Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

imnotclever

Aug 24, 2011, 7:06 PM
Post #80151 of 105309 (4299 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

but not for long.

meatbomz

Aug 24, 2011, 7:07 PM
Post #80152 of 105309 (4299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:
Damn, so, one of our .3 camalutz is fucked. The spring either broke, or became detached from the hole that connects it into the inside lobe. Coincidentally, there was just a thread on the prodge from some dude that had the same problem on the same piece.

Anyway, sent a futile email to BD on the off chance that they could repair it, which I'm doubting since all their shit just comes from China now.

The piece is still semi-usable; the gimpy lobe just stays in about a 40% retracted position, and will retract further, but just won't open all the way. I'll probably keep using it as a backup piece until it breaks all the way or gets stuck, whichever comes first.

We still have another .3 c4, two Metolius TCUs, one c3, and some old Hugh Banner in that size, which will be enough for all the tips carcks this fall, I think.

That thar be green alien land.

Yup. Just waiting for disfall when the resurrected Aliens are available. We need the black, blue, green, yellow, and red!

Black and blue are ok, but I think other cams might be better in those sizes. They don't have the internal cam springs in the lobes, and so those two are wider than a green alien, a real negative in those tiny sizes. I have them and they work, but I think I'd rather go c3 or even tcu in those tiny sizes.

and i want a grey C3.

dang. mist the pt. is the grey the 00 or the 000?

yeah, 00 is purple, and we're already buddies. theoretically, both are aid pieces, but I'd totally fall on the purple guy.

Durp. Well, I don't know that I'm excited to fall on the perple, but I keep it racked. I dunno, maybe it's mental, but the gray looks so much more delicate to me. I really wouldn't wuntz to fall on it.

I watched clikker take repeated 30'ers on his purple TCU at the T-wall. Made my anoose pucker.

purple C3 is smaller than the murple petolius.

this is true: purple C3 = grey Metolius.

It has been well established that purple gear is stronger than other non-purple gear, everything else being equal.

imnotclever

Aug 24, 2011, 7:08 PM
Post #80153 of 105309 (4298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

this thing is way to slow for me to go back and find a post to delete. You keep the ptftw, this tyme!

Diphthong

Aug 24, 2011, 7:53 PM
Post #80154 of 105309 (4280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:
Damn, so, one of our .3 camalutz is fucked. The spring either broke, or became detached from the hole that connects it into the inside lobe. Coincidentally, there was just a thread on the prodge from some dude that had the same problem on the same piece.

Anyway, sent a futile email to BD on the off chance that they could repair it, which I'm doubting since all their shit just comes from China now.

The piece is still semi-usable; the gimpy lobe just stays in about a 40% retracted position, and will retract further, but just won't open all the way. I'll probably keep using it as a backup piece until it breaks all the way or gets stuck, whichever comes first.

We still have another .3 c4, two Metolius TCUs, one c3, and some old Hugh Banner in that size, which will be enough for all the tips carcks this fall, I think.

Yup. Just waiting for disfall when the resurrected Aliens are available. We need the black, blue, green, yellow, and red!

Black and blue are ok, but I think other cams might be better in those sizes. They don't have the internal cam springs in the lobes, and so those two are wider than a green alien, a real negative in those tiny sizes. I have them and they work, but I think I'd rather go c3 or even tcu in those tiny sizes.

and i want a grey C3.

yeah, 00 is purple, and we're already buddies. theoretically, both are aid pieces, but I'd totally fall on the purple guy.

Durp. Well, I don't know that I'm excited to fall on the perple, but I keep it racked. I dunno, maybe it's mental, but the gray looks so much more delicate to me. I really wouldn't wuntz to fall on it.

I watched clikker take repeated 30'ers on his purple TCU at the T-wall. Made my anoose pucker.

should have figured owt a way to get that thing to pop owt.

I've got one of the WC zeros I could donate for klikker to bomb onto.

Whoa, you climb? Me too!

Would you label yourself more a Sport or a Trad climber?

Partner camhead

Aug 24, 2011, 7:59 PM
Post #80155 of 105309 (4276 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Diphthong] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
camhead wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

Whoa, you climb? Me too!

You know, I'm finding that more and more people are labeling themselves that way!

snoopy138

Aug 24, 2011, 9:34 PM
Post #80156 of 105309 (4263 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
camhead wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

Whoa, you climb? Me too!

i'm above labels, brah.

snoopy138

Aug 24, 2011, 9:35 PM
Post #80157 of 105309 (4259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
camhead wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

Whoa, you climb? Me too!

i'm above labels, brah.

I just like climbing, man.

chossmonkey

Aug 24, 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #80158 of 105309 (4235 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Best mark my spot with something very visible so i don't skim by it.

chossmonkey

Aug 24, 2011, 11:31 PM
Post #80159 of 105309 (4232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
kachoong wrote:
Wow! Much dramz!! I'm sitting at the lodge, charging my stuff, drinking beers, crying the real tears that its all over and the klown has left....alive with the terrierist. But maybe the Mole Star will in fact blow up on the decent and run him oft the rode.

It's true... I bombzed on the main wall decent, but Donny figures are perhaps inflated. I rolled my ankle, into a nose dive, with dial bag swinging me into the abyss...rolled once and fell about 20 ft on 80% slope, caught bushes and dirt, preventing another 80 feet to the talus. Thanks Jack, for your cunning plan. FoPo and Clikker almost met similar demises....alas Jack needed more luck.

Klown and I did haystack. I lead first two pitches, overshooting the belay by 100 feet, making him simulations 30 ft. We continued our simul on Knapsack crack, which I may go solo later.

Many spiritual crimes are on my camera including video...evidence that fopo can crank, jack can paint, louie is a super dog, dribble can trad climb, klamhead can make a funny and much more!

Going past a belay by 100' is not overshooting. You were in the zone or something.

Also I was impressed by Mo aswell - my first time climbing with her. That overhung handcarck she zent was hard.
Mo does pretty dang well.
The whole week was a game of grab ass that Donny won. I can't wait to see the video of him 'helping' me start up Traveler's Buttress.
That man just can't keep his hands to himself!

jeluz! I've grabbed just about everyone in the BET's ass up to this point. Snoppy and Drivel are missing out so far.

Did you grab my ass Donny?

I have and ass. Did you grab mine?

chossmonkey

Aug 24, 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #80160 of 105309 (4232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
epoch wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
hopefully it's been a busy day for the helicopters at the Leap.

and not because evanwish broke his ankle again and doesn't want to hobble out the 5 minutes from hogsback.

Well, someone did get choppered out on saturday after cratering from the line.

yes, so I heard.

any reportz uv zendage/fialure?

Dawg took his girlfriend on a nature hike (Surrealistic Pillar) on the lower buttress which turned into a 5-hour benighted epic ending around midnight.

oh ... I heard about arrival from a 300' 5.7 that started at 7. I assumed 7 AM - 11 PM for CC or Bear's Reach.
7PM. It wasn't that bad. What was entertaining was the drunkard search party that appeared as we were strolling down the trail. I think they had everything ready to climb except for beer and a rope. Dremmel had his harness with a few slings, Doc had his IV kit and everyone else was there for moral support.

Well, except for Jak. He went to sleep before this happened. I presume he understood that we were adults and could fend for ourselves.

We were actually concerned that your girlfriend had frozen up and couldn't move. Five hours to finish 100' of 5.7 climbing? We didn't give a fuck about you but your judgment and ability to get her safely off were the question.

You can play it off like everything was all in fun but it was shitty that we couldn't just hang out around the campfire on the first day we were all there. You know what would have been awesome? If you had actually taken the numerous hints that we didn't want you there in the first place.

That's pretty fucking harsh, especially since you really don't know me despite having chances to get to know me. We had headlamps; we explicitly stated so, and knew that we were likely going to use them, thank you for your concern it shows that despite the facade of hatred that you really do care. At any point she knew she could call it and we would head down. I was prepared to bail at any point.

You're being a dick. It's duly noted.

Sometimes the best approach is humility, as in apologizing that your intent for an extra long day was not properly communicated and sorry that it effected their night.....just saying.

It was an impressive display of ineptitude. I almost admire dawg's willingness to claim it was somehow intentional to drag a new climber up a rock hours after dark.

And then follow up that performance with another showstopper on Corrugation.
Well, it was intentional. He said so himself, and they brought headlamps.

Smart, OTOH....

Worth noting that Jay was the only one who invited me to the shindig. He's a good dude.

Um, you quit us as I recall.

That's why it was so nice of him to invite me. Laugh

He can't quit you?

chossmonkey

Aug 24, 2011, 11:55 PM
Post #80161 of 105309 (4224 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Oh yeah, and I wuntz mah blue camalot back!

Give the gear back Dan!Mad
That does suck. Sorry about your bluey! Hope it shows up someplace.

The meat up was fucking grate. Many climbs were climbed. Many hikes were hiked. Jack slipped up once and called his trekking pole a cane. I felt like I was going to fall of the Main Wall ledge many times. I wanted to cuddle the terrierist, but was repeatedly rebuffed. Peeps have talked about a lot of stuff already, I will chime in to say that the shirts are sweet! Cutting stencils is fun. Also, the nailers shirt should be one of the pink ones. For gayness. Like mine.

Where the fuck is my t-shirt?

Thats Dribble's shirt.

snoopy138

Aug 24, 2011, 11:55 PM
Post #80162 of 105309 (4224 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
epoch wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
epoch wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
hopefully it's been a busy day for the helicopters at the Leap.

and not because evanwish broke his ankle again and doesn't want to hobble out the 5 minutes from hogsback.

Well, someone did get choppered out on saturday after cratering from the line.

yes, so I heard.

any reportz uv zendage/fialure?

Dawg took his girlfriend on a nature hike (Surrealistic Pillar) on the lower buttress which turned into a 5-hour benighted epic ending around midnight.

oh ... I heard about arrival from a 300' 5.7 that started at 7. I assumed 7 AM - 11 PM for CC or Bear's Reach.
7PM. It wasn't that bad. What was entertaining was the drunkard search party that appeared as we were strolling down the trail. I think they had everything ready to climb except for beer and a rope. Dremmel had his harness with a few slings, Doc had his IV kit and everyone else was there for moral support.

Well, except for Jak. He went to sleep before this happened. I presume he understood that we were adults and could fend for ourselves.

We were actually concerned that your girlfriend had frozen up and couldn't move. Five hours to finish 100' of 5.7 climbing? We didn't give a fuck about you but your judgment and ability to get her safely off were the question.

You can play it off like everything was all in fun but it was shitty that we couldn't just hang out around the campfire on the first day we were all there. You know what would have been awesome? If you had actually taken the numerous hints that we didn't want you there in the first place.

That's pretty fucking harsh, especially since you really don't know me despite having chances to get to know me. We had headlamps; we explicitly stated so, and knew that we were likely going to use them, thank you for your concern it shows that despite the facade of hatred that you really do care. At any point she knew she could call it and we would head down. I was prepared to bail at any point.

You're being a dick. It's duly noted.

Sometimes the best approach is humility, as in apologizing that your intent for an extra long day was not properly communicated and sorry that it effected their night.....just saying.

It was an impressive display of ineptitude. I almost admire dawg's willingness to claim it was somehow intentional to drag a new climber up a rock hours after dark.

And then follow up that performance with another showstopper on Corrugation.
Well, it was intentional. He said so himself, and they brought headlamps.

Smart, OTOH....

Worth noting that Jay was the only one who invited me to the shindig. He's a good dude.

Um, you quit us as I recall.

That's why it was so nice of him to invite me. Laugh

He can't quit you?

donny on donny action.

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2011, 12:46 AM
Post #80163 of 105309 (4213 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Even I'm not that desperate for a rest ... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Reading through the RRG routes on MP, it seems like there's a lot of info about "sit-down rests" and "lie-down rests", and shit like this:

vtg wrote:
the trick to the lie-down rest is to keep scooting down until your feet are pretty much in the bush. it feels weird and uncomfortable until you get that far- once there, though, its pretty sweet.

really good- not really a .12a, imho- if the rest wasn't there, though, it'd definitely be .12ish.

I'm all for smart climbing, but this seems to be a bit excessive.

caughtinside

Aug 25, 2011, 1:20 AM
Post #80164 of 105309 (4202 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] Even I'm not that desperate for a rest ... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
Reading through the RRG routes on MP, it seems like there's a lot of info about "sit-down rests" and "lie-down rests", and shit like this:

vtg wrote:
the trick to the lie-down rest is to keep scooting down until your feet are pretty much in the bush. it feels weird and uncomfortable until you get that far- once there, though, its pretty sweet.

really good- not really a .12a, imho- if the rest wasn't there, though, it'd definitely be .12ish.

It is the red river rest area. Some of those horizontal rails are lie down coffins. Hopefully your coffin.

drivel

Aug 25, 2011, 1:58 AM
Post #80165 of 105309 (4189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chossmonkey wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

The meat up was fucking grate. Many climbs were climbed. Many hikes were hiked. Jack slipped up once and called his trekking pole a cane. I felt like I was going to fall of the Main Wall ledge many times. I wanted to cuddle the terrierist, but was repeatedly rebuffed. Peeps have talked about a lot of stuff already, I will chime in to say that the shirts are sweet! Cutting stencils is fun. Also, the nailers shirt should be one of the pink ones. For gayness. Like mine.

Thats Dribble's shirt.

I'm wearing that shirt right now.

drivel

Aug 25, 2011, 1:59 AM
Post #80166 of 105309 (4188 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:

vtg wrote:

that's the route description for Manifest Destiny, isn't it?

Partner camhead

Aug 25, 2011, 2:04 AM
Post #80167 of 105309 (4185 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] Even I'm not that desperate for a rest ... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

vtg wrote:

I'm attesting that dribble did not pre-search that description.

And it was for Manifest Density.

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2011, 2:10 AM
Post #80168 of 105309 (4180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

vtg wrote:

I think so. It looks like a cool rowt.

snoopy138

Aug 25, 2011, 2:11 AM
Post #80169 of 105309 (4177 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Even I'm not that desperate for a rest ... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

vtg wrote:

you guys lied down underneath teh bush, didn't you?

drivel

Aug 25, 2011, 2:46 AM
Post #80170 of 105309 (4166 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

vtg wrote:

i'm gay like that.

meatbomz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:12 AM
Post #80171 of 105309 (4158 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chossmonkey wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
kachoong wrote:
Wow! Much dramz!! I'm sitting at the lodge, charging my stuff, drinking beers, crying the real tears that its all over and the klown has left....alive with the terrierist. But maybe the Mole Star will in fact blow up on the decent and run him oft the rode.

It's true... I bombzed on the main wall decent, but Donny figures are perhaps inflated. I rolled my ankle, into a nose dive, with dial bag swinging me into the abyss...rolled once and fell about 20 ft on 80% slope, caught bushes and dirt, preventing another 80 feet to the talus. Thanks Jack, for your cunning plan. FoPo and Clikker almost met similar demises....alas Jack needed more luck.

Klown and I did haystack. I lead first two pitches, overshooting the belay by 100 feet, making him simulations 30 ft. We continued our simul on Knapsack crack, which I may go solo later.

Many spiritual crimes are on my camera including video...evidence that fopo can crank, jack can paint, louie is a super dog, dribble can trad climb, klamhead can make a funny and much more!

Going past a belay by 100' is not overshooting. You were in the zone or something.

Also I was impressed by Mo aswell - my first time climbing with her. That overhung handcarck she zent was hard.
Mo does pretty dang well.
The whole week was a game of grab ass that Donny won. I can't wait to see the video of him 'helping' me start up Traveler's Buttress.
That man just can't keep his hands to himself!

jeluz! I've grabbed just about everyone in the BET's ass up to this point. Snoppy and Drivel are missing out so far.

Did you grab my ass Donny?

I have and ass. Did you grab mine?

In my dreams each night

meatbomz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:13 AM
Post #80172 of 105309 (4155 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:

vtg wrote:

that is fabulous.

meatbomz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:14 AM
Post #80173 of 105309 (4153 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

[image]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1b21MNTh3Bij7uUpNsSLK0I6CHAcOCgWyauAPRE-gtqh5J37Glg[/image]

Thats Dribble's shirt.

I'm wearing that shirt right now.

I wore my g3rk meatup shirt today. It's funny how the "K" icon is a klown, but it's in the clikker howl of rage pose.

meatbomz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:15 AM
Post #80174 of 105309 (4241 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

vtg wrote:

i'm gay like that.

yore just cheating yoreself.

meatbomz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:18 AM
Post #80175 of 105309 (4239 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] Even I'm not that desperate for a rest ... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

!

First page Previous page 1 ... 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook