Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

godfather2

Jan 13, 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #1 of 31 (13231 views)
Shortcut

Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile  (South_and_Central_America: Chile)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hola! I am in Santiago and will be staying here until 1 March, 2011. I would love to find climbing partners and truly enjoy the Andes. I would also love to check out the local gym, gymnasio el muro.

I am usually free on the weekends but I am free this Thursday-Tuesday (13/1/11-18/1/11). I am staying at a condo at 566 Carmen (Santiago Centro - corner of Carmen and Santa Isabel). I have brought some of my sport and trad climbing gear with me from Tampa, Florida, United States.

Please feel free to reply to me here or contact me at vinnyvegas22@aol.com if you would like to climb. I SPEAK VERY LITTLE SPANISH (as you can tell).

Muchos Gracias,

Vinny Mago

- I am a 30 yr old male
- I lead 5.11 sport and 5.9 trad

(This post was edited by godfather2 on Jan 13, 2011, 2:17 AM)

godfather2

Jan 13, 2011, 2:18 AM
Post #2 of 31 (13215 views)
Shortcut

Re: [godfather2] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hola! Estoy en Santiago y se quedo aquí hasta 01 de marzo 2011. Me encantaría encontrar compañeros de escalada y realmente disfrutar de los Andes. También me gustaría visita al gimnasio local, Gymnasio El Muro.

Estoy por lo general libre en los fines de semana pero yo soy libre este jueves y martes (13/1/11-18/1/11). Me estoy quedando en un condominio en Carmen 566 (Santiago Centro - esquina de Carmen y Santa Isabel). He traído algunos de mi deporte y equipo de escalada tradicional conmigo desde Tampa, Florida, Estados Unidos.

Por favor, no dude en responder a mi aquí o póngase en contacto conmigo en vinnyvegas22@aol.com si desea subir. HABLO ESPAÑOL MUY POCO (como se puede ver).

MUCHOS Gracias,

Vinny Mago

- Yo soy un hombre de 30 años de edad
- Llevo el deporte 5,11 y 5,9 trad

sungam

Jan 13, 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #3 of 31 (13196 views)
Shortcut

Re: [godfather2] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Send a message to the user GMburns200, he just moved to Santiago for a year. He's met a couple people down there already.

godfather2

Jan 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #4 of 31 (13191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thank you very much Smile

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 13, 2011, 9:15 PM
Post #5 of 31 (13172 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

godfather2 wrote:
Hola! I am in Santiago and will be staying here until 1 March, 2011. I would love to find climbing partners and truly enjoy the Andes. I would also love to check out the local gym, gymnasio el muro.

I am usually free on the weekends but I am free this Thursday-Tuesday (13/1/11-18/1/11). I am staying at a condo at 566 Carmen (Santiago Centro - corner of Carmen and Santa Isabel). I have brought some of my sport and trad climbing gear with me from Tampa, Florida, United States.

Please feel free to reply to me here or contact me at vinnyvegas22@aol.com if you would like to climb. I SPEAK VERY LITTLE SPANISH (as you can tell).

Muchos Gracias,

Vinny Mago

- I am a 30 yr old male

I'm headed out to Santiago on the 22nd of January. My primary objective is to kutz GMBurns' rope, so if you want to climb with him you may want to do it this weekend.

I won't be in the area for too long, but I hope to hit up some of the local sport crags surrounding Santiago before heading out to Mendoza. I know there's some decent traditional climbs out that way if you want to cross the Andes. I don't know much about the trad near Santiago, but perhaps Burnsy has the beta on that.

I'm only bringing draws and a rope, but I'm always game for trad if you want to climb. Plus, you could probably start some sort of pool and collect a nice sum of money from the folks around here if you kutz my rope.

kachoong

Jan 13, 2011, 9:51 PM
Post #6 of 31 (13163 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
godfather2 wrote:

Muchos Gracias,

Vinny Mago

- I am a 30 yr old male

I'm headed out to Santiago on the 22nd of January. My primary objective is to kutz GMBurns' rope, so if you want to climb with him you may want to do it this weekend.

I won't be in the area for too long, but I hope to hit up some of the local sport crags surrounding Santiago before heading out to Mendoza. I know there's some decent traditional climbs out that way if you want to cross the Andes. I don't know much about the trad near Santiago, but perhaps Burnsy has the beta on that.

I'm only bringing draws and a rope, but I'm always game for trad if you want to climb. Plus, you could probably start some sort of pool and collect a nice sum of money from the folks around here if you kutz my rope.

Bidding will start at $0.99, and in addition, if you are the highest bidder, you may collect 1 reward point for every dollar spent to purchase gear from the auction once all ropes have been kutzed.

godfather2

Jan 13, 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #7 of 31 (13150 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

i actually brought my 9.9 70m rope with me (was going to bring the 60 but wanted to be safe)! i'd prefer to sport climb rather than trad but i'm game for either. i've already messaged gmburns and am hoping he gets back to me soon.

if i don't hear from him by saturday, i think i'll hit the local gym and see if there are any takers.

i'm down to climb around santiago with you for sure! i may be headed to mendoza with the friends i'm staying with here in about 3 weeks. so the timing for both trips may just align =).

thanks for the heads up and have a safe journey

godfather2

Jan 13, 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #8 of 31 (13147 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

call me a noob, but what does it mean to KUTZ a rope?

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 13, 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #9 of 31 (13135 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

godfather2 wrote:

It's hard to explain. I'll show you in person.

godfather2

Jan 13, 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #10 of 31 (13132 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
I'll show you in person.

lol, still not sure whether to be weary about it hahaa. in any case, first round of drinks on me when u arrive!

sungam

Jan 14, 2011, 2:25 PM
Post #11 of 31 (13099 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

godfather2 wrote:
Say it out loud.

Preferably while kutzing AB's rowp.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 14, 2011, 7:13 PM
Post #12 of 31 (13082 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
godfather2 wrote:
Say it out loud.

You know, I'm beginning to think Sungam doesn't like me very much.

godfather2

Jan 14, 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #13 of 31 (13067 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

Sly

Gmburns2000

Jan 14, 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #14 of 31 (13059 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

godfather2 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

i actually brought my 9.9 70m rope with me (was going to bring the 60 but wanted to be safe)! i'd prefer to sport climb rather than trad but i'm game for either. i've already messaged gmburns and am hoping he gets back to me soon.

if i don't hear from him by saturday, i think i'll hit the local gym and see if there are any takers.

i'm down to climb around santiago with you for sure! i may be headed to mendoza with the friends i'm staying with here in about 3 weeks. so the timing for both trips may just align =).

thanks for the heads up and have a safe journey

70m is plenty big enough I think. I've been climbing with 2 50s so far. not my ropes, but they've worked. a 60m that I climbed on recently worked well enough, too.

let's touch base again Sat for the afternoon or evening. maybe we can get out sun morning a bit. I need to be in Providencia at 6:15pm on Sunday, though.

AB - if your gear isn't stolen by the baggage folks who I paid, let's ensure we climb on the 23rd or 24th. I'm heading south for a week on the 25th to help develop a new-found crag. Otherwise, will you have e-mail access in Mendoza? If so, I'd love to meet up with you there if you're doing rock in Feb when I get back.

Going salsa dancing with some brazilian chicks tonight...woooooooo!!!!

godfather2

Jan 15, 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #15 of 31 (13052 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SWEET. alright greg let's try and get together tomorrow (saturday afternoon) that way we have plenty of time to talk about and prep for a possible sunday climb.

let's meet around 1pm SANTIAGO TIME. i just dont know where to meet??? my place, yours, sub station, etc?

u know this place better than i

Gmburns2000

Jan 15, 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #16 of 31 (13045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

let's push it back a bit at the moment. I have a feeling I won't be getting to bed until after 3am anyway.

Mid afternoon sounds great. I'm easy to find. when we set a time, let's meet at my place. check google maps to find the intersection of Vicuna Mackenna (avinida) and Santa Isabel. I'm 30 seconds away from there. When we have a time, I can wait for you and we can grab a beer nearby.

godfather2

Jan 15, 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #17 of 31 (13036 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

message sent

sungam

Jan 15, 2011, 4:12 PM
Post #18 of 31 (12997 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
sungam wrote:
godfather2 wrote:
Say it out loud.

Me?Angelic

godfather2

Jan 16, 2011, 1:17 AM
Post #19 of 31 (12984 views)
Shortcut

WED, JAN 19 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm free to climb!!!!!

godfather2

Jan 21, 2011, 3:16 PM
Post #20 of 31 (12884 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm not sure what greg has planned, but i believe some sport climbing is involved upon your arrival

Miriam81

Feb 8, 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #21 of 31 (12744 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Still looking for a climbing partner? I just emailed your aol email that you listed. I forgot to say that I lead 5.9 follow 5.10b/c comfortably and 'm a 29yr old female . I"m hoping to get to Santiago on Feb 12th and stay till the 18th. I want to climb every day possible while I"m down there. Hopefully so much so that my arms wanna drop off by the time I have to fly home! If anyone else is reading this and is looking for a climbing partner please reply to this msg! thx

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 8, 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #22 of 31 (12741 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Miriam81] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Miriam81 wrote:
..and 'm a 29yr old female .

I'm sure half a dozen users on here just booked tickets to Santiago.

godfather2

Feb 8, 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #23 of 31 (12732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL @ arrogant_bastard

(This post was edited by godfather2 on Feb 9, 2011, 2:42 AM)

godfather2

Feb 8, 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #24 of 31 (12730 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Miriam81] Climbing partner and climbing around Santiago, Chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

miriam, i will email u shortly!

(This post was edited by godfather2 on Feb 9, 2011, 2:43 AM)

sungam

Feb 9, 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #25 of 31 (12704 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

godfather2 wrote:
LOL @ arrogant_bastard
New sig line anybody?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook