Forums: Community: Campground:
Dear Asshole - a short rant
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

celticelement

Jul 26, 2011, 2:52 AM
Post #126 of 298 (4882 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binrat] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Some people are strange about dogs, don't like em, scared of em, whatever. Not sure if there is anything to help with this. Though if you project fear dogs can pick it up. If you project calm there are very few dogs you will have a problem with. Even if they are aggressive idiot dogs you can usually get them to back down if you project that you are boss. But you need to believe it before they will. Many dogs have owners that let the dog boss them so the dog isn't used to being controlled. Maybe there should be some sort of test before people are allowed to own predators as pets.

Some dog owners are strange. Bringing a dog and leaving it alone 'guarding' your pack in a crowded place... Seems obvious there will be some trouble. Maybe if you are going to set up next to a dog you could go see if you can make friends before setting up. I am not sure you have more of a 'right' to be there then the dog even if it is grouchy. I mean we sometimes mess up other people's day leaving chalk on rocks or bolts or bits of webbing on fixed pieces which many may not like but we somehow get along anyway. Its not a perfect world and you will not be perfectly comfortable.

I like dogs a lot. Big dogs that is. I have never liked little annoying ankle biter idiot dog-like things.

I did a section of the AT this summer close to 280 miles in the south. I saw a lot of dogs in the woods. I never had any problems with them, even the idiot dogs. I did see a drama piece when someone startled a dog, dog barked, person was scared then told owner he would kill dog... owner told scared guy if scared guy killed dog then owner would kill scared guy. I didn't see the scared guy again.

Meh I don't know though... people go out into the woods and mountains to get away from it all. But instead they bring 'it' with them. Lots of anger and fear built up inside. Find another way to let it out.

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 3:57 AM
Post #127 of 298 (4863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Hey brah,

The next time your dog charges me and bites me in the leg, ill cut your fucking toprope.

Keep your mutt on a leash, we don't need him shitting all over the crag either.

Ya got me?
Which crag??

Metcalfe - there was a group of 6 of them... 8 if you count the dog and the baby.

I heard them say they're from Orangeville though.

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 4:00 AM
Post #128 of 298 (4858 views)
Shortcut

Re: [celticelement] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have 4 dogs here at home, from ankle biting 6lbs to beastly 90lbs so I'm not afraid.

JoeHamilton

Jul 26, 2011, 4:06 AM
Post #129 of 298 (4853 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ahhh, you know we ain't getting too far hear. Katessa , Screw it get a gun permit. One of the best constitutional rite we have in the states is the right to bear arms. It supper seeds the right to free Speech. How you might ask ? with a gun you can say whatever you frigging want with out anyone talking back when looking down a barrel.next time a dog bites you, shoot the owner and his friends and bring the dog to the animal rescue league .... THIS IS A JOKE ,PLEASE DONT TAKE IT FOR REAL . BTW the above post was very true and spot on .

sungam

Jul 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #130 of 298 (4831 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JoeHamilton] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

JoeHamilton wrote:
ahhh, you know we ain't getting too far hear. Katessa , Screw it get a gun permit. One of the best constitutional rite we have in the states is the right to bear arms.
Yeah, K doesn't live in the USA, dudebrohamski. She lives in Ontario, it says so right over her avatar.

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #131 of 298 (4817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

JoeHamilton wrote:
ahhh, you know we ain't getting too far hear. Katessa , Screw it get a gun permit. One of the best constitutional rite we have in the states is the right to bear arms. It supper seeds the right to free Speech. How you might ask ? with a gun you can say whatever you frigging want with out anyone talking back when looking down a barrel.next time a dog bites you, shoot the owner and his friends and bring the dog to the animal rescue league .... THIS IS A JOKE ,PLEASE DONT TAKE IT FOR REAL . BTW the above post was very true and spot on .

Obviously I can't take that post seriously, you need not remind me.

Between your inability to differentiate between "Hear" and "Here" and your total lack of skills in spelling my name (though its written right there for you!).

Toss in the fact that you cant read that I'm not from your gooey little centre of the universe and I know you're out to lunch.

Btw: What above post? There's over 100 of them.

rsmillbern

Jul 26, 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #132 of 298 (4815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A bit off topic. but..
In the Alps (Germany/Austria) it is not uncommon to see signs that warn that dogs not in direct control of the owners will be shot... The hunters take dogs chasing game very seriously..

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #133 of 298 (4814 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
JoeHamilton wrote:
ahhh, you know we ain't getting too far hear. Katessa , Screw it get a gun permit. One of the best constitutional rite we have in the states is the right to bear arms.
Yeah, K doesn't live in the USA, dudebrohamski. She lives in Ontario, it says so right over her avatar.

Man, imagine if it was a contitutional RITE to bear arms!

Can we dance naked around the fire, brandishing .22s?

celticelement

Jul 26, 2011, 1:15 PM
Post #134 of 298 (4804 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

.22s... hell that's just a peashooter. That's one step up from a BB gun. That's what you take when you don't want to spend money on real ammunition.

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 1:26 PM
Post #135 of 298 (4792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My mistake...

... get me my 50 cal desert eagle

celticelement

Jul 26, 2011, 1:49 PM
Post #136 of 298 (4783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There you go... and if you don't break your wrist with the recoil you can even fire a second shot!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FuN4XbU4f0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqOeDW5wu_E

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 2:12 PM
Post #137 of 298 (4771 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not only would i not break my wrist, I could probably high some sickly tight groupings.

JoeHamilton

Jul 26, 2011, 2:18 PM
Post #138 of 298 (4763 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya,ya,ya . in the states kinda obvious, the post above yours before I replied again kinda obvious

dumbsocrates

Jul 26, 2011, 2:23 PM
Post #139 of 298 (4760 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rsmillbern] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rsmillbern wrote:
A bit off topic. but..
In the Alps (Germany/Austria) it is not uncommon to see signs that warn that dogs not in direct control of the owners will be shot... The hunters take dogs chasing game very seriously..

I heard that in Germany it is illegal to leave a dog locked up in the house? Is that true?

(This post was edited by dumbsocrates on Jul 26, 2011, 2:24 PM)

sungam

Jul 26, 2011, 2:24 PM
Post #140 of 298 (4756 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Not only would i not break my wrist, I could probably high some sickly tight groupings.
For those of you who don't know, this is K:

Not sure if this will work, but here is a video of me shooting a snub nosed .44 Magnum with .44 special rounds, then with the .44magnum rounds.
http://www.facebook.com/....php?v=1918366275594

rsmillbern

Jul 26, 2011, 2:45 PM
Post #141 of 298 (4740 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dumbsocrates] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dumbsocrates wrote:
rsmillbern wrote:
A bit off topic. but..

I heard that in Germany it is illegal to leave a dog locked up in the house? Is that true?

Can't say as I don't have a dog, but people do take there dogs a lot more places (i.e. shopping, restaurants, ect...) and people are generally more tolerant of dogs than kids here...

sbaclimber

Jul 26, 2011, 2:59 PM
Post #142 of 298 (4728 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dumbsocrates] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dumbsocrates wrote:
rsmillbern wrote:
A bit off topic. but..

Not as I read it...no:
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/...2770972BJNG000203377

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Jul 26, 2011, 3:00 PM)

dumbsocrates

Jul 26, 2011, 3:07 PM
Post #143 of 298 (4717 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
dumbsocrates wrote:
rsmillbern wrote:
A bit off topic. but..

Not as I read it...no:
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/...2770972BJNG000203377

One more language I should've learned: the one of the enemy Blush

binrat

Jul 26, 2011, 3:10 PM
Post #144 of 298 (4712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Hey brah,

The next time your dog charges me and bites me in the leg, ill cut your fucking toprope.

Ya got me?
Which crag??

Metcalfe - there was a group of 6 of them... 8 if you count the dog and the baby.

Metcafle is turning into Rattlesnake north.
There's been people taking chains off of anchors because they thought it didn't belong there. Unfortunately thats my "home" crag.
There is a Guiding company who has 2-5 dogs with them everytime they go out that are there daily. Unsure

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 3:13 PM
Post #145 of 298 (4711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Hey brah,

Ya got me?
Which crag??

There's been people taking chains off of anchors because they thought it didn't belong there. Unfortunately thats my "home" crag.
There is a Guiding company who has 2-5 dogs with them everytime they go out that are there daily. Unsure

Its the only easily accessed sport crag with easy routes within day-trip distance of Toronto.

I've only been a handful of times, but each trip makes me more and more pissed off at the climbing "community" in Ontario.

gmggg

Jul 26, 2011, 3:46 PM
Post #146 of 298 (4694 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

JoeHamilton wrote:
WOW you would judge a person by what dog they own . You would also make this judgement because of a stereotype that you probably only know of from news reals . REALLY ?

It's "news reels" and no, they don't exist anymore.

Partner cracklover

Jul 26, 2011, 4:01 PM
Post #147 of 298 (4683 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's always funny how threads like these bring out the dog apologists. Like this:

dumbsocrates wrote:
<her dog talking> But once in a while I will bark at approaching strangers, because she is hot and I'm being naturally protective (that's probably why she feeds me). </her dog talking>
I love that narcissism disguised as humor, too!

And then there's this one:
celticelement wrote:
<snip tons of blaming the victim>I am not sure you have more of a 'right' to be there then the dog even if it is grouchy.

Yeah, I have no right to go to a climbing area and climb there. Because you're a dick and you left your poor dog, who's freaked out at being left alone while you climb out of sight, seemingly in danger to yourself from it's perspective. So understandably your poor pup is nervous about his territory and his master and is going to react very poorly, and you're never even going to see it.

But you think that's cool.

It's not. It's the equivalent to taking your five year old and chaining him to a parking meter in a crowded place and walking away. He's scared and can't understand what you're doing and why he can't go with you and what's happening, and unlike your five year old, he can't even understand if you try to explain it.

If you can't be with your dog, and it gets nervous when you leave it alone, believe me, it's happier, and so is everyone else at the crag, if you leave your dog at home.

GO

granite_grrl

Jul 26, 2011, 4:25 PM
Post #148 of 298 (4669 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Hey brah,

Ya got me?
Which crag??

Wow, talk about unprofessional....but that really shouldn't surprise me, should it. Unsure

Kartessa

Jul 26, 2011, 5:07 PM
Post #149 of 298 (4647 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Dear Asshole - a short rant [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
binrat wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Hey brah,

Ya got me?
Which crag??

Wow, talk about unprofessional....but that really shouldn't surprise me, should it. Unsure
What company is that?

6pacfershur

Jul 26, 2011, 6:08 PM
Post #150 of 298 (4620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

there are few topics more controversial than dogs at the crags (or dogs on the trail for skiers and boarders): i notice how most of the suggestions are punative, hostile and would escalate the conflict: positive communication skills go a long way..........oh, and please excuse any spelling or grammar errors

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook