Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Seeking Info on Saddleback In Lake Louise Area on Mount Fairview
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

wongpong

Aug 19, 2011, 3:58 AM
Post #1 of 3 (3299 views)
Shortcut

Seeking Info on Saddleback In Lake Louise Area on Mount Fairview  (North_America: Canada: Alberta: Banff-Lake_Louise)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Any info on the 3 climb on the south east face of Mount Fairview would be a appreciated. these climb are located close to Lake louise AB. these climb look super Rad but with limited trad experience, i want to make sure I 'm not trying to bite more than i can.

Trad Anchor?
Descent?
experience?
Grades (the 10B, 10C climb) sustained?

Thank you!!Wink

(This post was edited by wongpong on Aug 19, 2011, 4:24 AM)

brews

Aug 19, 2011, 9:49 PM
Post #2 of 3 (3273 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wongpong] Seeking Info on Saddleback In Lake Louise Area on Mount Fairview [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Did "screams from the balcony" a couple years ago. The .11b crux pitch at the top is amazing. Overhanging generally big holds with mostly bolts for pro. Generally the route gets better and less scary as you get higher. The "4th" class at the bottom is definately worth roping up for. The first pitch had a hard first move over a roof (not that hard once you find the hold) and then a long corner with a lot of broken sometimes loose rock. Fixed anchors but you need 2 ropes to rappel the route (recommended descent).
"toys in the attic" is the other route there that is reportedly good but a sandbag (at least the crux) so be prepared.
Used to be more info on the banff rock site but now I only see the SFTB info: http://www.banffrock.ca/pdfs/Screams%20From%20The%20Balcony.pdf

The approach takes a while if you don't know where you're going, so get an early start.

wongpong

Aug 19, 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #3 of 3 (3267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brews] Seeking Info on Saddleback In Lake Louise Area on Mount Fairview [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the info. glad to know that the 11b is bolted

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook