RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

rossirafael

Jul 20, 2012, 7:37 AM
Post #1 of 3 (4071 views)
Shortcut

Vårløsning - Kjerag - Norway
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi climbers,

I'm wondering if anyone here has already done the Vårløsning, in the Kjerag wall, Norway, and can pass some tips on the route - gear, how much time to climb it, best way to get to the base and go back, descent options, etc. Also, other tips on easy long routes in the area would be much appreciated.

I just moved in to Norway and am looking for partners to climb with and information on the long routes here. I tought the Vårløsning is a good place to start and a good project for both meeting people and get introduced to the Norwegian big walls.

A little bit on my background: have been climbing for 10 years. For the last 5 years been doing lots of long routes where I used to live, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where most of the routes are multi-pitch, 6 to 15 pitches, and grades from 5.8's to 5-11's, safety rating, lots of R's, some X's and a few PG13's. I prefer to stay up to R's, grade up to 5.9 and as many pitches as possible :)

Regarding the Kjerag, all I could find so far is a very nice guide for ROgaland (all in Norwegian, of course) from the local climbing group, BRV (www.brv.no):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9NwzGWydmVYYjAyNDBmMGUtYzk5ZS00YmE2LWE2ZDUtYThjMmZiZDFlMjE0/edit?hl=en&pli=1

(if the link doesn't work, in the site menu, go to Førere/Turklatring and click the link "Last ned hele turføreren her".)

I'm planning to become a member of BRV and meet these guys, but didn't have time for that yet.

Climb safe and have fun!
Cheers,
Attachments: Vårløsning_Kjerag.jpg (117 KB)
  Kjerag.jpg (84.1 KB)

anthonymason

Aug 28, 2012, 4:44 AM
Post #2 of 3 (3898 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rossirafael] Vårløsning - Kjerag - Norway [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you sure that is Norway? Looks like Yosimite

rossirafael

Aug 28, 2012, 7:36 AM
Post #3 of 3 (3890 views)
Shortcut

Re: [anthonymason] Vårløsning - Kjerag - Norway [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pretty sure Smile I'm living here, this place is a few hours driving from Stavanger - or a few hours sailing Wink

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook