Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Top rope climbing Boulder Canyon/Eldorado - first time climbing here
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mcgrathh

Apr 27, 2012, 8:47 AM
Post #1 of 3 (3520 views)
Shortcut

Top rope climbing Boulder Canyon/Eldorado - first time climbing here  (North_America: United_States: Colorado: Boulder_Area: Boulder_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am visiting from WA and am looking for some top rope sites that are between 5.5-5.10. I am up in Nederland and was looking at Boulder Canyon and Eldorado for places, but I am a bit overwhelmed with how many routes there are. Any advice on where a beginner to intermediate climber should go in Boulder and surrounding area? I have 3 full days to climb. Thank you!

petsfed

Apr 27, 2012, 4:02 PM
Post #2 of 3 (3465 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mcgrathh] Top rope climbing Boulder Canyon/Eldorado - first time climbing here [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The book Front Range Topropes can be pretty useful. Also, if you're currently in Nederland, drive down to Neptune Mountaineering in boulder and ask around. Other option is to do a search for topropes in that grade range on mountainproject.com Their route database is pretty robust, especially in the Boulder area.

This is precisely that search. Every single pitch line that is topropable between 5.5 and 5.10a in the Boulder area that's been added to mountainproject.com's route database.

(This post was edited by petsfed on Apr 27, 2012, 4:04 PM)

mcgrathh

May 2, 2012, 6:50 AM
Post #3 of 3 (3395 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Top rope climbing Boulder Canyon/Eldorado - first time climbing here [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you so much! Your info and advice helped us out very much. One of the days we climbed Animal World in the canyon and it was super fun! Thank you again.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook