Forums: Climbing Information: General:
What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Learner

Jun 5, 2011, 6:49 PM
Post #1 of 18 (25570 views)
Shortcut

What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What is Chris Sharma's current height and weight? Also, please state your source(s).

I'm just curious, and I've gotten a lot of mixed results while surfing the internet. People claim his height is anywhere from 5'10" to 6'0" and his weight is anywhere from 160 to 176. To make things more interesting, in Best of the West (filmed in 2006) when he's talking about the Hueco bouldering area Chris himself says something like "I came here before as a scrony 120 pound kid. Now I come back at 150..."

I'm hoping that what can differentiate this discussion from the others is that in this one, posters will state their sources.

(This post was edited by Learner on Jun 5, 2011, 6:51 PM)

squierbypetzl

Jun 6, 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #2 of 18 (25451 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Learner] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dunno why you'd care. From the time I saw Sharma at a comp I'd say he's 6ft tall, no idea what he weighs but he looks heavier set than Dave Graham or Dani Andrade. He eats like a horse too.

Learner

Jun 6, 2011, 1:05 AM
Post #3 of 18 (25440 views)
Shortcut

What does Chris Sharma eat? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

squierbypetzl wrote:
Dunno why you'd care. From the time I saw Sharma at a comp I'd say he's 6ft tall, no idea what he weighs but he looks heavier set than Dave Graham or Dani Andrade. He eats like a horse too.

...and what does he eat?

Wink

(This post was edited by Learner on Jun 6, 2011, 1:06 AM)

squierbypetzl

Jun 6, 2011, 1:13 AM
Post #4 of 18 (25424 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Learner] What does Chris Sharma eat? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually, I do remember. Basically it was a big greasy ham+chicken+tomatoe+3 cheese? sandwich (say 8"x5"x4") from a street vendor...

He spent a couple of days sick to his stomach.

Learner

Jun 6, 2011, 1:19 AM
Post #5 of 18 (25415 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] What does Chris Sharma eat? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

squierbypetzl wrote:
Actually, I do remember. Basically it was a big greasy ham+chicken+tomatoe+3 cheese? sandwich (say 8"x5"x4") from a street vendor...

He spent a couple of days sick to his stomach.

Laugh Thanks for sharing!

...and what do you think he weighed? (Before and after the sandwich, please.)

(This post was edited by Learner on Jun 6, 2011, 1:20 AM)

squierbypetzl

Jun 6, 2011, 1:26 AM
Post #6 of 18 (25402 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Learner] What does Chris Sharma eat? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Go on 8.nu and ask one of his exes?

matterunomama

Jun 6, 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #7 of 18 (25205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] What does Chris Sharma eat? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I would say 6 feet (source: personal observation). I would say weight is just right (avid personal observation).
NIIIIce lookin' boy. (personal opinion)

rtwilli4

Jun 6, 2011, 11:24 PM
Post #8 of 18 (25197 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm 6ft 155 and he seemed bigger and taller than me. Maybe it's 'cuz his head is so big?

He'd definitely at least in the 170's... big guy compared to other 5.15 climbers.

Partner abe_ascends

Jun 6, 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #9 of 18 (25182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Learner wrote:
What is Chris Sharma's current height and weight? ...

Are you most interested in his weight before or after a good BM? Pirate

rangerrob

Jun 13, 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #10 of 18 (24937 views)
Shortcut

Re: [abe_ascends] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

This screams stalker to me

climber49er

Jun 13, 2011, 4:05 PM
Post #11 of 18 (24861 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rangerrob] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

/me wonderz why u carez?

jh_angel

Jun 13, 2011, 4:44 PM
Post #12 of 18 (24839 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rtwilli4 wrote:
I'm 6ft 155 and he seemed bigger and taller than me. Maybe it's 'cuz his head is so big?

He'd definitely at least in the 170's... big guy compared to other 5.15 climbers.

Yeah, I'm 6' and about 150, and he was noticeably taller than me. I'd guess about 6'2". Can't say for sure about the weight, but 170-180 seems like it'd be close.

flesh

Jun 15, 2011, 6:41 PM
Post #13 of 18 (24697 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jh_angel] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

according to my friend who was competing with sharma at a comp 2 years ago and asked him his height weight. It is 6 foot 1 inch, weight fluctuates from 156-166

This seems accurate, almost all top climbers have very low body fat. ALso, with low body fat they look very cut/strong. Because of this they weigh less then it looks like. The guys at my gym don't believe me that i'm 6 0 154, because it looks like i have alot of muscle, but I have skinny legs and around 6% body fat.

One of my friends boulder v13 and he is 6 1, 158-163 lbs

Learner

Jun 15, 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #14 of 18 (24673 views)
Shortcut

Re: [flesh] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
according to my friend who was competing with sharma at a comp 2 years ago and asked him his height weight. It is 6 foot 1 inch, weight fluctuates from 156-166

This seems accurate, almost all top climbers have very low body fat. ALso, with low body fat they look very cut/strong. Because of this they weigh less then it looks like. The guys at my gym don't believe me that i'm 6 0 154, because it looks like i have alot of muscle, but I have skinny legs and around 6% body fat.

Good info, thanks!

If any of you are wondering why I asked this, at a gym I go to, there tends to be some discussion about different climbers' height, weight, reach, etc... People at the gym do realize that good climbers come in all different shapes and sizes (compare Adam Ondra to Chris Sharma, for example), that both physical and mental techique and skill are most important, and that when it comes to how much muscle to carry, it all depends on your pound-for-pound strength-to-muscle weight return relative to what is needed for climbing. Still, anthropometrics does frequently pop up as a topic. It usually comes up when someone fails to make a reach and blames their reach, or their anaerobic endurance tops out and they blame their weight, or a climber contemplates whether or not he/she needs to drop some weight and whether or not this would help their climbing, etc....

Apparently some climbers are interested in comparing their own height and weight to other climbers, despite realizing that you can succeed in any size/shape. Not surprising.

(This post was edited by Learner on Jun 15, 2011, 8:15 PM)

enigma

Jun 16, 2011, 9:59 AM
Post #15 of 18 (24575 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Learner wrote:
flesh wrote:

Good info, thanks!

If any of you are wondering why I asked this, at a gym I go to, there tends to be some discussion about different climbers' height, weight, reach, etc... People at the gym do realize that good climbers come in all different shapes and sizes (compare Adam Ondra to Chris Sharma, for example), that both physical and mental techique and skill are most important, and that when it comes to how much muscle to carry, it all depends on your pound-for-pound strength-to-muscle weight return relative to what is needed for climbing. Still, anthropometrics does frequently pop up as a topic. It usually comes up when someone fails to make a reach and blames their reach, or their anaerobic endurance tops out and they blame their weight, or a climber contemplates whether or not he/she needs to drop some weight and whether or not this would help their climbing, etc....

Apparently some climbers are interested in comparing their own height and weight to other climbers, despite realizing that you can succeed in any size/shape. Not surprising.

However no one is mentioning any other physical details! Blush

Learner

Jun 16, 2011, 3:05 PM
Post #16 of 18 (24544 views)
Shortcut

Re: [enigma] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

enigma wrote:
Learner wrote:
flesh wrote:

Good info, thanks!

However no one is mentioning any other physical details! Blush
You have a wide array of interests, you're pretty, and you climb hard. I think you're pretty sexy, enigma Wink

(This post was edited by Learner on Jun 16, 2011, 3:11 PM)

aprice00

Jun 16, 2011, 3:32 PM
Post #17 of 18 (24527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

Learner wrote:
You have a wide array of interests, you're pretty, and you climb hard. I think you're pretty sexy, enigma Wink

For posterity

bahahahaha

flesh

Jun 22, 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #18 of 18 (24313 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aprice00] What is Chris Sharma's Height and Weight? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

aprice00 wrote:
Learner wrote:

For posterity

bahahahaha

seriously

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook