RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

rsward

Jan 10, 2011, 2:53 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1579 views)
Shortcut

Participation in Study of Sport Climbing on the Eardley Escarpment
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My name is Ryan Sward. I am a fourth year Honours student with the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at Carleton University. For my Honours thesis, I am studying the issues surrounding the closure of the Eardley Escarpment to sport climbing. As part of this study I am examining the understanding, knowledge and attitudes of sport climbers concerning the closure and towards ecosystem protection in general.
Your opinions are important to this study and I invite you to participate in this study. I am conducting interviews at Indoor Climbing Gym, Vertical Reality. The interview should not take more than 20 minutes to complete. You may decline to answer any question and you may withdraw your participation in the study at any time. I am not asking for any identifying information about you. Individuals will not be identified in any way in this study. The surveys will be compiled to address the research question in a general way, based on identifiable trends. The information will only be used as part of this course. All surveys will be destroyed once the information has been compiled. A copy of my study will be made available if you are interested.

This is a very important issue for us all and I hope that you will agree to participate in my study. Should you wish to participate, I will be at the Climbing Gym on the following days and times. Should you wish to participate, and will not be at the gym on those days or times, I would be happy to meet with you at your convenience. If you are unable to meet, I can send you the survey through e-mail, however meeting in person is perferred.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

(This post was edited by rsward on Jan 10, 2011, 3:06 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook