Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

Apr 15, 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #42476 of 45342 (3210 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
stunned right now. absolutely speechless.

Crazy shit. Crazy world.

Never ceases to amaze.

notapplicable

Apr 15, 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #42477 of 45342 (3208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Crazy shit. Crazy world.

Never ceases to amaze.

Or horrify, in this case.

notapplicable

Apr 15, 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #42478 of 45342 (3203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Shame you're not surrounded by people jumping to conclusions and assumptions about the race of the person/people responsible.

It's funny because I'm watching a live feed from one of the boston tv stations and they're suggesting that it's likely to be home-grown according to intelligence officials.

two bombs went off at the marathon and there was a third explosion at the JFK Library (several miles away) that is suspicious at the moment.

Apparently they do have surveillance of someone dropping off backpacks near the area. Fingers are crossed this is the person and they get the guy.

This one does "feel" homegrown. It's fucked either way but at least we might not start another war over it if that is the case.

Gmburns2000

Apr 15, 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #42479 of 45342 (3197 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Shame you're not surrounded by people jumping to conclusions and assumptions about the race of the person/people responsible.

It's funny because I'm watching a live feed from one of the boston tv stations and they're suggesting that it's likely to be home-grown according to intelligence officials.

two bombs went off at the marathon and there was a third explosion at the JFK Library (several miles away) that is suspicious at the moment.

Apparently they do have surveillance of someone dropping off backpacks near the area. Fingers are crossed this is the person and they get the guy.

This one does "feel" homegrown. It's fucked either way but at least we might not start another war over it if that is the case.

The thing that's really scary is that Fenway Park is no more than a few hundred yards away, and there's always a morning game on Patriot's Day to coincide with the marathon. A few hours before the bomb went off there would have been many THOUSANDS of more people in that area because the game would have gotten out.

The area doesn't have a lot of room to move around, too, so thousands of people in that area all at once...

It's sad, I've gone to cheer on co-workers on this day for years (not far from these locations). It's a really happy and inspiring day. Lots of great energy. Lots of people cheering on the runners. People stay out on the streets cheering the runners who take 6 hours or longer to finish. It's really a great day.

I'm really sad today.

donald949

Apr 15, 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #42480 of 45342 (3194 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Only getting a little of the news filtering in on the web.
But +1 on getting the bastard.
Thoughts and prayers to the affected.

Gmburns2000

Apr 15, 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #42481 of 45342 (3185 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Only getting a little of the news filtering in on the web.
But +1 on getting the bastard.
Thoughts and prayers to the affected.

two bombs went off, and two more were found undetonated...one was in a hotel.

Partner macherry

Apr 15, 2013, 10:43 PM
Post #42482 of 45342 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

i would not assume otherwise. these crazy ass bombings like oklahoma city, are usually some right wing looney.

Partner epoch

Apr 15, 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #42483 of 45342 (3171 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Why ya posting, then?

Partner epoch

Apr 15, 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #42484 of 45342 (3170 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Ooh! I like that game.

Partner epoch

Apr 15, 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #42485 of 45342 (3168 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

<--- surrounded by well-armed mis-informed questionably trained slightly educated people itching to shoot something. I've been in my reinforced fallout shelter office all day wondering when we'll be sent home because the US is at war with another faction of some crazy.

It's sad to hear about it, more so since I've seen un-filtered uncensored photos from the blasts, literally, moments from when it went live. Doubt that you'll see the shots of the guy with his legs all in spaghetti pieces on the news. Or the one with limbs her and there and blood following.

Yes, it's traumatic when something of this magnitude comes home. However, it could have been worse...

(This post was edited by epoch on Apr 15, 2013, 11:17 PM)

Partner epoch

Apr 15, 2013, 11:20 PM
Post #42486 of 45342 (3161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know if you could stomach the gore that was documented. Fortunately the Boston Marathon is one of the premiere road races in the world and there are always scores of photographers present. Many are reporters trained and are able to somewhat separate themselves from the situation and take photos. Everyone pining to have the best angle, composition, emotion, or story in that one single instance photo.

Yeah... the photo streams are going nuts.

I can share, but it's all pretty much NSFW gore.

Partner macherry

Apr 15, 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #42487 of 45342 (3159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
<--- surrounded by well-armed mis-informed questionably trained slightly educated people itching to shoot something. I've been in my reinforced fallout shelter office all day wondering when we'll be sent home because the US is at war with another faction of some crazy.

It's sad to hear about it, more so since I've seen un-filtered uncensored photos from the blasts, literally, moments from when it went live. Doubt that you'll see the shots of the guy with his legs all in spaghetti pieces on the news. Or the one with limbs her and there and blood following.

Yes, it's traumatic when something of this magnitude comes home. However, it could have been worse...

those pictures were definitely hard to look at.

Partner epoch

Apr 15, 2013, 11:24 PM
Post #42488 of 45342 (3157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry for the sarcasm and cynicism.

The main-stream news is pissing me off with the twitter-reporting.

Where the hell has fact-based unbiased reporting gone?

Kartessa

Apr 15, 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #42489 of 45342 (3151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Sorry for the sarcasm and cynicism.

The main-stream news is pissing me off with the twitter-reporting.

Where the hell has fact-based unbiased reporting gone?

you cant do that from an iphone

notapplicable

Apr 16, 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #42490 of 45342 (3141 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:

We should probably go ahead and invade Iran just incase. Might as well toss some bombs at North Korea for good measure.

notapplicable

Apr 16, 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #42491 of 45342 (3138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
I don't know if you could stomach the gore that was documented. Fortunately the Boston Marathon is one of the premiere road races in the world and there are always scores of photographers present. Many are reporters trained and are able to somewhat separate themselves from the situation and take photos. Everyone pining to have the best angle, composition, emotion, or story in that one single instance photo.

Yeah... the photo streams are going nuts.

I can share, but it's all pretty much NSFW gore.

I'll pass on that. If I'm resonding to an accident I don't don't mind getting my hands dirty but I don't really want to see the insides on the outside any more than I already have.

What has been seen...

Gmburns2000

Apr 16, 2013, 1:00 AM
Post #42492 of 45342 (3132 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good news is that two of the hospitals have been on lock down all afternoon. One because there's a suspected bomb in one of the garages, but the other because there's a potential suspect being treated there.

Gmburns2000

Apr 16, 2013, 1:07 AM
Post #42493 of 45342 (3129 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Fortunately the Boston Marathon is one of the premiere road races in the world and there are always scores of photographers present. Many are reporters trained and are able to somewhat separate themselves from the situation and take photos. Everyone pining to have the best angle, composition, emotion, or story in that one single instance photo.

This. LOTS of surveillance at this event. It's one of the premier running events in the world (it's the grand daddy of that marathon world-cup style point system - or whatever you call it). Lots and lots of cameras there, professional and amateur.

Partner epoch

Apr 16, 2013, 2:26 AM
Post #42494 of 45342 (3118 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

We should probably go ahead and invade Iran just incase. Might as well toss some bombs at North Korea for good measure.

No, that would be far too logical. There's a continent that we haven't given enough attention too in the past decade...

We should bomb the crap out of Antarctica. Can't trust those penguins...

Partner epoch

Apr 16, 2013, 2:27 AM
Post #42495 of 45342 (3117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Good news is that two of the hospitals have been on lock down all afternoon. One because there's a suspected bomb in one of the garages, but the other because there's a potential suspect being treated there.
Sorry Greg, but the shit going on in Boston is far more worldly important than your Brazilian hospital crisis. Nice try on the one-ups-manship, though. I'll give you credit for that.

Partner epoch

Apr 16, 2013, 2:29 AM
Post #42496 of 45342 (3115 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Fortunately the Boston Marathon is one of the premiere road races in the world and there are always scores of photographers present. Many are reporters trained and are able to somewhat separate themselves from the situation and take photos. Everyone pining to have the best angle, composition, emotion, or story in that one single instance photo.

This. LOTS of surveillance at this event. It's one of the premier running events in the world (it's the grand daddy of that marathon world-cup style point system - or whatever you call it). Lots and lots of cameras there, professional and amateur.

That. IT'S what I just said.

Gmburns2000

Apr 16, 2013, 2:29 AM
Post #42497 of 45342 (3113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Sorry Greg, but the shit going on in Boston is far more worldly important than your Brazilian hospital crisis. Nice try on the one-ups-manship, though. I'll give you credit for that.

eh? I was talking about MGH and B&W.

Partner epoch

Apr 16, 2013, 2:38 AM
Post #42498 of 45342 (3107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Ah, context would have been important. We know you're south of here, so I assumed you were talking about local hospitals to you.

Kartessa

Apr 16, 2013, 2:50 AM
Post #42499 of 45342 (3100 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Ah, context would have been important. We know you're south of here, so I assumed you were talking about local hospitals to you.

Am I wrong to take no real interest in this until a future time when everything can be objectively analyzed?

Kartessa

Apr 16, 2013, 2:51 AM
Post #42500 of 45342 (3097 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Twitter reporting tires me

First page Previous page 1 ... 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook