Forums: Climbing Partners: US - South:
Climbing in the South, TN/NC/GA/AR in winter?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

melnet

Dec 27, 2012, 7:44 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in the South, TN/NC/GA/AR in winter?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sorry if these kinds of threads get repetitious... But I'm from the midwest, and have never been in the south this time of year. What's the weather like in TN/NC/GA area? Also if anybody has any experience at Horseshoe Canyon in AR that'd be awesome also!

Or if anybody could direct me to some great sport climbing areas to check out on mountain project. I'm unfamiliar with the area and mountain project has a ton of different areas listed. Our trip time frame is from the 30th-5th so we'd rather not chase around from area to area only to find its not the greatest route quality... Thanks in advance!

Also if anybody wanted to meet up with 3 college kids from the midwest and sport climb during that time frame in any of the nearby areas let me know!

csproul

Dec 27, 2012, 4:55 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1269 views)
Shortcut

Re: [melnet] Climbing in the South, TN/NC/GA/AR in winter? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

melnet wrote:
Sorry if these kinds of threads get repetitious... But I'm from the midwest, and have never been in the south this time of year. What's the weather like in TN/NC/GA area? Also if anybody has any experience at Horseshoe Canyon in AR that'd be awesome also!

Or if anybody could direct me to some great sport climbing areas to check out on mountain project. I'm unfamiliar with the area and mountain project has a ton of different areas listed. Our trip time frame is from the 30th-5th so we'd rather not chase around from area to area only to find its not the greatest route quality... Thanks in advance!

Also if anybody wanted to meet up with 3 college kids from the midwest and sport climb during that time frame in any of the nearby areas let me know!
I can't help you much with sport climbing, Obed is about the only place I know about that has winter sport climbing in NC or TN. There is good winter trad climbing at T-wall in TN; and in NC at places like Looking Glass, Rumbling Bald, Stone Mountain, Laurel Knob...There is good winter bouldering in Chattanooga at LRC and in NC at Rumbling Bald. I hear HP40 is good in winter? but have never been there.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook