RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

Moch

Jan 17, 2011, 5:29 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3562 views)
Shortcut

Opening a gym...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey All, I am looking to open a climbing gym in southern California. I have been working diligently and have a great plan put together, I have a location,a great landlord, and am ready to go. I have spoken with multiple wall
manufacturers. I am looking for an investor/investors to help me make this dream a reality. Please only contact me if you are serious. Thank you!

Chris
grady662@cs.com

guangzhou

Jan 18, 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #2 of 9 (3465 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Moch] Opening a gym... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Chances are I can get your wall built for a better price.

Investors, good luck.
Do you have a proposal?
Projections on returns and revenue?
What does the investment get me business ownership wise?
Gym size?
Population of area?
Competition?
How much do you need? How many investors?

Feel free to PM me or post here

Moch

Jan 18, 2011, 6:39 AM
Post #3 of 9 (3391 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Opening a gym... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, The area that I'm planning for is a very popular and growing area. We the Population is booming. It has gone from 70,000 to over a 100,000 in just 3 years. 60% of the pop is between 18 -40 with the average being 31. Lots of young families to target. The closest competition is about 1 hour away. I have a building that i like that is 7600 sq feet. The land lord will build to suit as well. I am still putting my business plan together, I have loose figures as far as returns and revenue, but am working on that. As far as investors, I feel like $200,000 will put us in really good shape for start up,equipment, and misc purchases. As far as how much you would make on your investment and ownership wise, that would have to be discussed. If you are interested, please contact me and we can set up a time to talk. Thanks,

Chris - grady662@cs.com
In reply to:

gmggg

Jan 18, 2011, 3:43 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3339 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Moch wrote:
Hi, The area that I'm planning for is a very popular and growing area. We the Population is booming. It has gone from 70,000 to over a 100,000 in just 3 years. 60% of the pop is between 18 -40 with the average being 31. Lots of young families to target. The closest competition is about 1 hour away. I have a building that i like that is 7600 sq feet. The land lord will build to suit as well. I am still putting my business plan together, I have loose figures as far as returns and revenue, but am working on that. As far as investors, I feel like $200,000 will put us in really good shape for start up,equipment, and misc purchases. As far as how much you would make on your investment and ownership wise, that would have to be discussed. If you are interested, please contact me and we can set up a time to talk. Thanks,

Chris - grady662@cs.com
In reply to:

If you're not planning to already you might want to go to the climbing wall summit. http://www.climbingwallindustry.org/cwsmain11.php

It's a great place to look for investors and see what others are doing and have done.

guangzhou

Jan 19, 2011, 1:00 AM
Post #5 of 9 (3254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Moch wrote:
Hi, The area that I'm planning for is a very popular and growing area. We the Population is booming. It has gone from 70,000 to over a 100,000 in just 3 years. 60% of the pop is between 18 -40 with the average being 31. Lots of young families to target.

Your main target market is kids?

In reply to:
The closest competition is about 1 hour away. I have a building that i like that is 7600 sq feet. The land lord will build to suit as well. I am still putting my business plan together, I have loose figures as far as returns and revenue, but am working on that. As far as investors, I feel like $200,000 will put us in really good shape for start up,equipment, and misc purchases.

200,000 before or after the cost of the building and climbing wall. (Is this your total estimated budget?

In reply to:
As far as how much you would make on your investment and ownership wise, that would have to be discussed. If you are interested, please contact me and we can set up a time to talk. Thanks,

Of course, but I want to know what you want from your investor. Just cash and I set around and wait for the business to grow and earn, or do you need me to me more actively involve if I invest?

How much capital are you putting up?
If I put up the rest, what do I get in return?

Serious questions on my end, again, feel free to use PM.

Average income on your chosen location would be interesting?

Climbing areas nearby?

Assuming your site is a basic rectangle, your building is roughly 1300 by 2600 feet? Cold you let me know dimensions, including height?

Chris - grady662@cs.com
In reply to:

jgross

Jan 19, 2011, 2:32 AM
Post #6 of 9 (3222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gmggg] Opening a gym... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gmggg's advice about the CWA Summit conference is bang on. I attended 2 years ago before deciding to open my gym, and learned a hell of a lot.

Depending on how much work your building needs apart from the climbing walls themselves, and how much of the wall construction you plan to do yourself, $200,000 might be a skimpy budget

guangzhou

Jan 19, 2011, 4:13 AM
Post #7 of 9 (3185 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgross] Opening a gym... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgross wrote:
gmggg's advice about the CWA Summit conference is bang on. I attended 2 years ago before deciding to open my gym, and learned a hell of a lot.

Depending on how much work your building needs apart from the climbing walls themselves, and how much of the wall construction you plan to do yourself, $200,000 might be a skimpy budget

I agree, either the wall or the building could end up costing that much. That is why I'm asking all the questions.

jt512

Jan 19, 2011, 6:42 PM
Post #8 of 9 (3122 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Opening a gym... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
Assuming your site is a basic rectangle, your building is roughly 1300 by 2600 feet?

1300 ft × 2600 ft = 3,380,000 sq ft

Jay

jomagam

Jan 19, 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #9 of 9 (3115 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Opening a gym... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
Assuming your site is a basic rectangle, your building is roughly 1300 by 2600 feet?

1300 ft × 2600 ft = 3,380,000 sq ft

Jay

Ha :-) And what's a "basic rectangle" ?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook