Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Big Bradley Falls in so. NC
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ClimbMonkey123

Apr 8, 2012, 7:35 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2084 views)
Shortcut

Big Bradley Falls in so. NC  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There were no links for southern North Carolina so I decided to post here. Me and a friend were hiking the trails to Big Bradley Falls today and I found a big slab of rock right over the falls with anchors drilled into them. Does anybody know of any rapelling or climbing being done here?

phoenixfire

Apr 11, 2012, 6:52 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2030 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbMonkey123] Big Bradley Falls in so. NC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you talking about Bradley Falls near Saluda, NC? There is some climbing there...just didn't know if you were talking about a different Bradley Falls.

putputgolfer

Apr 12, 2012, 1:06 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbMonkey123] Big Bradley Falls in so. NC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There are 20 or so routes around big bradley. There are several sport routes off to the left of the falls, if you are looking upstream, that are 5-10 or less. There is a route on the arete that goes at 5.10c or something like that. The trail puts you on top of the arete on the way down if you want to drop a top rope.
The climbs here were pretty slimy from what i recall. There are definitely better places to go climb but a new area is fun too. Oh, i wouldn't bring kids or dogs unless they are part mountain goat. The trail in is steep and slick.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook