Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
approach/parking/general info
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

cryptonic

May 4, 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1016 views)
Shortcut

approach/parking/general info  (North_America: United_States: Connecticut: Central: Ragged_Mountain)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I would like to preface this with I have tried to do my research before asking here. I went as far as driving the hour and a half out there only to find that my crappy guide book told me to take a trail that was named something completely different than any i saw; after driving all over the area trying to find the magical parking it speaks of only be turned around 12 times. A nice waste of the first decent climbing day of the season

My questions are, where is the parking to start the approach and is there possibly a more descriptive answer other than follow <insert random named trail here> perhaps some landmarks or the like. i understand there are apparantly a few approaches but surely it can't be this hard to find (read i hope i am not this much of an idiot). Secondly, the book says there is plenty of trad and whatnot which is great but my concern is the 21 bolts throughout the cliff at the top of lines that it speaks of. I know CT is a boltless state so i am concerned about post lead on these "classic lines" of having adequate spot to build and anchor if they are that shoddy to begin with or if its just bad form to clip them anyways with my draws and make a toprope. Lastly is there any specifics in the composition of my rack?

Any help via PM, email, replies here, anything would be great.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook