Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 4023 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Aug 9, 2013, 8:49 PM
Post #100451 of 105309 (4967 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I getting kinda sick of the photos of girls just standing there showing up on the front page.

I've been rating those 5 stars!Angelic

nobody on this fucking site climbs anymore.

Climbing ?What's that? is it the workout you do to warm up for hangboard? Kinda like cross-fit, but less structured?

I've even took a bit of a break from teh climbzing. Had a great run of spurt prodges, and then me and Joe went after the hairball R-rated mixed routes for the last couple days that I was insured. Found a pretty cool new sub who is psyched to climb a lot, and has a super good trad lead head.

But then went and visited family in Savannah Gawjuh, sliced open my finger super bad while washing a tin can, and came back to Dubbya Vee with book deadlines, job apps, shitty weather, and news that a good friend from high school died, probably suicide. Not a lot of desire to climb the climbs right now, for some reason.

The finger will heal fast, hopefully. I noticed a strange thing with a lot of people who move closer to good climbing and promptly start climbing less. I hope your condition is temporary.

There is a lot of stuff going on, but when the weather turns crisp, you will find your motivation somewhere under your mattress, or inside your shoes, or wherever motivations go. Mine just came back from a holiday break, i think. And I am happy to welcome her back.

Fuck, I can't wait for colder weather. I've determined that I am not biologically suited for hot weather.

caughtinside

Aug 9, 2013, 9:10 PM
Post #100452 of 105309 (4966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I getting kinda sick of the photos of girls just standing there showing up on the front page.

I made Nathan take photos of me after my send last weekend, hopefully I can get them up on RC.com this weekend. He's actually quite good at taking photos with a simple point and shoot.
Hey, if you're thirsty and need a drink out of your water bottle - document that shit!

or if you're standing on the ground looking pretty before climbing. which, at least, involved some actual climbing gear?

Maybe Edge could put his pic of himself in a sportsbra back up. I'd five star that.

GO

i five starred the water bottle pic and the make-up pre climbing shot.

nothing else to do on the site.

There was a killer photo of a guy doing a handstand in his living room yesterday in the new photos section.

right now there's a weird picture of a baby on a rope on teh fp.

I did not vote that 5 stars

caughtinside

Aug 9, 2013, 9:17 PM
Post #100453 of 105309 (4964 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Climbing ?What's that? is it the workout you do to warm up for hangboard? Kinda like cross-fit, but less structured?

I've even took a bit of a break from teh climbzing. Had a great run of spurt prodges, and then me and Joe went after the hairball R-rated mixed routes for the last couple days that I was insured. Found a pretty cool new sub who is psyched to climb a lot, and has a super good trad lead head.

But then went and visited family in Savannah Gawjuh, sliced open my finger super bad while washing a tin can, and came back to Dubbya Vee with book deadlines, job apps, shitty weather, and news that a good friend from high school died, probably suicide. Not a lot of desire to climb the climbs right now, for some reason.

Yeah, I need to get back into it.

Things are cooling down now. I would like to meet up with Jack for at least a day and clip things up, but with the other guy out on paternities leave, I'm holding down the fort solo. Plus, mother in law is still sorta in town and I"m flag boy this weekend.

I got some time late Oct or early Nov I think to get out.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I just read on the Taco last night that Blitzo is no longer getting preventative treatment for his cancer. Frown

snoopy138

Aug 9, 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #100454 of 105309 (4959 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I made Nathan take photos of me after my send last weekend, hopefully I can get them up on RC.com this weekend. He's actually quite good at taking photos with a simple point and shoot.
Hey, if you're thirsty and need a drink out of your water bottle - document that shit!

or if you're standing on the ground looking pretty before climbing. which, at least, involved some actual climbing gear?

Maybe Edge could put his pic of himself in a sportsbra back up. I'd five star that.

GO

There was a killer photo of a guy doing a handstand in his living room yesterday in the new photos section.

Has anyone informed the guy who posted it that his climbing life is now over?

fixied

dr_feelgood

Aug 9, 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #100455 of 105309 (4947 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

There was a picture of a copperhead on one of the times I clicked the FP.

granite_grrl

Aug 10, 2013, 12:03 AM
Post #100456 of 105309 (4940 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Yeah, I need to get back into it.

Things are cooling down now. I would like to meet up with Jack for at least a day and clip things up, but with the other guy out on paternities leave, I'm holding down the fort solo. Plus, mother in law is still sorta in town and I"m flag boy this weekend.

I got some time late Oct or early Nov I think to get out.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I just read on the Taco last night that Blitzo is no longer getting preventative treatment for his cancer. Frown

You want to come climb in the Obed late Nov?

lena_chita

Aug 10, 2013, 1:10 AM
Post #100457 of 105309 (4929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

The finger will heal fast, hopefully. I noticed a strange thing with a lot of people who move closer to good climbing and promptly start climbing less. I hope your condition is temporary.

There is a lot of stuff going on, but when the weather turns crisp, you will find your motivation somewhere under your mattress, or inside your shoes, or wherever motivations go. Mine just came back from a holiday break, i think. And I am happy to welcome her back.

Fuck, I can't wait for colder weather. I've determined that I am not biologically suited for hot weather.

Everyone tells me that i have " russian genes" when i say that. (No I don't). But what's your excuse?

dr_feelgood

Aug 10, 2013, 1:16 AM
Post #100458 of 105309 (4927 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Everyone tells me that i have " russian genes" when i say that. (No I don't). But what's your excuse?

Anecdotal evidence.

caughtinside

Aug 10, 2013, 1:40 AM
Post #100459 of 105309 (4922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Living under the fog line has made me intolerant to hot weather. Well, I like it if I can sit next to a pool or something, but I can no longer climb or bike in excessive heat very well.

Partner camhead

Aug 10, 2013, 1:57 AM
Post #100460 of 105309 (4919 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

Our friend Chris's youngest pitt, named Nova, got bit in the face by a copperhead today. She laid down and slobbered for an hour, then got up and walked out. Honey badger! Hard to kill!

climbingtrash

Aug 10, 2013, 3:22 AM
Post #100461 of 105309 (4912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash

Post #100462 of 105309 (4912 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wo0! Wuts up gerks?!?

climbingtrash

Post #100463 of 105309 (4912 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96

Aug 10, 2013, 4:14 AM
Post #100464 of 105309 (4899 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OMG, this season on next top model is co ed!

granite_grrl

Aug 10, 2013, 1:03 PM
Post #100465 of 105309 (4883 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Anecdotal evidence.

I wouldn't think the beard would help.

drivel

Aug 10, 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #100466 of 105309 (4869 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Living under the fog line has made me intolerant to hot weather. Well, I like it if I can sit next to a pool or something, but I can no longer climb or bike in excessive heat very well.

just went thrifting and bought a shitload of cardigans in anticipation of the fog. and silk scarves. I look like a delicious faggot and the bhey is gonna love me.

climbs4fun

Aug 11, 2013, 9:15 PM
Post #100467 of 105309 (4845 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

Wuss

Partner camhead

Aug 12, 2013, 2:09 PM
Post #100468 of 105309 (4822 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Inane updates: still going through the longest not-climbing streak I've had in years. It's been a week and a day since I touched rock. Past few days were shit rainy; last night instead of doing the river, Chris and I opted to just put on PFDs and fins, and swim the lower New (six rapids, one class V), which was in total flood stages. It was pretty goddamned powerful, definitely gives you a different perspective on how the water works.

Was psyched to get out climbing today, but no partners, and then I got an email from an editor, with ALL of the final little tweaks to mah book. So, I'm going to be stuck in a kawfee shop all day, and all tomorrow, probably, going over the revisions.

caughtinside

Aug 12, 2013, 3:07 PM
Post #100469 of 105309 (4808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No climbing for 8 days and now you have to work for a day and a half?

My heart bleeds for ewe!

I did have fun as flag boy out on the lake yesterday.

snoopy138

Aug 12, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #100470 of 105309 (4801 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
macherry wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

yeah, that one's been showing up a lot.

snoopy138

Aug 12, 2013, 4:15 PM
Post #100471 of 105309 (4797 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Inane updates: still going through the longest not-climbing streak I've had in years. It's been a week and a day since I touched rock. Past few days were shit rainy; last night instead of doing the river, Chris and I opted to just put on PFDs and fins, and swim the lower New (six rapids, one class V), which was in total flood stages. It was pretty goddamned powerful, definitely gives you a different perspective on how the water works.

Was psyched to get out climbing today, but no partners, and then I got an email from an editor, with ALL of the final little tweaks to mah book. So, I'm going to be stuck in a kawfee shop all day, and all tomorrow, probably, going over the revisions.

oh no3z! we awl feel for ewe.

you didn't take 8 days off when you lispaul'd yoreself?

granite_grrl

Aug 12, 2013, 4:18 PM
Post #100472 of 105309 (4794 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought this photo was pretty rad (he's doing a handstand push up!) but his profile is even radder.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...d-pushup_122351.html

lena_chita

Aug 12, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #100473 of 105309 (4783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

That's different. Somehow.

Partner camhead

Aug 12, 2013, 5:12 PM
Post #100474 of 105309 (4781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

I hanged bored pretty soon after I accidentally my LisPaul.

Haven't even done that this past weak.

lena_chita

Aug 12, 2013, 5:58 PM
Post #100475 of 105309 (4770 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

I hanged bored pretty soon after I accidentally my LisPaul.

Haven't even done that this past weak.

Get off the internetz, you are supposed to be working.

But yeah, I sort-of miss the earnest gumby days when I was out climbing every single weekend I possibly could, sun and humidity be damned. I should try it again someday.

Heffe went with Tim for a day at the local TR crag while I was driving across the PA and back. They fed a ton of mosquitoes and retreated to preserve some blood for the future, after only 15 pitches or so.

The pitches are rather short, but it sounds like he's done the most climbing out of this sorry group recently.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 4020 4021 4022 4023 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook