another vote for Rogers. Only once have I been kept awake there, and that was handled with a very polite.."hey would you fuckheads mind shutting the hell up..it's 5am" They were most amenable to our polite request. Rogers is the community. A nice expensive campground may work well for some, and for them I say good deal. Who can afford 15-20 bucks a night though?

Partner j_ung

Dec 25, 2010, 3:27 PM
Post #11 of 14 (1607 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rangerrob] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yup, and for that reason, I don't think it will compete so much with Roger's. Word on the street is that Roger actually likes the idea, too. I'm working on an article for the NRAC website. I'll post a link here when it's live. (Gimme a week or two.)

minibiter

Dec 25, 2010, 5:39 PM
Post #12 of 14 (1583 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be sticking with stealth camping :) Some of the awesomest spots around!

Hennessey

Dec 27, 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #13 of 14 (1503 views)
Shortcut

Re: [minibiter] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

minibiter wrote:
I'll be sticking with stealth camping :) Some of the awesomest spots around!

And The cheapest spots around

kikitastrophe

Dec 27, 2010, 7:48 PM
Post #14 of 14 (1459 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] NRG Climbers campground [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Talking to Roger more than makes up for the ruckus, and you can always sleep with ear-plugs. Gitcher cup.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook