Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Hows the employement opportunities.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

KidEpic

Jan 12, 2011, 7:52 PM
Post #1 of 5 (4337 views)
Shortcut

Hows the employement opportunities.  (North_America: United_States: West_Virginia)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking to spend the summer craggin in fayetevile or summersville. Anyone know any good seasonal jobs? I know there are lots of river guiding companies, but i really dont want to be a river guide. Also, i havent climbed at the lake or the gorge since about 99 so i will be needing someone to show me the meadow and the newer areas that have been developed. Im climbing strong Ten Sleep Wyo tens and lower elevens. hopefully the dub v is graded in a similar fashion. Just PM or post on the thread if you have any suggestions/ beta for me. Also, anyone looking for a room mate during the summer?????
James Hamilton
kidepicbreakz@gmail.com
KidEpic@rockclimbing.com

Oh yeah, I may have a young german shepherd with me. That may change some of your suggestions.

hyhuu

Jan 12, 2011, 8:02 PM
Post #2 of 5 (4329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [KidEpic] Hows the employement opportunities. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't know about job but if you've been there then you should know that's summer weather sucks for climbing at the New.

KidEpic wrote:
Looking to spend the summer craggin in fayetevile or summersville. Anyone know any good seasonal jobs? I know there are lots of river guiding companies, but i really dont want to be a river guide. Also, i havent climbed at the lake or the gorge since about 99 so i will be needing someone to show me the meadow and the newer areas that have been developed. Im climbing strong Ten Sleep Wyo tens and lower elevens. hopefully the dub v is graded in a similar fashion. Just PM or post on the thread if you have any suggestions/ beta for me. Also, anyone looking for a room mate during the summer?????
James Hamilton
kidepicbreakz@gmail.com
KidEpic@rockclimbing.com

Oh yeah, I may have a young german shepherd with me. That may change some of your suggestions.

KidEpic

Jan 12, 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #3 of 5 (4277 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hyhuu] Hows the employement opportunities. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

unfortunately, the summer months are all thats available for me. the last few years it looks like the weather has been dryer there than previous ones. maybe i will get lucky.

Partner j_ung

Jan 12, 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #4 of 5 (4243 views)
Shortcut

Re: [KidEpic] Hows the employement opportunities. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you don't want to guide, you're really looking at restaurants. You'll make pretty good money at Pies & Pints. I had a great time tending bar there for a while. You may also do okay working bars/restaurants at the raft companies. Smokie's on the Gorge would be decent. Try those. There's also Water Stone Outdoors, the local climbing shop. There's less money involved, but it'll dial you right into the local climbing scene, and you won't have any trouble getting shown around the Meadow.

(This post was edited by j_ung on Jan 12, 2011, 11:12 PM)

KidEpic

Jan 12, 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #5 of 5 (4230 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Hows the employement opportunities. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks J. I applied for a few different jobs at some of the raft companies. Since its pretty far from being whitewater trip season, I dont much expect a reply for a while. Ill check in to the shop in the meantime. Thanks again. All suggestions appreciated.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook