Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bandycoot

May 29, 2012, 4:38 PM
Post #26 of 29 (652 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] DESPERATELY SEEKING BETA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
bandycoot wrote:
United States Southwest. I live in paradise....
Wait, really? I didn't know that. That may actually determine some future life moves. Like none at all? Fantastic.

I mean, I am terrified of spiders and I know you get some well creepy ones down there, but fear isn't as bad as actual itchy suffering so it seems worth it.

Yup, it's for reals. Spiders eat bugs, so there aren't even that many of those! I've never seen a tarantula in the wild after many MANY days outdoors and 15 years in San Diego. I also have a fear of spiders. Give me a 40' 5.11 runout over a spider on my shoulder....

Josh

shockabuku

May 29, 2012, 4:56 PM
Post #27 of 29 (647 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bandycoot] DESPERATELY SEEKING BETA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bandycoot wrote:
sungam wrote:
bandycoot wrote:
Wait, really? I didn't know that. That may actually determine some future life moves. Like none at all? Fantastic.

I mean, I am terrified of spiders and I know you get some well creepy ones down there, but fear isn't as bad as actual itchy suffering so it seems worth it.

Yup, it's for reals. Spiders eat bugs, so there aren't even that many of those! I've never seen a tarantula in the wild after many MANY days outdoors and 15 years in San Diego. I also have a fear of spiders. Give me a 40' 5.11 runout over a spider on my shoulder....

Josh

I remember a few years back I was down by White Sands, NM and the tarantulas were all over the place. I dropped a plastic food container over one in the road and took it home to my kids. We put it in a fish tank on the back porch but eventually it got cold and froze to death. It was pretty aggressive.

sungam

May 29, 2012, 5:48 PM
Post #28 of 29 (629 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bandycoot] DESPERATELY SEEKING BETA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bandycoot wrote:
sungam wrote:
bandycoot wrote:

Josh
As long as there is no groundfall potential (and if it's a big hairy spider then even with it) I am right there with you.

I expected people to see more of them. This whole SW thing is sounding better and better.

bandycoot

May 29, 2012, 6:05 PM
Post #29 of 29 (620 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] DESPERATELY SEEKING BETA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
bandycoot wrote:
sungam wrote:
bandycoot wrote:

Josh
As long as there is no groundfall potential (and if it's a big hairy spider then even with it) I am right there with you.

I expected people to see more of them. This whole SW thing is sounding better and better.

Oh yeah, and the climbing is OK too... Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook