Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Jun 10, 2013, 3:59 PM
Post #99801 of 105309 (4757 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Weekend report- guess who won her division, is going to nationals, and pre qualified for worlds in Spain?

This girl!
Damn, you may actually have to start training...

Your liver, that is.
Definitely would have climbed better had I not drank so much on Saturday.

whatevah. Alcohol is essential to gloriez.

Exactly why you need to train your liver.

dr_feelgood

Jun 10, 2013, 3:59 PM
Post #99802 of 105309 (4755 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gloriez!

dr_feelgood

Jun 10, 2013, 4:00 PM
Post #99803 of 105309 (4754 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carez!

dr_feelgood

Jun 10, 2013, 4:08 PM
Post #99804 of 105309 (4748 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Weke-end report

Went to xzzzz. Had to camp in the ultra-redneck second-string campground, as the hatchery road was full, and the gate isn't open yet. Got in at midnight thursday. Campsite had a bunch of poison ivy, so we picked up the tent and moved it friday am. Had to bathe beardog, which was an experience.

Friday, went up to the greater mondo area. Warmed up with laps on an easy .8, and then floated my radgnar .10d proj. You know, the warm-up for all the real climbers. Yup. I climbed that. Went and did some other stuff that day, feeling pretty good. I think I'm finally back to climbing at pre-avocado levels. Got hit with a soaker rainstorm and went into town to check email. We're in the process of moving, and the landlord is vacationing in romania(absentee landlordism ftw), so we've been emailing on a ten hour delay.

Saturday, went up to the french cattle ranch. climbed euro-trash girls, and a few others. Bonked at 4 pm and had to take a nap. Came back to campsite and met Kathryn and her roadtrip partner.

Sunday took them to the circus area, as we had to leave by 2, and it gets morning shade. Blew a hole in my moccs while doing the climbs i've done a bunch of times. Left at three.

Posting from the crapper right now. Poop #2.

Partner camhead

Jun 10, 2013, 4:09 PM
Post #99805 of 105309 (4747 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weakend report from teh Dubbya Vee:

Friday I took a rest day, it rained all day anyway. We had a Die Hard party at Chris and Spencer's, drank girlie margaritas. Also watched that Silver Lining Playbook, which was fun (the Hunger Gheymes chick is hawt). I also recognized a guy I took on a horseback trip like 12 years ago as one of the minor character actors in it. As we were getting ready to call it a night, and me drive back to the campground, a guy rolled in who was staying with Chris, but we had never met. He seemed pretty strong, dropped a lot of big numbers regarding the tard climbing in NC. Said he wanted to go check out some of Goodman's one-three-argh routes here. Sounded cool, I was psyched to climb with someone a bit stronger.

Saturday, we decided to do a full day chasing shade at Endless Wall. We warmed up, then strong guy got right on a 12b called Black Happy, and started falling all over the crux at the first bolt. No feet, twin quarter pad gastons with a deadpoint up to a shallow two-finger pocket. Looked heinous. He was about to go wobbler-con-2000, screaming kicking, but then lowered off, pretty pissed. I dropped some excuses about my lispaul, edged up into the crux, and then onsighted totally statically. Woo, hangboreding works! I wish I could say I onsighted the whole rig, but at a roof at the top the sun came out, blinded me, and I greased off a slimper. Bummer. I was still climbing pretty well, did like four more Endless 12s, including two that I bailed the strong guy out of. I guess he is better at steep than Endless vertical. It was totally some old bull/young bull shit. We made plans for me to show him the Meadow River roof carck tour the next day, but he bailed to climb with some other friends. Zang!

Last night we did what's becoming a weekly tradition, Sunday evening run with the free shuttle on the New River, guided by J_muthuhfucking_Ung. It was a cool crowd of off-duty river guides and us. We were taking our friend Spencer for her first river trip evar, and on the bus ride to the put in she was a bit leery of the guides who were doing regular guide stuff: loudly talking schit, chugging pibbers, making sex jokes, and flashing everyone their tits.

We got to the put in, unloaded, and the guides were literally stumbling into their boats, drinking and smoking. Chris and Spencer asked Jay, "do these guys know what they're doing? Are we going to have to help them out?" J just laffed and said they'd be fine.

River level was awesome, recent storm surge, straightforward runs, rocks all out of the way, and BIG waves. We took a couple big hits, and I could tell Spencer was a bit apprehensive, laughing nervously. Guides are behind us, drinking and bumming smokes from J. We get to a rapid called "second warmup," which is a class II, and Jay tells us that it's not bad, but at this level has big waves. The first wave stalled us out, and then the second flipped us. Boat's upside down, bodies and paddles everywhere, we're drifting toward the first Class V. Shit's about to get serious.

Then, the drunk guides swooped in, dragged us all in the boat, grabbed our paddles, laughed at us, and we eddied out before the big rapid. Chris and Spencer were a bit flabbergasted that they could go from drunk messes to saviors in a heartbeat; we just told them that this is what guides do. The rest of the run was flawless, huge waves and whoops and screams in the evening light. Got to the takeout with some frozen margies that I'd stashed, then went and had bad-beta Chinese buffet, which is also becoming a post-river tradition.

That's awl. Gonna try to get out on the rock this evening if the rain stops. I think I found a mega-prodge that goes into the shade by 5pm, big moves between small holds. I fucking love this place.

snoopy138

Jun 10, 2013, 4:09 PM
Post #99806 of 105309 (4747 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Weekend repot.

Saturday I went for a 12km run with minimal IT band discomfort. After Nathan got home from work we needed to start cleaning the house for my mother's visit next week. At first Nathan yelled at my for throwing away too much stuff (like cell phone bill statements from 5 years ago). Then he got drunk and got far better at tossing stuff.

Yesterday we got out climbing. I re-redpointed the hardest route I've ever done, didn't even have to skip clips on it this time. I then trashed myself on a route that's two grades easier, but way more endurence based.

Best part were the two non climbers that somehow got down the gully when Nathan was climbing. The running commentary from the girl was awesome. First she asked if Nathan needed some water "he doesn't sound right, he sounds thirsty" (as Nathan is trying hard on a route). Then as he was lowering and cleaning the draws she asks "Does that harness squish your dingle? Because your dingle looks squished."

I was laughing too hard to ask her why she was looking at my husband's dingle. Nathan fielded the question like a champ.

ha!

so what was his response?

snoopy138

Jun 10, 2013, 4:11 PM
Post #99807 of 105309 (4745 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Does anyone else get caught off guard when they find a photo they posted on one site suddenly appear on another site?

Found this today:
http://toprope.me/...e1-ba63-296b900fd845

Thoughts that go through my head:
1) Hey, that's my photo
2) Why are they using a photo from crag XYZ for crag UVW?
3) Why are they using a photo of a mixed route for a sport climbing area?
4) Why would they take the route information from RC.com, that's a terrible source.

Why would you name a climbing site Toprope?

yeah, this seems like the first question.

snoopy138

Jun 10, 2013, 4:12 PM
Post #99808 of 105309 (4743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Weekend report- guess who won her division, is going to nationals, and pre qualified for worlds in Spain?

This girl!

no shit? nice jorb. where's nationals?

granite_grrl

Jun 10, 2013, 4:18 PM
Post #99809 of 105309 (4736 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Weekend repot.

Saturday I went for a 12km run with minimal IT band discomfort. After Nathan got home from work we needed to start cleaning the house for my mother's visit next week. At first Nathan yelled at my for throwing away too much stuff (like cell phone bill statements from 5 years ago). Then he got drunk and got far better at tossing stuff.

Yesterday we got out climbing. I re-redpointed the hardest route I've ever done, didn't even have to skip clips on it this time. I then trashed myself on a route that's two grades easier, but way more endurence based.

Best part were the two non climbers that somehow got down the gully when Nathan was climbing. The running commentary from the girl was awesome. First she asked if Nathan needed some water "he doesn't sound right, he sounds thirsty" (as Nathan is trying hard on a route). Then as he was lowering and cleaning the draws she asks "Does that harness squish your dingle? Because your dingle looks squished."

I was laughing too hard to ask her why she was looking at my husband's dingle. Nathan fielded the question like a champ.

ha!

so what was his response?

I actually don't remember. The girl had a case of verbal diarreha so I think Nathan barely had a break to tell her that his dingle was okay before the next shiney thing caught her eye.

carabiner96

Jun 10, 2013, 4:20 PM
Post #99810 of 105309 (4733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This girl!

Atlanta. In fucking JULY. It means I have a year to get in shape- since this weekend was the first IFSC para event, they need a full year of events before having a national event.

carabiner96

Jun 10, 2013, 4:23 PM
Post #99811 of 105309 (4724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I still hate bouldering.

dr_feelgood

Jun 10, 2013, 4:25 PM
Post #99812 of 105309 (4721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
I still hate bouldering.
durp

dr_feelgood

Jun 10, 2013, 4:25 PM
Post #99813 of 105309 (4721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This girl!

Atlanta. In fucking JULY. It means I have a year to get in shape- since this weekend was the first IFSC para event, they need a full year of events before having a national event.

I wonder if there is anyone around that knows anything about hangboreding.

Partner camhead

Jun 10, 2013, 4:34 PM
Post #99814 of 105309 (4714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Also, gud jorb on the repeat, Beccs! Repeating past gloriez is awesome.

granite_grrl

Jun 10, 2013, 5:06 PM
Post #99815 of 105309 (4712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Also, gud jorb on the repeat, Beccs! Repeating past gloriez is awesome.

Thanks! Current goal is to redpoint both that hard for me route and the endurence, beat the crap out of you route in a day. Hopefully I'll be close by the end of the month.

I dunno, I should start projecting some new hardest for me routes soon too, but I'm enjoying getting into great shape right now.

drivel

Jun 10, 2013, 5:13 PM
Post #99816 of 105309 (4711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:

This girl!

GONGRADULATION

snoopy138

Jun 10, 2013, 5:20 PM
Post #99817 of 105309 (4707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This girl!

so is the spain thing after that, or before?

carabiner96

Jun 10, 2013, 5:39 PM
Post #99818 of 105309 (4700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This girl!

After, Sept 2014... Though I guess Spain is lead and Munich is bouldering... Everyone kept saying Spain this weekend so maybe it'll be spurt after all? Which would be nice...

Also, I got to try a new climbing hand that actually works, my mind is blown. Definitely indoor only but it'll let me do some previously unattainable things.

granite_grrl

Jun 10, 2013, 5:45 PM
Post #99819 of 105309 (4685 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

This girl!

After, Sept 2014... Though I guess Spain is lead and Munich is bouldering... Everyone kept saying Spain this weekend so maybe it'll be spurt after all? Which would be nice...

Also, I got to try a new climbing hand that actually works, my mind is blown. Definitely indoor only but it'll let me do some previously unattainable things.

You gets any pics of the hand? That would be cool to see.

caughtinside

Jun 10, 2013, 6:17 PM
Post #99820 of 105309 (4675 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Friday I took a rest day, it rained all day anyway. We had a Die Hard party at Chris and Spencer's, drank girlie margaritas. Also watched that Silver Lining Playbook, which was fun (the Hunger Gheymes chick is hawt). I also recognized a guy I took on a horseback trip like 12 years ago as one of the minor character actors in it. As we were getting ready to call it a night, and me drive back to the campground, a guy rolled in who was staying with Chris, but we had never met. He seemed pretty strong, dropped a lot of big numbers regarding the tard climbing in NC. Said he wanted to go check out some of Goodman's one-three-argh routes here. Sounded cool, I was psyched to climb with someone a bit stronger.

Saturday, we decided to do a full day chasing shade at Endless Wall. We warmed up, then strong guy got right on a 12b called Black Happy, and started falling all over the crux at the first bolt. No feet, twin quarter pad gastons with a deadpoint up to a shallow two-finger pocket. Looked heinous. He was about to go wobbler-con-2000, screaming kicking, but then lowered off, pretty pissed. I dropped some excuses about my lispaul, edged up into the crux, and then onsighted totally statically. Woo, hangboreding works! I wish I could say I onsighted the whole rig, but at a roof at the top the sun came out, blinded me, and I greased off a slimper. Bummer. I was still climbing pretty well, did like four more Endless 12s, including two that I bailed the strong guy out of. I guess he is better at steep than Endless vertical. It was totally some old bull/young bull shit. We made plans for me to show him the Meadow River roof carck tour the next day, but he bailed to climb with some other friends. Zang!

Last night we did what's becoming a weekly tradition, Sunday evening run with the free shuttle on the New River, guided by J_muthuhfucking_Ung. It was a cool crowd of off-duty river guides and us. We were taking our friend Spencer for her first river trip evar, and on the bus ride to the put in she was a bit leery of the guides who were doing regular guide stuff: loudly talking schit, chugging pibbers, making sex jokes, and flashing everyone their tits.

We got to the put in, unloaded, and the guides were literally stumbling into their boats, drinking and smoking. Chris and Spencer asked Jay, "do these guys know what they're doing? Are we going to have to help them out?" J just laffed and said they'd be fine.

River level was awesome, recent storm surge, straightforward runs, rocks all out of the way, and BIG waves. We took a couple big hits, and I could tell Spencer was a bit apprehensive, laughing nervously. Guides are behind us, drinking and bumming smokes from J. We get to a rapid called "second warmup," which is a class II, and Jay tells us that it's not bad, but at this level has big waves. The first wave stalled us out, and then the second flipped us. Boat's upside down, bodies and paddles everywhere, we're drifting toward the first Class V. Shit's about to get serious.

Then, the drunk guides swooped in, dragged us all in the boat, grabbed our paddles, laughed at us, and we eddied out before the big rapid. Chris and Spencer were a bit flabbergasted that they could go from drunk messes to saviors in a heartbeat; we just told them that this is what guides do. The rest of the run was flawless, huge waves and whoops and screams in the evening light. Got to the takeout with some frozen margies that I'd stashed, then went and had bad-beta Chinese buffet, which is also becoming a post-river tradition.

That's awl. Gonna try to get out on the rock this evening if the rain stops. I think I found a mega-prodge that goes into the shade by 5pm, big moves between small holds. I fucking love this place.

gud work. Stay there, so I have somewhere to crash.

meatbomz

Jun 10, 2013, 6:36 PM
Post #99821 of 105309 (4670 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

Think I'll skeeve back in here to znipe 100K. The last month has been renovating the house so I can sell it. Goodbye mortgage!

snoopy138

Jun 10, 2013, 6:51 PM
Post #99822 of 105309 (4664 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

Think I'll skeeve back in here to znipe 100K. The last month has been renovating the house so I can sell it. Goodbye mortgage!

Are you going to be moving into a van, renting, or building yore own place?

granite_grrl

Jun 10, 2013, 7:25 PM
Post #99823 of 105309 (4647 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

Log cabin I heard.

caughtinside

Jun 10, 2013, 8:23 PM
Post #99824 of 105309 (4634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

Log cabin I heard.
I hope there is a kloset for the drum set, climbing gearz and RAIDz server.

snoopy138

Jun 10, 2013, 8:47 PM
Post #99825 of 105309 (4628 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

Log cabin I heard.
I hope there is a kloset for the drum set, climbing gearz and RAIDz server.

yeah, RIP rAIDS server.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook