Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

shockabuku

Mar 23, 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #26 of 71 (2952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
On the other hand, I would really like to see a Men's Room section. I wish RC.com would add it. Male-bashing or "useless without pics" type posts by women would not be tolerated; it would be interesting to watch the section evolve.

The whold world is the Men's Room!

But all kidding aside, I can't really imagine that many men would have those kind of conversations online. In my experience they don't happen in person very often unless someone is pretty drunk.

Partner happiegrrrl

Mar 23, 2012, 5:58 PM
Post #27 of 71 (2945 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know...but I think the IDEA of a Men's Room here would have the monkeys rattling cages and throwing pooh, providing a measure of entertainment value.Angelic

chadnsc

Mar 23, 2012, 7:55 PM
Post #28 of 71 (2923 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
I know...but I think the IDEA of a Men's Room here would have the monkeys rattling cages and throwing pooh, providing a measure of entertainment value.Angelic

Uh, you mean the campground?

ceebo

Mar 23, 2012, 7:56 PM
Post #29 of 71 (2922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
ceebo wrote:
And i still think that having a women only forum that is basically saying ''men stay out'' is utter bull shit. Any issues women have should be openly discussed so that more poeple have a chance to understand and accept them.

p.s happygrrl, you make no5.

Your insight("men stay out") is incorrect. The Ladies Room is not a women-only section. It is simply a place where women-specific issues may be posted in a place that has a higher degree of moderation than the General section. The reason is, that in less-moderated sections, woman-specific threads have been shown to be degraded by remarks made by some users.

In General, a woman posting about issues like "Why are the guys hitting on me? I just want to climb?" is going to get at least ONE "useless without pics" type response, and likely will be a lot worse.

In the Ladies Room, the chances of that occurring are less, due to the moderation, and when/if it does, the remark will be removed, which helps the thread stay on topic.

Men are welcome in the Ladies Room, and often participate.

On the other hand, I would really like to see a Men's Room section. I wish RC.com would add it. Male-bashing or "useless without pics" type posts by women would not be tolerated; it would be interesting to watch the section evolve.

99% of topics on Rc venture off into the unkown, much like this one. Why, when it is a womens topics.. should it be any differant?. Are your issues more important than w/e issue was of any other topic?. Ofc.. yopu are a ''minority''.. clear the way guys.

Men hitting on women, will that ever change?.... not unless the power/s that be re write nature itself.

A mans forum is not needed, since you do not see poster names like MexicanMaleClimber who has a issue like ''not matter how much i shake.. or flick.. or squeeze.. the last drop always runs down my leg!''.

Shit rolls down hill indeed, but their is more than one side to a hill. But w/e.. the world is flat, meh? who cares.

Partner happiegrrrl

Mar 23, 2012, 8:31 PM
Post #30 of 71 (2907 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:

No, I mean a section where if women came in and said, of a guy upset because no matter how much he shakes, squeezes, flicks, the pee still runs down his leg, something like "Well you know...some people are into water sports." and then sent the guy a PM trying to hit on him, the comment would be deleted and she would get the mod smackdown.

Yes - I know it is unnecessary. The post was a spontaneous attempt at humor.

quote "ceebo"]
99% of topics on Rc venture off into the unkown, much like this one. Why, when it is a womens topics.. should it be any differant?. Are your issues more important than w/e issue was of any other topic?. Ofc.. yopu are a ''minority''.. clear the way guys.
It is not that women's issues are more important. It is because without some moderation, the space would become unsafe for some of the women.

If you cannot understand why that would be, I cannot help you.

ceebo

Mar 23, 2012, 8:49 PM
Post #31 of 71 (2900 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
chadnsc wrote:

No, I mean a section where if women came in and said, of a guy upset because no matter how much he shakes, squeezes, flicks, the pee still runs down his leg, something like "Well you know...some people are into water sports." and then sent the guy a PM trying to hit on him, the comment would be deleted and she would get the mod smackdown.

quote "ceebo"]

It is not that women's issues are more important. It is because without some moderation, the space would become unsafe for some of the women.

I do not understand but please explain

chadnsc

Mar 23, 2012, 9:00 PM
Post #32 of 71 (2892 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ceebo] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ceebo wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:
chadnsc wrote:

ceebo wrote:

I do not understand but please explain

Explain what, how to properly quote a post?

blueeyedclimber

Mar 24, 2012, 6:34 PM
Post #38 of 71 (2784 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ceebo wrote:

Fine by me, these forums are dead anyway under any other circumstance than flame wars.

They are what they are, because of posters like you. As they say, don't let the door hit you....yata yata yata....

Josh

crjanow

Mar 24, 2012, 6:43 PM
Post #39 of 71 (2777 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
ceebo wrote:
wonderwoman wrote:
ceebo wrote:
ClimbOnSister wrote:
If you like both, you should check out this site:

http://www.climbonsister.com/

Training tips, humorous articles, women crushing rocks. Why would you look any further?

All that time trying to gain equality... and look what you gone and done. We are not the ones keeping you down Wink.

You can't keep us down, and I can't understand your post. We're even, I suppose.

The Op's website in regards to male/female equality is compareble to ''the cop stopped me coz i is black''. The fact that the car was flashing up stolen, just a detail. I do not see poeple here pointing out ''male'' spacific feets.. just individual feets that happen to be mostly from men. It gets on my fking nerves when women have to point out the fact that they are women.

Btw, why is their a need to have a spacific women's sub forum on RC?. Another pointless and moronic devide.I respect women as equal.. so fking respect me back as it?... you don't need ''special'' treatments.

Lets not stop their though. I suggest the following.

Sub forums to be added:

- For overweight people

- For coulerd peoples

- For disabled people

Female climbers are a minority in this sport. Women are built different, we have periods and the ability to have babies, we have different training needs in the sence we have different strengths and weaknessnes because of our bodies.

In reply to:
It can also be hard to find practical gear and clothing that work for rock and ice climbing. They just don't make the same amount of stuff for women as they do for men, or at least the stores don't carry the same selection. And even when there is and it is carried it can be lower functionality for the sake of being "more attractive".
funny i havent noticed that

In reply to:
We also look at issues differently. There are too many factors here to pin it down, but in general women tend to be more empathetic and more emotional (or at least show it more) than men.
no shit!!!

Editing is weak and Khoi is correct.

chadnsc

Mar 24, 2012, 7:21 PM
Post #40 of 71 (2765 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ceebo wrote:

That was good of you, as for the rest.. i guess your orginal post was a more ''mature'' way of directing negitivity personaly?. It's nice you have that ability. A person may say ''hey, fat guy'' i can picture you saying ''hey, gravity challenged guy''.

I think this one may have tipped the scale for a ban ;/. To many narrow minded people here anyway.

::rolls eyes::

bigredscowboy

Mar 25, 2012, 2:51 AM
Post #42 of 71 (2714 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So... what was this thread about before ceebo assumed the position of unintelligible antagonist?

To the OP, this thread has proved the need for moderation on your site. Keep up the good work on your end.

wonderwoman

Mar 26, 2012, 2:13 PM
Post #43 of 71 (2600 views)
Shortcut

Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Personal attacks and quotes of personal attacks have been hidden.

Gmburns2000

Mar 26, 2012, 2:26 PM
Post #44 of 71 (2593 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
ceebo wrote:

Fine by me, these forums are dead anyway under any other circumstance than flame wars.

They are what they are, because of posters like you. As they say, don't let the door hit you....yata yata yata....

Josh

you forgot your patented Tongue or Smile or Cool or Angelic or Wink

blueeyedclimber

Mar 26, 2012, 2:45 PM
Post #45 of 71 (2580 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
ceebo wrote:

Josh

I didn't feel ceebo was worthy of any expression. Cool

Gmburns2000

Mar 26, 2012, 2:53 PM
Post #46 of 71 (2576 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
blueeyedclimber wrote:
ceebo wrote:

Josh

I didn't feel ceebo was worthy of any expression. Cool

ah, well, in that case, thanks!

chadnsc

Mar 26, 2012, 3:47 PM
Post #47 of 71 (2549 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Personal attacks and quotes of personal attacks have been hidden.

Thank you.

So did you give ceebo a much deserved time out? Tongue

Partner cracklover

Mar 26, 2012, 5:07 PM
Post #48 of 71 (2525 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
ceebo wrote:
And i still think that having a women only forum that is basically saying ''men stay out'' is utter bull shit. Any issues women have should be openly discussed so that more poeple have a chance to understand and accept them.

Your insight("men stay out") is incorrect. The Ladies Room is not a women-only section. It is simply a place where women-specific issues may be posted in a place that has a higher degree of moderation than the General section. The reason is, that in less-moderated sections, woman-specific threads have been shown to be degraded by remarks made by some users.

In General, a woman posting about issues like "Why are the guys hitting on me? I just want to climb?" is going to get at least ONE "useless without pics" type response, and likely will be a lot worse.

In the Ladies Room, the chances of that occurring are less, due to the moderation, and when/if it does, the remark will be removed, which helps the thread stay on topic.

Do you realize that by adding the second half of your post you completely undercut the otherwise excellent first half? It's like you wanted to demonstrate that you actually don't have a clue as to why there is a Ladies Room, even though you (clearly) do.

???

GO

chadnsc

Mar 26, 2012, 6:15 PM
Post #49 of 71 (2506 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:
ceebo wrote:

Do you realize that by adding the second half of your post you completely undercut the otherwise excellent first half? It's like you wanted to demonstrate that you actually don't have a clue as to why there is a Ladies Room, even though you (clearly) do.

???

GO

Com on cracklover, stop trying to bring reasoning and understanding into this thread.Tongue

Marylandclimber

Mar 26, 2012, 7:40 PM
Post #50 of 71 (2478 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbOnSister] Women and Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Who cares just climb...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook