Forums: Climbing Information: General:
If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

areyoumydude

Jun 30, 2011, 6:55 PM
Post #28 of 48 (2612 views)
Shortcut

Re: [areyoumydude] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

areyoumydude wrote:
shimanilami wrote:
Majid - is that you?

PTFTW?

WTF?

Diphthong

Jun 30, 2011, 6:55 PM
Post #29 of 48 (2611 views)
Shortcut

Re: [areyoumydude] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WTF? How was my first post condeming PTFTWs not relevant? It was certainly of as high 'class' as anything else in this thread.

Diphthong

Jun 30, 2011, 6:56 PM
Post #30 of 48 (2609 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

areyoumydude wrote:
areyoumydude wrote:
shimanilami wrote:
Majid - is that you?

PTFTW?

WTF?

Attachments: PTFTW.JPG (96.3 KB)

areyoumydude

Jun 30, 2011, 6:58 PM
Post #31 of 48 (2605 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Diphthong] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
areyoumydude wrote:
areyoumydude wrote:
shimanilami wrote:
Majid - is that you?

PTFTW?

WTF?

Weird?

(This post was edited by areyoumydude on Jun 30, 2011, 6:58 PM)

Partner macherry

Jun 30, 2011, 7:10 PM
Post #32 of 48 (2597 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
beachrock wrote:
I'd also like to thank macherry for his/her helpful comment and the mods for tolerating bullying on this forum

Macherry is a mod, sadly. I would suggest PMing *click here* >>DDT << *click here* and reporting her unacceptable behavior. Hopefully he will see fit to ban her for a few weeks, or atleast de-mod her.

Too late. Ma ain't a mod anymore.

But you can now call for the banz hammer for her.

Oh, thats right. I suppose the best we can hope for is a good long ban then.

bring it on

ddt pm'd

Partner macherry

Jun 30, 2011, 7:11 PM
Post #33 of 48 (2594 views)
Shortcut

Re: [beachrock] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

beachrock wrote:
I posted a thread recently where I wrote down the following:

"
In reply to:
I wear a pair of disposable $4 rubber gloves which I really like because they make my hands stick to the rocks like glue...."

A user who goes by the name of "macherry" responded with the following:

In reply to:
troll

or a fucking idiot

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...rum.cgi?post=2512267

Here is a pic of the gloves I was referring to:
[IMG]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9052/yhst2449877314823721642.jpg[/IMG]

Those gloves are very good for the type of "rock climbing" that I do, which as I mentioned in another thread, consists of climbing beach rocks, some of which are high enough that a fall from them would probably amount to death or a serious injury.

Yes, I understand that the type of climbing that I do is very "childish" compared to the type of serious, vertical rock climbing most of you do, and trust me I envy your athletic abilities, but I do what I can given my body type and just hope that one day I'll be at a level where I can at least tackle "easy" vertical rock climbing routes.

I, however, still stand by what I said and I think those gloves are very good for the type of rock climbing that I do.

I'd also like to thank macherry for his/her helpful comment and the mods for tolerating bullying on this forum

stop whining.

troll

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 30, 2011, 8:10 PM
Post #34 of 48 (2559 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
beachrock wrote:

Macherry is a mod, sadly. I would suggest PMing *click here* >>DDT << *click here* and reporting her unacceptable behavior. Hopefully he will see fit to ban her for a few weeks, or atleast de-mod her.

Too late. Ma ain't a mod anymore.

But you can now call for the banz hammer for her.

Oh, thats right. I suppose the best we can hope for is a good long ban then.

bring it on

ddt pm'd

Whooo! Love the attitude!

sungam

Jul 1, 2011, 3:58 PM
Post #35 of 48 (2482 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule...
[image]http://www.mountainz.co.nz/content/article/news/picture/170609_news09A_1.jpg[/image]
I'm thinking Ulvetanna? Or Holtanna?

sbaclimber

Jul 1, 2011, 7:49 PM
Post #36 of 48 (2447 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
[image]http://www.mountainz.co.nz/content/article/news/picture/170609_news09A_1.jpg[/image]
No clue, it wasn't the pic I was actually searching for (from a DVD I saw about 6 yrs ago), but still fit the bill.

swoopee

Jul 2, 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #37 of 48 (2415 views)
Shortcut

Re: [beachrock] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I climbed with a guy that wore safety glasses and surgical gloves, once.

Rudmin

Jul 2, 2011, 2:06 PM
Post #38 of 48 (2389 views)
Shortcut

Re: [swoopee] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Saw this on MP. Definitive proof I think.

sungam

Jul 2, 2011, 2:14 PM
Post #39 of 48 (2387 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
No clue, it wasn't the pic I was actually searching for (from a DVD I saw about 6 yrs ago), but still fit the bill.
Yerp, it was Ulvetanna. Mr Huber.

yanqui

Jul 2, 2011, 3:39 PM
Post #40 of 48 (2363 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Try this for soothing relief:

puravida9539

Jul 2, 2011, 4:23 PM
Post #41 of 48 (2354 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:

They used that pic in the most recent issue of backpacker magazine

sungam

Jul 4, 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #42 of 48 (2300 views)
Shortcut

Re: [puravida9539] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

puravida9539 wrote:
sungam wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:

They used that pic in the most recent issue of backpacker magazine
That's kinda funny.

bergbryce

Jul 6, 2011, 1:48 AM
Post #43 of 48 (2251 views)
Shortcut

Re: [essay] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've used that type of rubber lined glove for ice climbing in warmer temps. Actually worked great, incredible dexterity but not very warm.

To the OP, you can probably find some legitimate rock routes to climb, they aren't all overhung and hard. There are lots of fat older guys who climb too.

If you're climbing on beach rocks without a rope, you're more likely to get hurt or die due to some of the rock breaking off or something. Get on the partner finder and find someone to go climbing with. And leave the gloves at home.

Code

jaystory

Jul 6, 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #44 of 48 (2193 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting. I have never seen rock climbing gloves, but now that you mention it, why not? I mean there was the great evolution of climbing when climbing shoes came out. Most of this post is not very serious, so I don't mean to disrupt the fun, but why not a serious climbing glove. I for one have trouble on some slopers and cracks definitely chew my hands up. If it were all up to sensitivity then we'd all be climbing barefoot. Maybe a climbing glove just hasn't been developed yet that solves problems.

Diphthong

Jul 6, 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #45 of 48 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jaystory] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jaystory wrote:
Interesting. I have never seen rock climbing gloves, but now that you mention it, why not? I mean there was the great evolution of climbing when climbing shoes came out. Most of this post is not very serious, so I don't mean to disrupt the fun, but why not a serious climbing glove. I for one have trouble on some slopers and cracks definitely chew my hands up. If it were all up to sensitivity then we'd all be climbing barefoot. Maybe a climbing glove just hasn't been developed yet that solves problems.

It'd be cool if they could put little hooks on the gloves that wrap around and latch onto small holds. Crimpers just tire my little fingers out to the point where they can't hold on anymore.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jul 6, 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #46 of 48 (2172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jaystory] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

U r using the wrong tape:
http://www.technologyreview.com/...rticle.aspx?id=21990

jaystory

Jul 6, 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #47 of 48 (2165 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I'm definitely using the wrong tape :) Thanks for posting that article. I haven't been keeping up with that development. I saw a show several years ago on how the Gecko manages it's amazing climbing feats.

ChivaLRy

Jul 7, 2011, 3:52 AM
Post #48 of 48 (2123 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Diphthong] If a person uses these gloves for climbing, is he an idiot, a ****ing troll, or both? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
jaystory wrote:

It'd be cool if they could put little hooks on the gloves that wrap around and latch onto small holds. Crimpers just tire my little fingers out to the point where they can't hold on anymore.

Like "Rock Velcro"!!!!! I got the copyright on that just so everybody knows..... SlyWink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook