RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

geeze

Mar 12, 2012, 1:53 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1714 views)
Shortcut

Elbow pai
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Have been told by my Doctor that i have arthritis in both elbows.Being in my 50s he told me to stop climbing and find an easier sport but this is not an Option.So are there any old fellers out there who have got the same problem but have found a way to carry on..??Im a sport climber and yes i have had to come down a grade but im open to ideas or is it a case of just sucking up the pain.

onceahardman

Mar 12, 2012, 9:26 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geeze] Elbow pai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

geeze wrote:
Have been told by my Doctor that i have arthritis in both elbows.Being in my 50s he told me to stop climbing and find an easier sport but this is not an Option.So are there any old fellers out there who have got the same problem but have found a way to carry on..??Im a sport climber and yes i have had to come down a grade but im open to ideas or is it a case of just sucking up the pain.

There is no known way to reverse osteoarthritis, but it can be slowed down. OA is, by definition, inflammation of a joint. You want to generally keep the joint moving. You can maximize any healing hyaline cartilage that is left with lots of motion, and good hydration and nutrition. Stay lean. Stay strong, but be sensible. Don't make it worse. Someday the day will arrive when you decide the pain is worse than you are willing to endure, and you can quit then. We don't live forever.

geeze

Mar 13, 2012, 1:45 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1639 views)
Shortcut

Re: [onceahardman] Elbow pai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,Thanks for your reply,sounds like they way to go and when it gets to bad i stop..??

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook