Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

rescueman

Sep 5, 2011, 4:43 AM
Post #52 of 118 (3950 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
My dick is bigger than yours.

You have a dick?

Now I know I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Oh, maybe you DO have a dick.

Kartessa

Sep 5, 2011, 4:57 AM
Post #53 of 118 (3944 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rescueman] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Better than this:

hugepedro

Sep 5, 2011, 5:39 AM
Post #54 of 118 (3939 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

You have a dick?
[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/8/445918-largest_IMG00049-20100321-1203.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/5/457285-largest_Dina_with_Tank.jpg[/image]

Ewww, he's creeping on photos now.

hugepedro

Sep 5, 2011, 5:49 AM
Post #55 of 118 (3937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
you're confusing me with someone else.

Well I certainly wasn't confusing you for a mature human being.

The thing about assholes is that they really don't need an excuse.

Ouch. That hurts me, right here.

Kartessa

Sep 5, 2011, 5:54 AM
Post #56 of 118 (3935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hugepedro] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hugepedro wrote:
rescueman wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

You have a dick?

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/5/457285-largest_Dina_with_Tank.jpg[/image]

He got excited by the pearl necklace

hugepedro

Sep 5, 2011, 6:20 AM
Post #57 of 118 (3932 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
rescueman wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

You have a dick?
[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/images/photos/assets/8/445918-largest_IMG00049-20100321-1203.jpg[/image]

He got excited by the pearl necklace

Well who wouldn't?

sungam

Sep 5, 2011, 8:57 AM
Post #58 of 118 (3924 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
extensive experience and broad expertise
*facepalm*

Please, tell me about your "expertise" in mountain routes.

Personally I don't have any expertise in mountain routes or any other discipline of climbing. I have a reasonable amount of experience climbing in a fair number of different places with a fair few different people, but I wouldn't call myself an expert.

Maybe I should take some rope rescue courses? Then I would know everything about mountain routes! I would be that grand master of the mountaineer's rest step!

Edit to add:

rescueman wrote:
In reply to:
Edit: To remove unnecessary aggression and insults.
And to leave the "necessary" aggression and insults (which are uncontrolled outflows of the immature ego, like verbal diarrhea).
Huh, there were insults or aggression in my post? Care to point it out?

I mean, I can clearly see the insults in your post. I can't see any in mine, though.

(This post was edited by sungam on Sep 5, 2011, 10:48 AM)

MarcelS

Sep 5, 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #59 of 118 (3913 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So now our profiles are important as well? People who do not share everything they ever did, are not qualified to go against your experienced opinions? Well, I suppose you make friends in real life just as easy then on the internet forumz Cool

What you did share, by the way, is that you do give rescue training, and according to your blog, are good at that. Assuming that all that is written there, is correct. For what it is worth, I do believe it is correct, that is not the point.
Furthermore, you wrote tons of words about your deep knowledge and experience in rock climbing. Assuming all that you say there, is correct. For what it is worth, I do doubt the latter.

Anyway, I have some news for you. Not everything written on the internet is true. So I can write in my profile that I have 20 years experience in climbing, and have an extremely deep knowledge about it. Heck, I can repeat this information in about every second post. Which still does not make it true. Which is why many people probably do not even bother: Either they do not feel like showing off, or they know the value of what they put there: not too much Wink

As for Kartessa's picture with the pearl necklace: yeah even I jizzed my pants a little. Her remark bout her dick does scare me a little though.

sungam

Sep 5, 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #60 of 118 (3910 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MarcelS] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

MarcelS wrote:
Her remark bout her dick does scare me a little though.
It is true. She once got BANZED for 2 weeks for posting a photograph of it.

qwert

Sep 5, 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #61 of 118 (3903 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

So in case the OP was serious, and gets this far, he really needs an answer on the question, since that should be so obvious, that one not even ought to ask such questions:
with a 60m rope a skilled climber can climb whatever route length he/she pleases, however for those that do not fall into that group - i.e. people that have to ask how long a route can be - should not climb longer stuff than half the rope length, with a good safety margin for wandering routes and such.

so the answer is

20 meters!

And rescuedude:
Give it up already!
I would really enjoy to have someone around who can give a professional ropework/rescue opinion on stuff, just as means to see how other areas of "climbing" approach certain things, but your "im with the rescue! I'm old! I never took a lead fall! I never climb anything longer than 6 pitches! Thus i know everything!" approach is not helping anyone.

As most others i fully respect the fact that you choose to be a sub 6 pitches sub 5.9 climber, If thats your idea of climbing and you are happy with it, thats fine. I will be happy if i still get out to climb when i am 60, but your attitude that working in rescue makes you an authority in everything climbing related is not only unnerving, but also dangerous.

Since you are complaining that everyone is hiding and constructing some annonymous alter egos of themselvs, here is the alter ego that you constructed:
With your nickname, profile pic and signature, you give the impression of a professional. That impression is further strengthened by mentioning your professionalism in about everything you say.
Thus, someone who would really need the advice read on this site is lead into trusting your writing more than the gawking coming from some anonymous folks.
Problem is just: Your writing is consistently worse than most gawking here, since - as you have proven numerous times - you dont really have a clue about roughly 89% of stuff that would be called "rockclimbing".

qwert

binrat

Sep 5, 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #62 of 118 (3894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

You have a dick?

From my background knowledge of you both, RM on a different forum and on the level of training that I KNOW Kartessa has, yes she does.

rescueman

Sep 5, 2011, 3:30 PM
Post #63 of 118 (3876 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qwert] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

qwert wrote:
so the answer is

20 meters!

Good answer. I had been intending to mention that rapping down often requires climbing up no more than half of the total rope length carried. But I got distracted by all the unnecessary challenges to my knowledge and expertise by people who reveal little or nothing about their own.

In reply to:
your "im with the rescue! I'm old! I never took a lead fall! I never climb anything longer than 6 pitches! Thus i know everything!" approach is not helping anyone.
I've never claimed to "know everything". And I never mentioned my experience until my knowledge was challenged.

Since this is a beginners forum, and posters have no basis to discern the relative value of information and opinions shared here, it was my responsibility to give them a basis for comparison - in spite of the continual onslaught of unwarranted attacks on my credibility by largely anonymous people.

In reply to:
With your nickname, profile pic and signature, you give the impression of a professional.
I don't "give the impression", I state is as fact. I was a professional outdoor educator, wilderness guide and rock climbing instructor. I was a professional private rock-climbing guide. I have been a professional rigging and rescue instructor, in above-ground and below-ground, rock, water, ice and industrial settings. And I am a professional educator.

As Walter Brennan often said in the Guns of Will Sonnet (1967), "No brag, just fact".

I suspect that some here have more extensive and more varied climbing experience than do I, though it's largely impossible to know that since, as you suggest, many people see the internet as a place to create an alter ego - an avatar - to pretend that they're someone they're not.

I'm not interested in make-believe and never learned to play that game. As one who programmed mainframe computers in 1968 and lived through the history of the internet and WWW, I knew it as a place for sharing reliable information - it's original purpose.

It's a shame that it has so degenerated into a space for fantasy games, virtual social networking (the antithesis of real community), spying, hacking, stalking and encouraging the worst of human behavior (because of its anonymity).

The personal attacks here against anyone expressing a perspective or opinion which challenges those of others, is emblematic of the worst that the internet has to offer.

Like so many "discussion forums", this site could be a valuable place if people behaved as they would in a public setting, where they had to literally stand by their words. But, given the degenerate state of humanity in general and the additional license which an anonymous cyberspace allows - authentic conversation is something "devoutly to be wish'd".

Kartessa

Sep 5, 2011, 4:43 PM
Post #64 of 118 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
qwert wrote:
so the answer is

20 meters!

Good answer. I had been intending to mention that rapping down often requires climbing up no more than half of the total rope length carried. But I got distracted by all the unnecessary challenges to my knowledge and expertise by people who reveal little or nothing about their own.

In reply to:
your "im with the rescue! I'm old! I never took a lead fall! I never climb anything longer than 6 pitches! Thus i know everything!" approach is not helping anyone.
I've never claimed to "know everything". And I never mentioned my experience until my knowledge was challenged.

Since this is a beginners forum, and posters have no basis to discern the relative value of information and opinions shared here, it was my responsibility to give them a basis for comparison - in spite of the continual onslaught of unwarranted attacks on my credibility by largely anonymous people.

In reply to:
With your nickname, profile pic and signature, you give the impression of a professional.
I don't "give the impression", I state is as fact. I was a professional outdoor educator, wilderness guide and rock climbing instructor. I was a professional private rock-climbing guide. I have been a professional rigging and rescue instructor, in above-ground and below-ground, rock, water, ice and industrial settings. And I am a professional educator.

As Walter Brennan often said in the Guns of Will Sonnet (1967), "No brag, just fact".

I suspect that some here have more extensive and more varied climbing experience than do I, though it's largely impossible to know that since, as you suggest, many people see the internet as a place to create an alter ego - an avatar - to pretend that they're someone they're not.

I'm not interested in make-believe and never learned to play that game. As one who programmed mainframe computers in 1968 and lived through the history of the internet and WWW, I knew it as a place for sharing reliable information - it's original purpose.

It's a shame that it has so degenerated into a space for fantasy games, virtual social networking (the antithesis of real community), spying, hacking, stalking and encouraging the worst of human behavior (because of its anonymity).

The personal attacks here against anyone expressing a perspective or opinion which challenges those of others, is emblematic of the worst that the internet has to offer.

Like so many "discussion forums", this site could be a valuable place if people behaved as they would in a public setting, where they had to literally stand by their words. But, given the degenerate state of humanity in general and the additional license which an anonymous cyberspace allows - authentic conversation is something "devoutly to be wish'd".

INRT

But if this can get moved to scummunity, I'd be happy to write an ignorant rebuttal!

johnwesely

Sep 5, 2011, 4:59 PM
Post #65 of 118 (3852 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
hugepedro wrote:
every other post is about your experience or qualifications

I'm still waiting for you to share your personal history and the source of your alleged expertise (aside from a claimed PhD in "science").

I put forward exactly who I am. You hide behind anonymity so you can be an asshole to your heart's content with no repercussions.

So who is "chickenshit"?

As someone who uses his real name and has a fairly honest profile, I will play. If you have climbed for 20 years and have never climbed past your limit on lead, your experience is pretty shallow. You might have developed a broad experience in twenty years of not falling on routes, but some people have twenty years of experience and others experience experience the same year twenty times.

rescueman

Sep 5, 2011, 5:18 PM
Post #66 of 118 (3848 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
As someone who uses his real name and has a fairly honest profile
I'm glad you conditioned that statement with "fairly".

What, pray tell, is a "professional climber" other than some kind of braggart. And why are there no real pictures of you on your profile page?

And I have to wonder just how old (or, rather, young) you are.

In reply to:
If you have climbed for 20 years and have never climbed past your limit on lead, your experience is pretty shallow.

Quite the contrary. An impetuous adolescent (or an adolescent adult) strives to discover his limits by constantly pushing at them - if he's lucky, he survives the experience. (The fact that teens and young adults have the highest rate of vehicle accidents is testimony to this.)

A wise man knows and respects his limits and discovers infinite possibility within that boundary - and he lives to pass on his wisdom to those few youth who have ears to hear.

johnwesely

Sep 5, 2011, 5:41 PM
Post #67 of 118 (3839 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
As someone who uses his real name and has a fairly honest profile
I'm glad you conditioned that statement with "fairly".

What, pray tell, is a "professional climber" other than some kind of braggart. And why are there no real pictures of you on your profile page?

The professional climber thing is a joke. I am a mediocre climber so it is a little self deprecating humor. There are two "real" pictures of me on my profile. The reason there are not more pictures of me is that it is a pain to post pictures on this site.

In reply to:

In reply to:
In reply to:
If you have climbed for 20 years and have never climbed past your limit on lead, your experience is pretty shallow.

Quite the contrary. An impetuous adolescent (or an adolescent adult) strives to discover his limits by constantly pushing at them - if he's lucky, he survives the experience. (The fact that teens and young adults have the highest rate of vehicle accidents is testimony to this.)

teens and young adults are also the worst drivers because they have been doing it for less time. The analogy is false however because when you push past your limits in climbing you survive and become a better climber. Pushing past your limits while driving is entirely different.

In reply to:
A wise man knows and respects his limits and discovers infinite possibility within that boundary - and he lives to pass on his wisdom to those few youth who have ears to hear.

There are only so many moderate trad routes in the world, hardly a case of infinite possibilities. There is nothing wrong with that, but talking down to people who do find enjoyment in pushing themselves and improving is pretty weak minded and you should not be surprised that you catch a lot of flack for doing it.

jt512

Sep 5, 2011, 5:48 PM
Post #68 of 118 (3837 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
qwert wrote:
so the answer is

20 meters!

Good answer.

What's so good about it? 60 divided by 2 is 30.

Jay

rescueman

Sep 5, 2011, 5:53 PM
Post #69 of 118 (3831 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
rescueman wrote:
qwert wrote:
so the answer is

20 meters!

Good answer.

Jay

As we all know, climber math is different from "book-learning" math.Unsure

qwert wrote:
...should not climb longer stuff than half the rope length, with a good safety margin for wandering routes and such.

And we do need to deduct a bit of rope for tying in at each end, don't ya know?

rescueman

Sep 5, 2011, 6:12 PM
Post #70 of 118 (3825 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
The professional climber thing is a joke. I am a mediocre climber

Trad: 5.11a
Sport:5.12c
Boulder:V7
Ice:WI4
Aid:A6

So the rest of your profile is also only "fairly honest" - in other words, totally false?

rescueman wrote:

Yup. Pretty obvious.

johnwesely wrote:
teens and young adults are also the worst drivers because they have been doing it for less time. The analogy is false however because when you push past your limits in climbing you survive and become a better climber. Pushing past your limits while driving is entirely different.

Not at all. When I got my license at 16, I had three crashes in the first three months - and learned from each. I also spend considerable time at the wheel pushing my limits - doing donuts in the parking lot and deliberately going into tailspins on snowy roads - and have become a far better and more skilled driver because I survived what should have killed me.

In driving, a crash is a failure, even though with modern shoulder belts and air bags one is likely to survive. No experienced race car driver brags about their crashes - only about the races they completed without accident.

Regardless of what some adolescent adults on this forum claim, the goal of traditional climbing has always been to complete a route without falling. The rope and gear is nothing more than an insurance policy that one hopes to never need.

The fact that modern "insurance" is better - dynamic nylon ropes vs sisal and hemp, e.g. - doesn't alter the essential nature of traditional climbing any more than better passenger restraints in cars makes crashing an OK experience.

Failures are excellent learning experiences - if we survive them intact - but they should never be a goal. The goal of any master is to ply their craft without failure.

johnwesely wrote:
There are only so many moderate trad routes in the world, hardly a case of infinite possibilities.
The imagination of youth is limited to shear volume and intensity of experience and ignores the unlimited variety and nuance of experience, which is the realm of the master.

One can climb the same route a thousand times and have a completely different experience with each ascent, particularly if the climber is focused less on conquering the route and more on experiencing it with every sense and every part of one's being.

In fact, climbing (like anything in life) can be a spiritual experience. Someday, you might realize that.

qwert

Sep 5, 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #71 of 118 (3819 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
qwert wrote:
so the answer is

20 meters!

But your first entry into this thread was before anyone started picking on you!
so why didnt you give this obvious answer, instead of
In reply to:
I guess you don't use any of that 60m or rope to tie in at each end and the belayer is hugging the rock, and you're content to run out the entire rope and set up a belay station at that point regardless of whether there's any anchorage.

The obvious answer is you climb until you get close to the amount of available rope (hopefully, your belayer is letting you know how much is left), and stop where a good 3-point belay anchor can be built.
?
Followed by
In reply to:
That's simul-climbing (often caused by poor planning), but I don't think it's what the OP was asking about.
after somone implied that - with the right technique - there is no limit to the length one can go with a 60m rope.
Its perfectly okay to post a remark that simul climbing is not exactly something so suggest to a beginner, however to blankly state that it is caused by poor planning is not!

In reply to:
In reply to:
However with an alias such as "rescueman" you do give yourself a certain aura. And dont tell me you did not pic this name to give your rc.com alter ego a certain boost…

In reply to:

In reply to:

While that all might be true, and surely will make you an autority in certain fields, when it comes to most general climbing stuff, you demonstrate a shocking lack of knowledge!
Again - this is not a problem per se, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying one self on easy short routes, but if someone at that skill level tries to give the impression to be a "pro", so that an unknowing reader might get lured into treating the given advice as better than some other, but better advice, it gets problematic!

Or to try an analogy:
I have once practiced self and partner rescue, been involved into one small rescue at a crag, and have a sponsored Jacket that labels me as an German Alpine club instructor.
So by your logic, i might as well create an account on ropedprofesionals.com under the alias GermanAlpineInstructorMan and explain to folks asking on how to set up a large hauling system that they dont need those stupid safety margins the rescue folks use, since all i ever had hanging on a line was a single person, and for that you cant get over double body wheight…
See where that would be going?
Pretty fast - at least i hope so!- there would be some folks who are really involved in the subject calling me to stop spouting such úninformed bullshit, when i clearly have no clue about what i am talking about!

In reply to:
I havent yet checked your site, but i sincerely doubt that it will 100% prove that you are indeed who you are claiming to be.
And looking at this sites history and its various - failed - personnel, those who tried their best to prove who they are in the real live mostly have been those folks with the worst advice…

In reply to:

You seem to start the same pattern as with your rescue experience!
"I programmed mainframes in the 60s, so i am an authority on todays internet!"
Again, i do value the input of someone who has been feeding a computer as large as a house with Punchcards filled with COBOL and FORTRAN, in days way before my coming into being was even considered, but your "voicing" gives the whole thing a certain tone that i do not like at all, and i guess i am not alone in that.
An no, i am not trying to say that todays internet is perfect - it is far from that, but you - as well as me - are not an expert for that, proven - among other things - by your false use of the term "hacking" and your "knowledge" of the purpose of the internet.

In reply to:

Ironically, the first statement that i would consider a personal attack was made by you, against a certain "USNavy". Remember the part about those folks that show a certain identity with their alias?

qwert

6pacfershur

Sep 5, 2011, 6:28 PM
Post #72 of 118 (3819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Cigolon] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

honest profiles or not....some of you have WAY too much free time on your hands

qwert

Sep 5, 2011, 6:28 PM
Post #73 of 118 (3819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Rope length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
rescueman wrote:
qwert wrote:
so the answer is

20 meters!

Good answer.

Jay
The fact that 20 meters should leave plenty of safety margin for having some rope left to tie in, and would allow for quite a bit of route wandering.

You might want to make that 25m and still be quite safe, but since the original question seemed to ask for a number, this is probably the best answer one can give to that stupid question.

qwert

Partner j_ung

Sep 5, 2011, 7:05 PM
Post #74 of 118 (3802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
qwert wrote:
so the answer is

20 meters!

In reply to:

In reply to:

Oh, please. You love the attention. You're a textbook Internet troll.

johnwesely

Sep 5, 2011, 7:33 PM
Post #75 of 118 (3790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rescueman wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
The professional climber thing is a joke. I am a mediocre climber

Trad: 5.11a
Sport:5.12c
Boulder:V7
Ice:WI4
Aid:A6

So the rest of your profile is also only "fairly honest" - in other words, totally false?

Everything but me claiming to be a professional climber and being able to lead a theoretical aid grade is one hundred percent honest.

rescueman wrote:

Yup. Pretty obvious.
Yup. Pretty condescending.

In reply to:
johnwesely wrote:

Not at all. When I got my license at 16, I had three crashes in the first three months - and learned from each. I also spend considerable time at the wheel pushing my limits - doing donuts in the parking lot and deliberately going into tailspins on snowy roads - and have become a far better and more skilled driver because I survived what should have killed me.

I think you may be projecting how foolish you were as a youth to everyone else.

In reply to:
In driving, a crash is a failure, even though with modern shoulder belts and air bags one is likely to survive. No experienced race car driver brags about their crashes - only about the races they completed without accident.

Regardless, a climbing fall is an order of magnitude safer than a car wreck.

In reply to:
Regardless of what some adolescent adults on this forum claim, the goal of traditional climbing has always been to complete a route without falling. The rope and gear is nothing more than an insurance policy that one hopes to never need.

No one is going to argue with you that the goal of climbing is to fall. It would be great to never fall, but if you care about improving, which is fine if you do not, you will fall. Every traditional climber of note falls. That is why they are out there pushing the limits of what is considered possible and you are trying to convince some kid on the internet that there is virtue in only getting on climbs that you are sure you can complete without falling.

In reply to:
The fact that modern "insurance" is better - dynamic nylon ropes vs sisal and hemp, e.g. - doesn't alter the essential nature of traditional climbing any more than better passenger restraints in cars makes crashing an OK experience.

Except that your analogy is false and it does. Falling while traditional climbing is much much safer than wrecking a car. Falling on gear is a perfectly OK experience as long as there is nothing to hit and the gear is good. This is something vast majority of traditional climbers and I understand from experience.

In reply to:
Failures are excellent learning experiences - if we survive them intact - but they should never be a goal. The goal of any master is to ply their craft without failure.

For climbers, failure is part of the path to mastery. There is no way around it.

In reply to:
johnwesely wrote:
There are only so many moderate trad routes in the world, hardly a case of infinite possibilities.
The imagination of youth is limited to shear volume and intensity of experience and ignores the unlimited variety and nuance of experience, which is the realm of the master.

Unless you are climbing 5.13+ trad, you are not a master traditional climber. Even if you climb 5.12 trad, you are nowhere close. Nunace of experience may be fine for enjoying something, but it is egotistical to pretend it gives you mastery. Not to mention how hackneyed you sound.

In reply to:
One can climb the same route a thousand times and have a completely different experience with each ascent, particularly if the climber is focused less on conquering the route and more on experiencing it with every sense and every part of one's being.

That is cool and all, but there is more to climbing than experiencing the same easy route over and over again. By your own admission you have not experienced how rewarding the challenge of climbing can be.

In reply to:
In fact, climbing (like anything in life) can be a spiritual experience. Someday, you might realize that.

Someday you might realize there is more to climbing than your narrow view of it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook