Dec 17, 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #1 of 23 (12181 views)
Shortcut

Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey everyone I got a lovely PM from Mush, he writes:

"get off my thread you moron!
you don't even read it then you ask questions!
your posts look like shit and show your horrible manners! mine are beautiful and readable.
I demand this stop! your contributions are merely for the sake of argument!

sincerely,
Nick"

My fav. part is the "sincerely"

I did read your posts, that's why I responded as I did. Why is asking questions a bad thing? If you know what you are talking about why not answer my questions? They are absoultely fair questions to ask of anyone advocating a specific training method. Why aren't you comfortable describing the scientific basis of your training methods? Since you mentioned the importance of scientific rigor how am I being a moron for asking you to be rigorus yourself?

Biggest troll ever?

lena_chita

Dec 17, 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #2 of 23 (12176 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DouglasHunter] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I assumed the entire mushroom thread was a big troll, a not-particularly-good imitation of Sungam's earlier joking miracle diet thread.

I would hate to think that it actually was meant seriously, but that PM certainly seems to point that way.

DouglasHunter

Dec 17, 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #3 of 23 (12169 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I would hate to think that it actually was meant seriously, but that PM certainly seems to point that way.

Either that or he is a really good troll, staying in character through the series of PMs he's sent me.

DouglasHunter

Dec 17, 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #4 of 23 (12163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If he is a troll I say Bravo!!

damienclimber

Dec 19, 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #5 of 23 (12016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DouglasHunter wrote:
If he is a troll I say Bravo!!

Hey why not reverse your name and work for that window covering company- HunterDouglas ?

Or write fiction. wait I forgot you do! Sly

onceahardman

Dec 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #6 of 23 (11948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're not alone, I got a PM too...

I think he's trying to be serious, but he's awfully self-aggrandizing. He claims it's all science until you call him on it, then defers to the mental aspects. He's troubled. He thinks his minor accomplishments are important. A sign of the times.

(This post was edited by onceahardman on Dec 19, 2011, 5:58 PM)

olderic

Dec 19, 2011, 4:41 PM
Post #7 of 23 (11894 views)
Shortcut

Re: [onceahardman] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I got one too. I don't think that he is being serious in the sense that he believes what he says but he thinks he is being creative and artistic. But really not so much... Has a lot of times available apparently so this is apparently important to him.

DouglasHunter

Dec 19, 2011, 4:53 PM
Post #8 of 23 (11892 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Interesting to know that I am not the only one who got PM'ed

onceahardman wrote:
He thinks his minor accomplishments are important. A sign of the times.

You can say that again, alas, I can't remember a time in the past 30 years of climbing when there weren't throngs of climbers trying to sell minor accomplishments as important.

johnwesely

Dec 19, 2011, 5:04 PM
Post #9 of 23 (11883 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If I were Mushroom, and I had just successfully trolled Doulgas Hunter, I would be grinning ear to ear and giggling like a school girl.

DouglasHunter

Dec 19, 2011, 5:25 PM
Post #10 of 23 (11873 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
If I were Mushroom, and I had just successfully trolled Doulgas Hunter, I would be grinning ear to ear and giggling like a school girl.
SmileSmile

johnwesely

Dec 19, 2011, 5:37 PM
Post #11 of 23 (11865 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DouglasHunter wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
SmileSmile

Now I think you are mushroom and you set the whole thing up as a strawman to make your training advice look better in comparison.

Partner j_ung

Dec 19, 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #12 of 23 (11825 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
DouglasHunter wrote:
johnwesely wrote:
SmileSmile

Now I think you are mushroom and you set the whole thing up as a strawman to make your training advice look better in comparison.

He stayed at my house once and a week after he left, I noticed all my other training books were missing. Tongue

mushroom

Dec 19, 2011, 7:53 PM
Post #13 of 23 (11803 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Family and Friends of rc.com,

Let me start by saying..... wow I love these forums!

I can't say I know many other places where completed unmoderated forums run. You can literally post ANYTHING you want, and a moderator won't touch it unless the problem is legal. No have I been to a place with such swollen egos. It's not that it's acceptable here to be mannerless and asinine, but this place is overrun with these personalities. But what were you expecting when you hand over public forums to climbers?

I wouldn't change a thing. Have you ever walked into a climbing gym in a climber's city? Did you hear that spray? I wouldn't change that either.

That said, thanks for starting your own thread.

Douglas I wish I could call you a child, but I know some who are behaved much better than you Laugh. You should really indulge the masses with my PM where I called you self-centered. Remember the whole "take your self-centered something-something and self-centered book and shove it!" I'm self-focused too ya know? I just try not to be negative towards other people and otherwise make myself look like a jerk.

I prefer to just flat-out make shit up and not look back. I look good doing it, even if weird. You're just spending the evening being negative towards others.

Enjoi. Bring it on. I have no enemies.
"screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it,
I guess every super hero has his theme music"

I looooooooooooooooove my posts. I'm hoping to finish this volume out with 8.

Stay tuned, and thank you!!!!! All you positive readers. I know you don't respond much but I know you read and that's cool. Enjoi and climb hard.

Nick

p.s. that felt sooo lame getting personal on the internet like that Douglas, how do you do it all the time??? keke ^^

p.p.s. i don't proof read posts I don't care about, so why don't you call me out on a few spelling errors and major grammatical meltdowns!

jt512

Dec 19, 2011, 8:49 PM
Post #14 of 23 (11778 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mushroom] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mushroom wrote:
Stay tuned, and thank you!!!!! All you positive readers. I know you don't respond much but I know you read and that's cool.

You need to learn not to over-interpret the complete lack of positive responses to your posts.

Jay

olderic

Dec 19, 2011, 9:23 PM
Post #15 of 23 (11757 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
mushroom wrote:
Stay tuned, and thank you!!!!! All you positive readers. I know you don't respond much but I know you read and that's cool.

You need to learn not to over-interpret the complete lack of positive responses to your posts.

Jay

He's not the first to express faith in the "Silent Majority"

DouglasHunter

Dec 19, 2011, 9:55 PM
Post #16 of 23 (11744 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mushroom wrote:
You should really indulge the masses with my PM where I called you self-centered.

No problem, here it is:

Mush writes:
"Your bad manners are exceeded only by your bad manners. Your posts are ugly and unreadable.

You are asking questions that you just want to answer yourself. THIS ISN'T ABOUT INFLATING YOUr EGO.

Take your self-centered book, your self-centered personality, and shove it! Get your own thread to hype your book and stop hijacking mine.

Sincerely,

Nick "

This was my response to Nick's PM:

"Regarding my questions, I don't want to answer them myself, as I don't know the answers. I don't know what "pull-up strength" is. I don't know why non-sport-specific conditioning is more important than sport-specific training or skill development."

onceahardman

Dec 19, 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #17 of 23 (11740 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mushroom wrote:
I have no enemies.

Perhaps not, but I think you are getting close.

You talk of others having "swollen egos", and specifically of Doug being "self-centered", yet you write these quasi-scientific diatribes on public forums, then insist, both in-thread, and via personal messages that no one respond to you negatively. Who do you think you are? Grow up, you are a little kid.

lena_chita

Dec 20, 2011, 2:12 AM
Post #18 of 23 (11683 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

onceahardman wrote:
mushroom wrote:
I have no enemies.

Perhaps not, but I think you are getting close.

Nah.

You have to respect your enemy, at least on some level, if only to admire the deviousness and cunning and the depth of evil and take him/her seriously in planning your response.

Mushroom is not any of the above. He is just getting close to a bunch of kill-files. And maybe a ban, depending on how far he decides to carry these troll personality traits.

sungam

Dec 20, 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #19 of 23 (11630 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I assumed the entire mushroom thread was a big troll, a not-particularly-good imitation of Sungam's earlier joking miracle diet thread.

Ego rush for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Cool

I am so funny that I have an imitator!

(my spelling was so bad autocorrect tried to make my version of "imitator" into "immature" - hah!)

Partner cracklover

Dec 20, 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #20 of 23 (11617 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mushroom wrote:
I prefer to just flat-out make shit up and not look back. I look good doing it

Hahahahaha! That's a good one!

Hey look, it's Mushroom!

GO

damienclimber

Dec 27, 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #21 of 23 (11427 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Mushroom has favored me with his wisdom [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
mushroom wrote:
I prefer to just flat-out make shit up and not look back. I look good doing it

Hahahahaha! That's a good one!

Hey look, it's Mushroom!

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/13zanh0.jpg[/IMG]

GO

No, I think Mushroom has more hair he wears a white speedo to show off his privates.

unabonger

Jan 9, 2012, 3:10 PM
Post #22 of 23 (11153 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DouglasHunter wrote:
Interesting to know that I am not the only one who got PM'ed

onceahardman wrote:
He thinks his minor accomplishments are important. A sign of the times.

You can say that again, alas, I can't remember a time in the past 30 years of climbing when there weren't throngs of climbers trying to sell minor accomplishments as important.

Bullshit. First of all, climber's accomplishments are all minor. Second, they've always been sold as important. Why the fuck does everyone over the age of 30 think times are any different now? Quit reliving your glory days, resign yourself to being just another repetition of previous good old days gone by, and fuck off into the sunset.

SylviaSmile

Jan 9, 2012, 7:01 PM
Post #23 of 23 (11127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

mushroom wrote:
Family and Friends of rc.com,

Let me start by saying..... wow I love these forums!

I can't say I know many other places where completed unmoderated forums run. You can literally post ANYTHING you want, and a moderator won't touch it unless the problem is legal. No have I been to a place with such swollen egos. It's not that it's acceptable here to be mannerless and asinine, but this place is overrun with these personalities. But what were you expecting when you hand over public forums to climbers?

I wouldn't change a thing. Have you ever walked into a climbing gym in a climber's city? Did you hear that spray? I wouldn't change that either.

That said, thanks for starting your own thread.

Douglas I wish I could call you a child, but I know some who are behaved much better than you Laugh. You should really indulge the masses with my PM where I called you self-centered. Remember the whole "take your self-centered something-something and self-centered book and shove it!" I'm self-focused too ya know? I just try not to be negative towards other people and otherwise make myself look like a jerk.

I prefer to just flat-out make shit up and not look back. I look good doing it, even if weird. You're just spending the evening being negative towards others.

Enjoi. Bring it on. I have no enemies.
"screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it,
I guess every super hero has his theme music"

I looooooooooooooooove my posts. I'm hoping to finish this volume out with 8.

Stay tuned, and thank you!!!!! All you positive readers. I know you don't respond much but I know you read and that's cool. Enjoi and climb hard.

Nick

p.s. that felt sooo lame getting personal on the internet like that Douglas, how do you do it all the time??? keke ^^

p.p.s. i don't proof read posts I don't care about, so why don't you call me out on a few spelling errors and major grammatical meltdowns!

Does anyone else wish that he had said all this in a YouTube video which could subsequently be auto-tuned into an aMAZing song by the Gregorys? Sad the way my mind works sometimes . . .

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook