Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

enigma

May 16, 2011, 5:12 AM
Post #26 of 65 (7005 views)
Shortcut

Re: [enigma] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

enigma wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:
I finally was bored enough to click on this thread after seeing the title for a month and thinking that it was a thread about climbing w/ longer nails.

I like getting mani/pedis, but climbing wrecks them. I wasn't really sure what there was to discuss though. My bad.

Great Idea-
My present to you night.
Topic Change- Your Thread

How do you keep your manicure and pedicure intact while climbing?

My hands and feet are a mess from climbing, I would like hear that too. Thank you

i hate you.

I already knew !

Drivel,
( As a consolation prize you can have any of my threads in the ladies room and be the new op.) Just p.m greenie and pick one!
Shine on .

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 16, 2011, 3:51 PM
Post #27 of 65 (6979 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:
I finally was bored enough to click on this thread after seeing the title for a month and thinking that it was a thread about climbing w/ longer nails.

I like getting mani/pedis, but climbing wrecks them. I wasn't really sure what there was to discuss though. My bad.

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

My hands and feet are a mess from climbing, I would like hear that too. Thank you

i hate you.

+1

These posts seem, um, well, um, rather catty.

I don't mean undeserved, just catty.

drivel

May 16, 2011, 4:04 PM
Post #28 of 65 (6973 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

don't worry, I still hate you, too.

clee03m

May 16, 2011, 5:37 PM
Post #29 of 65 (6956 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

I do find that rc.com is harsher than what I find in real climbing circles. Frost bite and no toenails, ouch!

My toenails look bad and my feet are rank after climbing. I'm too paranoid to go get a pedicure though. Seen too many infections needing sugery from them.

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 16, 2011, 8:23 PM
Post #30 of 65 (6938 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

I do find that rc.com is harsher than what I find in real climbing circles. Frost bite and no toenails, ouch!

My toenails look bad and my feet are rank after climbing. I'm too paranoid to go get a pedicure though. Seen too many infections needing sugery from them.

Now, not that I'm a big mani/pedi guy, but I'm struggling to get how a nip of nails, soak in salt water, and some pummising leads to infection. Or do I not want to know?

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 16, 2011, 8:25 PM
Post #31 of 65 (6934 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

don't worry, I still hate you, too.

The feeling is not mutual, and I hope you have a fantastic day.

dr_feelgood

May 16, 2011, 9:26 PM
Post #33 of 65 (6926 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

Now, not that I'm a big mani/pedi guy, but I'm struggling to get how a nip of nails, soak in salt water, and some pummising leads to infection. Or do I not want to know?

PM wonderwoman if you are curious.

enigma

May 16, 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #34 of 65 (6914 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clee03m] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

clee03m wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

Yes, I don't think they sterilize their tools , clippers, etc.
Some of those manicure and pedicure places, don't clean the foot baths soak tubs.
I have gotten infections on my toenails, that took months to go away.
However, You could bring your personal nail equipment and try to find a place where they clean those foot bath tubs.
You could still put nail and toepolish on and hope for the best.
I've seen some climbing women who seem to be able to keep the toepolish on, it looks pretty.
Realistically it does chip away during climbing and other activities.

enigma

May 16, 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #35 of 65 (6912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
clee03m wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

Dr.Feelgood, as for my haiku skills, I didn't think I was in English class, its the freaking internet!

I've lost a toenail a few times,( I thought they grew back naturally)
Ouch that must hurt !
So wonderwoman, knows the secret to making frostbitten toenails grow back quickly?

Wonderwoman please share , thanks.

dr_feelgood

May 17, 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #36 of 65 (6897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

enigma wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
clee03m wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

Dr.Feelgood, as for my haiku skills, I didn't think I was in English class, its the freaking internet!

Ouch that must hurt !
So wonderwoman, knows the secret to making frostbitten toenails grow back quickly?

I do not recall ever critiquing your Haiku skills.

wonderwoman

May 17, 2011, 2:20 AM
Post #37 of 65 (6884 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
enigma wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
clee03m wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

Ouch that must hurt !

For your viewing pleasure: My Safe Nail Salon Anti-Cootie Catcher:
http://www.bphc.org/...Cootie%20Catcher.pdf

Don't shave your legs within 24 hours of getting a pedicure and make sure you don't have any nicks or cuts on your feet or legs. In MA, there are not state regulations that they have to clean the foot baths. Ever. Also, our state regs allow the reuse of pumice stones on hundreds of people's feet. Yum. Other states probably have better regs, but still, consumers should beware.

Partner macherry

May 17, 2011, 2:56 AM
Post #38 of 65 (6863 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
enigma wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
clee03m wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
drivel wrote:
enigma wrote:
iamthewallress wrote:

Great Idea-
My present to you night.

i hate you.

+1

Ouch that must hurt !

For your viewing pleasure: My Safe Nail Salon Anti-Cootie Catcher:
http://www.bphc.org/...Cootie%20Catcher.pdf

Don't shave your legs within 24 hours of getting a pedicure and make sure you don't have any nicks or cuts on your feet or legs. In MA, there are not state regulations that they have to clean the foot baths. Ever. Also, our state regs allow the reuse of pumice stones on hundreds of people's feet. Yum. Other states probably have better regs, but still, consumers should beware.

sounds delightful

wiki

May 21, 2011, 5:43 AM
Post #39 of 65 (6751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmmm... having manicured toenails and even shaved legs/armpits is the sign of a woman who needs to have the approval of a man to feel self-worth. Seriously. Get over yourself. You are beautiful with hairy legs and ripped toenails... If your man doesn't get this... its his problem (you don't see HIM shaving HIS legs because it makes him look prettier)...

We have fought hard for the right to NOT shave our legs... why are you still doing it? (oh yeah, and the vote)

wonderwoman

May 23, 2011, 3:07 AM
Post #41 of 65 (6698 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wiki] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wiki wrote:
Hmmmm... having manicured toenails and even shaved legs/armpits is the sign of a woman who needs to have the approval of a man to feel self-worth. Seriously. Get over yourself. You are beautiful with hairy legs and ripped toenails... If your man doesn't get this... its his problem (you don't see HIM shaving HIS legs because it makes him look prettier)...

We have fought hard for the right to NOT shave our legs... why are you still doing it? (oh yeah, and the vote)

I do not agree. I follow my hygiene rituals for my own pleasure & personal preference. Be true to yourself & do what makes you feel comfortable & happy.

Having gone with unshaven underarms or several years, I happen to feel a lot cleaner once I busted out my razor again. We have choices, & don't need to judge one another on appearance because we're already being judged by so many men.

enigma

May 23, 2011, 4:30 AM
Post #42 of 65 (6693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wiki wrote:

You make a good point ! You don't have to shave your legs and have pedicured toenails to be beautiful!

wiki

May 23, 2011, 4:32 AM
Post #43 of 65 (6692 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
wiki wrote:

I do not agree. I follow my hygiene rituals for my own pleasure & personal preference. Be true to yourself & do what makes you feel comfortable & happy.

Having gone with unshaven underarms or several years, I happen to feel a lot cleaner once I busted out my razor again. We have choices, & don't need to judge one another on appearance because we're already being judged by so many men.

Hehe yeah sorry, that was a little bit ranty wasn't it? I didn't mean to come acroos that strongly, I don't really care what anyone else does... Sometimes I get a little bit fed up with the expectations put on women though... High-powered job, mother, partner, athlete AND spend time beautifying ouselves too?

spikeddem

May 30, 2011, 3:59 AM
Post #45 of 65 (6471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wiki wrote:
you don't see HIM shaving HIS legs because it makes him look prettier

Are you suggesting that men don't attempt to alter their appearance to please women? Trust me, if men thought women would be more physically attracted to them if they shaved their legs, they would.

granite_grrl

May 30, 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #46 of 65 (6461 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
wiki wrote:

Are you suggesting that men don't attempt to alter their appearance to please women? Trust me, if men thought women would be more physically attracted to them if they shaved their legs, they would.
I can't think of anything that men might do to make themselves more attractive that hold the same kind of stigma as a woman shaving her legs and armpits though (at least in North America).

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #47 of 65 (6460 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
wiki wrote:

I can't think of anything that men might do to make themselves more attractive that hold the same kind of stigma as a woman shaving her legs and armpits though (at least in North America).
Counter arguement - shaved armpits becoming more common in men. Visual proof via Tom Brady:

granite_grrl

May 30, 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #48 of 65 (6459 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
wiki wrote:

Counter arguement - shaved armpits becoming more common in men. Visual proof via Tom Brady:
[image]http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tom-brady-shaved-armpits.jpg[/image]
Not a counter point. No one, woman or man, would judge a guy who didn't shave his pits.

Toast_in_the_Machine

May 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #49 of 65 (6457 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Climbing Catwomen with Claws? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
wiki wrote:

Not a counter point. No one, woman or man, would judge a guy who didn't shave his pits.

Not yet anyways. The reason that that photo was quick for me to find was that that photo, along with this one:

Made sports talk yak for about 3 days. The fact that many national sports talk people felt obliged to comment on it speaks to the changing opinion of men and hair. The culture is shifting in such a way that in the "manly" wolrd of sports, shaving hair (not just 'manscaping' or eliminating the monobrow) are becomming common. Even a growing beard, is considered a slight act of rebellion from the cultural norm.

I was not in any way denying the powerful social norm that is women shaving, but more point out that it is going to men.

Partner macherry

May 30, 2011, 7:21 PM
Post #50 of 65 (6441 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brady looks likes he's squealing like a school girl down that water slide.

that is not attractive

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook